Knowing It's Coming and Not Liking It

Curled Finger

45 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

I don't remember Cersei taking pride in killing babies, except for the "babies" that were Robert's sperm. Which she ate, for some reason. :ack:

To be fair to Cersei, her likeliest death won't be karmic. She should die for her sins, especially if wildfire will play a role as many readers expect; and she needs to die by the standards of her world. However, she doesn't deserve to die in a moment of intimacy, tricked into letting her guard down. No one does.

It never once occurred to me that Cersei would die by fire.  Never.  I suppose I always thought if one of her brothers didn't choke her Sansa would.  Or she would fall off a balcony drunk.  Something really stupid, not epic at all.   I don't even see the brother choking her from the front, she doesn't even see it coming.  It's very lame.  She's had a spectacularly wicked life and times I think she rather deserves a boring even embarrassing death.  Not Walk of Shame embarrassing, but balcony drunk level.   She is a case of made her own bed and I am not one who likes to judge.  She's caused so much suffering and wreaked so much havoc for really foolish pride.  Ugh.  This isn't to say she hasn't paid.  I just don't think she's bright enough to understand she's paid because she doesn't really see anything beyond herself.   I don't know if there is a way to make this living character pay.  It doesn't seem to work.  

@Curled Finger

That was very unclear on my part; I apologize. I meant to say that Cersei especially deserves to die if she will wield consciously wildfire as a weapon to take out her enemies, and most likely countless innocents alongside it, effectively succeeding as Mad Queen where Jaime prevented Aerys II from succeeding as Mad King.

The walk of atonement was a vile, thoroughly misogynistic punishment that Cersei did not deserve, because no one could deserve that. But I agree that a mundanely embarrassing death would befit someone like her, who has caused so much suffering.

However, we know how she will die. Whatever else accompanies the choking doesn't matter as much because that will be what truly takes her life, and I suspect that it will be Jaime luring Cersei into a false sense of security. Domestic violence, what fun!

3 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

@Curled Finger, I loooooove the idea of a plastered Cersei falling off a balcony! :rofl:

Or something similar! She'll spend all her time drinking and smirking out of the balcony like in an alternative abominable universe, and then someone will just push her off because she's widely loathed in King's Landing and too drunk to hear them come up.

2 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

Or something similar! She'll spend all her time drinking and smirking out of the balcony like in an alternative abominable universe, and then someone will just push her off because she's widely loathed in King's Landing and too drunk to hear them come up.

Well, apart from her death that was basically Cersei’s story in the abomination. :lol:

5 hours ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

I don't remember Cersei taking pride in killing babies, except for the "babies" that were Robert's sperm. Which she ate, for some reason. :ack:

ummm... and there are a LOT of them . didn't she also consider the dead Catelyn Tully a weakling because she hadn't killed her husband's bastard? nothing like smart Cersei , knowing when to kill babies.

4 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

ummm... and there are a LOT of them . didn't she also consider the dead Catelyn Tully a weakling because she hadn't killed her husband's bastard? nothing like smart Cersei , knowing when to kill babies.

No, I mean she literally ate Robert's semen, referring to each drop(?) as a baby; and that's the only time she took pride in "baby"-killing. :ack:

The only child murder Cersei is confirmed responsible for is poor Barra. Littlefinger's rumor about the twins she had killed isn't confirmed even in her PoV. Not that I put it past her to have tried, of course, but it is completely wrong to imply she had all of Robert's bastards killed (sixteen total).

Thinking of Cat as weak for not having Jon killed is not quite the same as being proud that she did such with Robert's bastards, especially given the historical context of recognized bastards' children posing a threat to the (supposed, in the case of Cersei's children) trueborn side of the family (e.g., Blackfyre Pretenders). Cersei is vile enough in her own right without attributing unsubstantiated Ramsay-level traits onto her.

14 minutes ago, LongRider said:

To HELL! the lot of you!  

Yanno Curl, this is kinda fun.   :devil:

That's what @Ser Arthurs Dawn did here, told someone he was going to hell and I thought it was great.  Sure seems to have caught on!   This is OUR SAFE PLACE.  We can say whatever we want.  Here there be dragons!  Hehehehehe!  

51 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

No, I mean she literally ate Robert's semen, referring to each drop(?) as a baby; and that's the only time she took pride in "baby"-killing. :ack:

The only child murder Cersei is confirmed responsible for is poor Barra. Littlefinger's rumor about the twins she had killed isn't confirmed even in her PoV. Not that I put it past her to have tried, of course, but it is completely wrong to imply she had all of Robert's bastards killed (sixteen total).

Thinking of Cat as weak for not having Jon killed is not quite the same as being proud that she did such with Robert's bastards, especially given the historical context of recognized bastards' children posing a threat to the (supposed, in the case of Cersei's children) trueborn side of the family (e.g., Blackfyre Pretenders). Cersei is vile enough in her own right without attributing unsubstantiated Ramsay-level traits onto her.

Ewww.  Just Ewww.  Now I understand what Mom meant all those times she told us she should have eaten us.  Ewww.   

5 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Ewww.  Just Ewww.  Now I understand what Mom meant all those times she told us she should have eaten us.  Ewww.   

Why, why don’t we have a ‘just shaking my damn head’ emoji? Why? I could use one right now!

:frown5:
edt; and you are going straight to hell young lady!

Just now, LongRider said:

Why, why don’t we have a ‘just shaking my damn head’ emoji? Why? I could use one right now!

:frown5:

I'm thinking about this and reverting back to her meaning as in hamsters eating their young.  The whole idea of Mom playing the skin flute is just too weird.  

12 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

4 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

I'm thinking about this and reverting back to her meaning as in hamsters eating their young.  The whole idea of Mom playing the skin flute is just too weird.  

There's a third option here! She perhaps meant she was going to "eat you up," in the way parents sometimes jokingly scare small children and prepare them for giants roaming in the wild.

2 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

in the way parents sometimes jokingly scare small children and prepare them for giants roaming in the wild.

Damn, I missed that in my childhood, was just threatened with sin and going to hell.  Would rather have had giants.  Do they fit under the bed?

Just now, LongRider said:

Damn, I missed that in my childhood, was just threatened with sin and going to hell.  Would rather have had giants.  Do they fit under the bed?

The miniature species do! They make the best friends and are also the most delicious when broiled.

But for the others, you have to watch out for their predatory instincts! The size is a distraction; their power lies in their villainy: rattails. disco, and pouring the milk before the cereal.

You are entirely free of sin, so fortunately, we can put those worries behind us, and come up with more possibilities of innocents being tortured and killed in this book series! :cool4:

Archived