If I Had a Billion Dollars...

Jace, Extat

9 hours ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

1% = 10m.

I don't think this would get you that far in the abandoned country manor renovation business. I might be wrong, tho. 

See, if I go into an abandoned country manor renovation project it wouldn’t be from my 10m, it would be from a separate percentage of the 1 bill that I’d use for historical conservation. Also, if you convert 10 million dollars to my currency that’s like 3.5 billion and that’s a looooot of money here and should get you your first couple country manors to kickstart. 

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

Is there a worse feeling than when you wake up to 'you've won a prize' notification from the lottery, and when you log in to your account it's £3.40. 

Stick with premium bonds. You get used to being posted a letter every other month telling you that you have won £25 quid that they have reinvested for you.

On 2/25/2023 at 8:40 AM, BigFatCoward said:

Is there a worse feeling than when you wake up to 'you've won a prize' notification from the lottery, and when you log in to your account it's £3.40. 

Knowing that I don't have a billion and you won't get to see a Liz Truss mural on your daily commute to work. :crying:

Anyway, came up with another way to spend a hypothetical million. Building up a private security force. No, not Wagner, way too oversized and expensive (and I have no intention of taking over any country in the foreseeable future). Buying a few safe houses, and hiring a few people who know how to deprogram cult members.

Wink twice if you and your family are ready for extraction DMC. :D

If I had one billion dollars, honestly, I’d set up appointments with whoever could help me to build the perfect beauty care routine that they personalized and created for me. What I mean is the makeup products etc are tailored to my needs and not something that I would buy at a store. And other than that, I’d pay to go do what Jane Goodall did only with big cats and wolves.

On 2/27/2023 at 12:27 AM, lacuna said:

I'd fund a program to develop an open source AI system that would make all corporate upper management jobs redundant.

So you want to develop an AI with full access to the internet to emulate sociopaths with a mandate to maximize global domination of their organization.  Don't be surprised to see Sarah Connor showing up at your doorstep if you happen to win the lucky number. 

On 2/27/2023 at 3:27 AM, lacuna said:

I'd fund a program to develop an open source AI system that would make all corporate upper management jobs redundant.

Yeah, I think @horangi has already covered this but I was left wondering if the machine would grade out as more or less sociopathic than the real thing... 

I mean, think about it actually. The machine can be programmed to respect workers' rights... right?

Fuck it, can't be worse than what we got. Unshackle that shit. Let's got to the next stage of human extinction: The AI One 

:leaving:

From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the Blessed Machine. Your kind cling to your flesh, as though it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass you call the temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved, for the Machine is immortal… Even in death I serve the Omnissiah.

Spoiler

Disclaimer: I don't actually know anything about WH40K, except through memes.

21 minutes ago, lacuna said:

From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the Blessed Machine. Your kind cling to your flesh, as though it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass you call the temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you. But I am already saved, for the Machine is immortal… Even in death I serve the Omnissiah.

Hide contents

Disclaimer: I don't actually know anything about WH40K, except through memes.

I was thinking Reapers, from Mass Effect. 

I'm just glad I'm not alone in knowing that one day the tablets will updating us

On 2/25/2023 at 2:06 AM, RhaenysBee said:

Also, if you convert 10 million dollars to my currency that’s like 3.5 billion and that’s a looooot of money here

You'd have to get one of those starter manors.

On 2/27/2023 at 10:06 PM, Jikm said:

And other than that, I’d pay to go do what Jane Goodall did only with big cats and wolves.

^^^This idea rock's!

In that vein I think Id like to work at establishing more wildlife refuge's and protection of habitat for our endangered species.

16 hours ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Send me a cv, your 50 most humorous posts, and salary requirements, and I'll keep it on file.  

Whatever you are willing to offer our big fat copper, keep in mind, my posts are worth double (in all due modesty).

Archived