If I Had a Billion Dollars...

Jace, Extat

I'd give half to the people in Ohio

I'd use the other half to rescue Wally Pfister out of whatever Bane Pit he got thrown into after his movie wasn't even that bad it just kinda was boring AF 

Somehow there hasn't been a Batgirl, or a proper Batboi depicted (y'know in costume) since my boy Sexy Sax Schumacher was on that shit a QUARTER-CENTURY AGO 

How is that even fucking possible? You get a butch gal who likes cars, comes from a south-Texas background and done washed up in Goth-Ham. You get an effete young adoptee who ran away 'cause his Goth-Hamite bourgeoisie "parents" bought him from Africa as a status symbol and he ran away. Start the first ten minutes of the film with Bat-Graduated Gordon Levitt and Batgirl in final stages of "rescuing" New-Robin off the street to return him to his parents. Parents are ick. 

New Robin

With Half-A-B, plus a full-B writing the script (that'd be ME-B), and a director who knows what a CHaM-Err-aaah is if we can't get this done on-time and fucking-WATCHABLE then Egdod help us all. 

Do I have to write it FOR YOU!?!!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?

I'd love to buy a plane and learn how to fly it, buy a yacht and sail around the world, buy a few nice properties, start a wine vineyard and/or a whiskey distillery and give a large sum of it away to various charitable causes for starters. 

But all of that can be decided upon after I paid for Chris Pine's legal fees assuming he attacked Harry Styles during this interview:

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

I'd love to buy a plane and learn how to fly it, buy a yacht and sail around the world, buy a few nice properties, start a wine vineyard and/or a whiskey distillery and give a large sum of it away to various charitable causes for starters. 

But all of that can be decided upon after I paid for Chris Pine's legal fees assuming he attacked Harry Styles during this interview:

I used to play the Flight Simulator, and I'd dutifully be a Button-Pusher should the need arise for such in the future. 

That being said. 

I can't learn to fly a plane no matter how many billions I goldfarm out of Minecraft(can you do that?) 

I'appel du vide 

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

but not a real green dress that's cruel

???

My first thought was cancer research, but I would probably take 0.1% for me and my family to set us all up for life, and various percentages for nature  conservation efforts, local healthcare infrastructure improvement, historical monument and landmark renovation/conservation and waste management. Still leaving 60% for cancer research. 

from my cut I would travel the UK and Scandinavia, visit New Zealand, Peru, Jordan, the UAE, Egypt, Morocco,  perhaps Japan and go back to all the cities I have visited and loved. I would open an independent pie shop and a cafe chain that’s also a second hand bookshop/library. We would be present in every larger town locally, and also in Czechia, Poland and Slovakia. I’m not sure about the business model, but you could probably take a book with you if you buy an overpriced coffee & bakery item, or bring another book. If you just bring a book but don’t want an overpriced latte you get a coupon to my pie shop. There’d be a selection of various languages, book club nights and readings for self published authors and merch, there’d be so much merch. Tote bags and hoodies and all that shit. There’d by a collab with my cancer research fund so you could get a pink ribbon line of merch and latte/bakery extravaganza, all profits would be donated to the fund and you’d get a pink ribbon badge for free. 

From the 60 percent, a few million would bring us a local (first, then we would branch out) awareness app. We would record physiotherapy sessions for video courses for post surgery recovery, and meditation/relaxation techniques and courses for mental health, collective digital guide for nutrition advice, short form content for useful tips, q&a, helpline, chat all for free. There’d be events, group therapy sessions, group exercise/physiotherapy sessions, nutritionist and psychologist consultations to book for reduced membership price. There’d be merch, obviously, we are talking about me. And if we branch out this would all be available in Polish, Slovakian and Czech. And then in Ukrainian, Romanian, Serbian, Croatian and Slovenian too. This is actually something I would really like to do even without the billion dollars and isn’t out of the realm of possibility at all. 

Well, I never thought this question would tickle my brain to this extent. Shutting up now :leaving: 

4 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

I read once that lottery winners who win about £5 million are happiest, so i'd give everyone i know that much until i had my own 5 million left.  

This is also one of the major reasons why a majority of lottery winners end up going broke.

6 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Great Canadian song by the Barenaked Ladies! Of course inflation has added a lot of zeroes to the title. Inflation!

2 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

As soon as I saw the thread title that song got stuck in my head…

Exactly what I thought of first.

10 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

if we are talking crazy shit i'd buy my own ski resort, and wear new socks everyday. 

:lol:

I realized when I was like playing Madden Franchise-Mode (circa 2008-10) with a box fan sitting so close to my head I think it gave me tinnitus that, like a football team would be the only thing I'd want. Y'know? Like, if I had the Billions. Because of COURSE I'd want one. I'm me. But I knew even then, like fourteen or fifteen or whatever, that I was never gonna do Bezos stuff to y'know... get one

Silly ambitioning for a blockbuster film is as much as I wish to associate with those kind of people 

Even in fucking fantasies 

:commie:

1 hour ago, Zorral said:

Housing and reproductive health centers and dentistry centers.  And public library funding.

I should have thought of that. Do they still make Between the Lions? Some kind of social movement where we Clockwork Orange the children into thinking reading BOOK can be fun

7 minutes ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

children into thinking reading BOOK can be fun

They are called something else now, but there are many, many, many more of these programs, as well as volunteers teaching and coaching kids, both immigrant and native English speakers, with language and school work.  And loads of young mother classes and much else. Not to mention courses in resume writing and everything else. These branches are true community centers -- and when it gets freezing and when it gets so hot no one can breathe, they are warming and cooling centers as well as a place for those who can't afford wifi, and / or are homeless can go. 

Oops, and I forgot to add, this is where to get your free covid home covid tests.

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

Almost forgot.

I'd pay Ty to get a tattoo that reads:

Golf is not a sport!

No, not on the forehead, I am not a savage. 

So on the neck, right?

If I had a billion? Honestly hard to conceptualize a number that big.  I’d probably hire my law firm to set me up with (1) my own family office and (2) a charitable foundation that would probably be education focused (I’d fund a lot of pre-K and community college).  I would pay off my mortgage.  I might buy property in Italy.  

Archived