Knowing It's Coming and Not Liking It

Curled Finger

1 hour ago, Le Cygne said:

Basically I'd like GRRM to allow these characters to express themselves and to put things they've learned to good use. It's time to lay some cards on the table.

Well said!   :cheers:

17 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Okay it's gone to far now. Stop.

I do think the Sand Snakes are going to play some very nasty games with Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei that will probably include the gruesome death of Ser Pounce and the other kittens.

It makes sense. Cersei's POV in Winds is probably going to be GRRM's version of a psychological horror/thriller film.

Cersei will almost certainly survive but Tommen and Myrcella won't. I actually think Tommen will die as a result of an accident caused by Cersei.

I think Myrcella's death will be more or less the same as it was in the TV show. For her to die in the arms of her true father (who she had not gotten along with) after having a conversation about the true nature of her birth and parentage...that was beautifully and romantically depicted. Except I think that she will die in the arms of Cersei as they flee King's Landing by ship. Which would be an absolute tragedy.

41 minutes ago, BlackLightning said:

I do think the Sand Snakes are going to play some very nasty games with Tommen, Myrcella and Cersei that will probably include the gruesome death of Ser Pounce and the other kittens.

It makes sense. Cersei's POV in Winds is probably going to be GRRM's version of a psychological horror/thriller film.

Cersei will almost certainly survive but Tommen and Myrcella won't. I actually think Tommen will die as a result of an accident caused by Cersei.

I think Myrcella's death will be more or less the same as it was in the TV show. For her to die in the arms of her true father (who she had not gotten along with) after having a conversation about the true nature of her birth and parentage...that was beautifully and romantically depicted. Except I think that she will die in the arms of Cersei as they flee King's Landing by ship. Which would be an absolute tragedy.

I do find the Sand Snakes (other than Sarella) completely despicable.  They are among the very few people that would make me root for Cersei, by comparison.

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

You will have to work a lot harder as one of the nicest people in the entire world, LR.  

Aw, thanks Curl.  I am an atheist so maybe I can still be listed there some day!   :cheers:

15 hours ago, Nevets said:

I think Jeyne is safe for a while longer.  Chekhov's whip marks have to pay off.  All trails lead to Littlefinger so she has to get some ways along.  If GRRM wishes she could be an infodump on his activities.

Things I fear happening: 

Arya going bad and becoming a soulless killer.

Sansa becoming Littlefinger 2.0.

Dany not making it to or near Westeros.

Un-Jon becoming villainous.

Jon Arya ship.

Sailor's wife being Tysha (so cliche)

My biggest fear: Red Wedding 2.0.  More violence is the last thing Riverlands needs.

I'm thinking if Sansa learns to be a manipulator she will do better, with more finesse, less chaos than LF.  She does, after all, have real reasons for whatever she will do, not simple grasping, right?  This bit about Dany not getting to Westeros places you on the fast boat to Hell, old friend.  That's just unthinkable.   Ugh!  

18 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I do find the Sand Snakes (other than Sarella) completely despicable.  They are among the very few people that would make me root for Cersei, by comparison.

I mean Cersei has killed multiple babies but they take it one step further by appearing to take pride in such acts...

12 hours ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

I shall purchase my ticket to the toasty vacation spot as well, with something to contribute.

I fear for Missandei and the other children caught up in the civil war in Meereen, including the hostages whom the Shavepate might well murder without Dany there to prevent it. I'm holding out hope for Missandei at least, but unfortunately, the child hostages are likely doomed. :bawl:

Hellbound.

2 hours ago, SeanF said:

Save in this instance, it will be Nymeria Sand boiling Ser Pounce.

Thus far you have achieved bad, horrible, awful, ghastly and a preponderance of hell bound votes.  Congratulations, Ser, today I would like to award you with wicked. 

8 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Dany not getting to Westeros places you on the fast boat to Hell, old friend.  That's just unthinkable.   Ugh!  

It is thinkable and I can see it happening.    :dunno:    Don't worry about sending me to hell, I already have my ticket punched.      :P

1 hour ago, BlackLightning said:

Bunny boiling puppy eating kitten killing ghoul.  I actually agree with all of it as this is how I have imagined it will all play out.  Cersei is a tragedy with hair no matter what she does and what she does is all tragedy.   I enjoy the hell out of her.  

35 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I don't know, I kinda like Tyene.  She's creepy.  

18 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Aw, thanks Curl.  I am an atheist so maybe I can still be listed there some day!   :cheers:

There is a series on Netflix called The Inside Man.   I love me some David Tennant.  Yum.  He plays this Vicar.  Opening scene he's saying goodbye to folks as they leave the church.   This one couple comes up to him and the man says he's still an atheist.  Tennant says God loves atheists!   I thought it was cute. 

You can go wherever we go because it just wouldn't be a party without you, Love.  

2 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

There is a series on Netflix called The Inside Man.   I love me some David Tennant.  Yum.  He plays this Vicar.  Opening scene he's saying goodbye to folks as they leave the church.   This one couple comes up to him and the man says he's still an atheist.  Tennant says God loves atheists!   I thought it was cute. 

You can go wherever we go because it just wouldn't be a party without you, Love.  

As long as I can wear my dancin' shoes, I'm in!    :commie:

1 hour ago, SeanF said:

Agreed. Obara, Nymeria and Tyene are trash. And as for Elia...well, she hasn't done anything yet, but she is bad news and I don't like her either.

Obara is an unconventionally conventional threat while Tyene is basically a GRRM amalgamation of the killer doll (i.e. Chucky, Annabelle, etc.) and the killer nun.

But Nymeria is scary simply because she will be in a pretty significant position of power. No one in King's Landing will dare challenge and offend her because doing so would push Dorne over the edge. And with everything going on with Stannis, Catelyn, Euron, Aegon and now Kevan/Pycelle, that would be the last thing that they need.

Unfortunately, all attempts to please Nymeria or steer clear of her won't matter as she'll probably kill them all anyways.

38 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

I don't know, I kinda like Tyene.  She's creepy.  

Tyene is a standout character to be honest.

It is rare enough to have a female character is a full-blown creep. It is even rarer for the creepiness of said female character to not have anything to do with sex.

Like the fact that Tyene is creepy has absolutely nothing to do with her sex and sexuality is very refreshing to say the least.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:10 AM, BlackLightning said:

Agreed. Obara, Nymeria and Tyene are trash. And as for Elia...well, she hasn't done anything yet, but she is bad news and I don't like her either.

Obara is an unconventionally conventional threat while Tyene is basically a GRRM amalgamation of the killer doll (i.e. Chucky, Annabelle, etc.) and the killer nun.

But Nymeria is scary simply because she will be in a pretty significant position of power. No one in King's Landing will dare challenge and offend her because doing so would push Dorne over the edge. And with everything going on with Stannis, Catelyn, Euron, Aegon and now Kevan/Pycelle, that would be the last thing that they need.

Unfortunately, all attempts to please Nymeria or steer clear of her won't matter as she'll probably kill them all anyways.

Tyene is a standout character to be honest.

It is rare enough to have a female character is a full-blown creep. It is even rarer for the creepiness of said female character to not have anything to do with sex.

Like the fact that Tyene is creepy has absolutely nothing to do with her sex and sexuality is very refreshing to say the least.  

I actually pondered this for a bit because well it's deep and I really liked it.  The Sand Snakes are easy to dismiss having seen so very little of them, but you really seem to get them.  I hone in on Tyene because she seems to know something, be on an inside track with Doran at least about Darkstar.  Her assignment with the High Sparrow should be satisfying in the nastiest possible way and well, I dread her possibly interacting with Marg.  That would be very bad I think.   Yah, I never imagined Marg would end in a stabby Chuckie doll sort of way and ICK, thanks for that new horror.  

Now then to clear my mind of that ugliness I do rather enjoy the idea of Arianne getting all hot and bothered supremely sure of herself with Aegon only to have little Elia claim the prize there.  Wouldn't that be so much fun to watch the princess's face break over that!  I am not a huge Arianne fan, but she serves her purposes and I can see her story going in many directions.  Would it be tragic to read her attempt to seduce Jon Connington by crawling into his pallet and contracting greyscale by sheer stupidity?  

On 2/25/2023 at 8:13 PM, Craving Peaches said:

I mean Cersei has killed multiple babies but they take it one step further by appearing to take pride in such acts...

if you think Cersei doesn't take pride in killing babies, you weren't paying attention!

I don't remember Cersei taking pride in killing babies, except for the "babies" that were Robert's sperm. Which she ate, for some reason. :ack:

To be fair to Cersei, her likeliest death won't be karmic. She should die for her sins, especially if wildfire will play a role as many readers expect; and she needs to die by the standards of her world. However, she doesn't deserve to die in a moment of intimacy, tricked into letting her guard down. No one does.

Archived