Knowing It's Coming and Not Liking It

Curled Finger

3 minutes ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

pouring the milk before the cereal.

This is a blasphemy I have never heard of before!  The vileness is stunning. This threatens the natural order and could cause Stark haters to repent and then the earth would fall into the sun!

:wideeyed:

Just now, LongRider said:

This is a blasphemy I have never heard of before!  The vileness is stunning. This threatens the natural order and could cause Stark haters to repent and then the earth would fall into the sun!

:wideeyed:

These are the people who have probed the darkest depths of the human mind, come away unsatisfied, and determined to do worse still. Indeed, I have faced the displeasure of guests doing this in my own home, more than once! It does convey well the despair that hosting visitors can cause. :shocked:

1 minute ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

, I have faced the displeasure of guests doing this in my own home, more than once! It does convey well the despair that hosting visitors can cause. :shocked:

Unfortunately such guests are protected by guest rights.  Sad. 

9 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

That's what @Ser Arthurs Dawn did here, told someone he was going to hell and I thought it was great.  Sure seems to have caught on!   This is OUR SAFE PLACE.  We can say whatever we want.  Here there be dragons!  Hehehehehe!  

We're such trend setters :cool4:

I am mostly disillusioned, especially after noticing how most of the world building elements aren't just inspired, but taken straight out of other works. I still like the story enough though, and only waiting the new books to see what would happen to some of the characters, especially ones that were left in a cliffhanger like Jon, Stannis, Sansa, and Tyrion to a degree if going to be meeting with Dany as a Lannister can count as one.

2 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I am mostly disillusioned, especially after noticing how most of the world building elements aren't just inspired, but taken straight out of other works.

Long ago on this forum I remember seeing a clip of GRRM and Diana Gabaldon at a comic con and they are talking about writing and how common it is that writers steal from each other.  Beside the Duncan Idaho and, ah, my old brain can't quite bring up now, what other similarities have you noticed.

4 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Long ago on this forum I remember seeing a clip of GRRM and Diana Gabaldon at a comic con and they are talking about writing and how common it is that writers steal from each other.  Beside the Duncan Idaho and, ah, my old brain can't quite bring up now, what other similarities have you noticed.

I've posted lists on it several times over the years, can't recall most of them right now but two that immediately comes to mind are Faceless Men/Tleilaxu Face Dancers, sapho juice/shade of the evening.

What I must say is being inspired is one thing and fine but these things I mention are straight out taken with little changes besides the name.

2 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Thanks!  Do you remember the Duncan Idaho reference, it's bugging me because right now I can't remember it!

:bang:

Syrio Forel, A Water Dancer and First sword of Braavos which is a city of islands, Duncan Idaho, one of right hand men of Duke Leto and a Swordmaster of Ginaz from Ginaz, a planet covered mostly by oceans  with what little land there is being archipelagos.

1 minute ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Syrio Forel, A Water Dancer and First sword of Braavos which is a city of islands, Duncan Idaho, one of right hand men of Duke Leto and a Swordmaster of Ginaz from Ginaz, a planet covered mostly by oceans  with what little land there is being archipelagos.

That's it!  I agree with you that this one does have a lot in common with Dune.  Others note common themes with LOTR with I've read and WOT which I haven't.  

19 hours ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

No, I mean she literally ate Robert's semen, referring to each drop(?) as a baby; and that's the only time she took pride in "baby"-killing. :ack:

wow! I did not remember that at all! I was like... "ummm... is she talking about the bastards?! eat whaat?!...." lol! 

19 hours ago, Many-Faced Votary said:

The only child murder Cersei is confirmed responsible for is poor Barra. Littlefinger's rumor about the twins she had killed isn't confirmed even in her PoV. Not that I put it past her to have tried, of course, but it is completely wrong to imply she had all of Robert's bastards killed (sixteen total).

Thinking of Cat as weak for not having Jon killed is not quite the same as being proud that she did such with Robert's bastards, especially given the historical context of recognized bastards' children posing a threat to the (supposed, in the case of Cersei's children) trueborn side of the family (e.g., Blackfyre Pretenders). Cersei is vile enough in her own right without attributing unsubstantiated Ramsay-level traits onto her.

Votary , it seems we have to disagree about something yet again!!! ... I think Cersei was quite pleased with herself that she's killed her husband's bastards , including the baby and the one she sold to slavery from lannisport/Casterly Rock) . besides, she wouldn't have to worry about bastards if her children weren't bastards. for all the Blackfyre talk , one of Daemon Blackfyre's biggest advantages was that he was Targaryen on both sides and looked more Targaryen than Daeron or Baelor . Baratheons never had that much purity of blood thing going on and none of Robert's bastards were that highborn , not even Edric Storm , and especially not baby daughter of a 14 yr old prostitute! one would think she has killed those kids to keep her own secret in earlier books . but in book 4 .... I don't know. she might not be a Ramsay level monster but she is definitely vile enough to think that killing a bastard in cradle is the best idea .. not because of political reasons but because they hurt her pride.

Just now, EggBlue said:

wow! I did not remember that at all! I was like... "ummm... is she talking about the bastards?! eat whaat?!...." lol! 

Votary , it seems we have to disagree about something yet again!!! ... I think Cersei was quite pleased with herself that she's killed her husband's bastards , including the baby and the one she sold to slavery from lannisport/Casterly Rock) . besides, she wouldn't have to worry about bastards if her children weren't bastards. for all the Blackfyre talk , one of Daemon Blackfyre's biggest advantages was that he was Targaryen on both sides and looked more Targaryen than Daeron or Baelor . Baratheons never had that much purity of blood thing going on and none of Robert's bastards were that highborn , not even Edric Storm , and especially not baby daughter of a 14 yr old prostitute! one would think she has killed those kids to keep her own secret in earlier books . but in book 4 .... I don't know. she might not be a Ramsay level monster but she is definitely vile enough to think that killing a bastard in cradle is the best idea .. not because of political reasons but because they hurt her pride.

She what?! I don’t remember that!

8 minutes ago, King Benedict Justman I said:

She what?! I don’t remember that!

These readers have a penchant for trying to give me nightmares in this topic.  We are doing Cersei now.  Are you shocked at Cersei's baby eating or just the killings?   You can catch up on the whole thing in the last page or 2.  Fascinating and horrifying.  Enjoy!  

2 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

These readers have a penchant for trying to give me nightmares in this topic.  We are doing Cersei now.  Are you shocked at Cersei's baby eating or just the killings?   You can catch up on the whole thing in the last page or 2.  Fascinating and horrifying.  Enjoy!  

I was talking selling the baby into slavery

Archived