Knowing It's Coming and Not Liking It

Curled Finger

2 hours ago, Curled Finger said:

I won't be surprised to see more horror of the Lovecraftian and King sort in Winds.  We'll see Castle Rock and House Bangor or something along with all Euron's mad madness.

Not King!  He kills off all the good ones with lots of blood and creepiness.    Whaaaaaaaaaaaaa!   :angry2:

2 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

How would you be able to tell the difference?

Well, I always could tell from the character development and storyline.  The reason I dropped King was the stories were too bloody, oh look at me now.   

2 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Well, I always could tell from the character development and storyline.  The reason I dropped King was the stories were too bloody, oh look at me now.   

i have been reading King since Carrie was published.  I feel like he is my good quiet husband sometimes.  When Fairy Tale came out last Fall I was sort of excited because I'm always excited for a new King story despite the fact that it's been a good 4 or 5 years since I've actually enjoyed a King story.  I tell you, Fairy Tale was like he put on a negligee for me and did the night right.  That was some delightful King like I haven't enjoyed in a long time.  Not too bloody for King nor too creepy for King.  

4 hours ago, King Benedict Justman I said:

I looked it up. She sold the mother into slavery

ah ... only the mother? what happened to the child? from what I remembered one(or a twin) of Bob's bastards was from a Westerlander mother and it was so insulting that Cersei sold them to slavery... 

5 hours ago, EggBlue said:

Votary , it seems we have to disagree about something yet again!!! ... I think Cersei was quite pleased with herself that she's killed her husband's bastards , including the baby and the one she sold to slavery from lannisport/Casterly Rock) . besides, she wouldn't have to worry about bastards if her children weren't bastards. for all the Blackfyre talk , one of Daemon Blackfyre's biggest advantages was that he was Targaryen on both sides and looked more Targaryen than Daeron or Baelor . Baratheons never had that much purity of blood thing going on and none of Robert's bastards were that highborn , not even Edric Storm , and especially not baby daughter of a 14 yr old prostitute! one would think she has killed those kids to keep her own secret in earlier books . but in book 4 .... I don't know. she might not be a Ramsay level monster but she is definitely vile enough to think that killing a bastard in cradle is the best idea .. not because of political reasons but because they hurt her pride.

I think we mostly agree!

But I don't see Cersei taking pride in the murder of children. She is vile, but not pure evil; and even someone like her was disgusted by and afraid of Qyburn, though that ultimately didn't stop her from giving him his victims. I do think Cersei would have bastards killed in their infancy for more personal reasons rather than just political ones, but only those who were recognized by Robert and close to home (either King's Landing or Casterly Rock).

48 minutes ago, EggBlue said:

ah ... only the mother? what happened to the child? from what I remembered one(or a twin) of Bob's bastards was from a Westerlander mother and it was so insulting that Cersei sold them to slavery... 

You remember correctly, for the most part!

This was Littlefinger's claim about the twins that I mentioned in a previous post:

[Littlefinger] gave Ned a sideways glance. "I've also heard whispers that Robert got a pair of twins on a serving wench at Casterly Rock, three years ago when he went west for Lord Tywin's tourney. Cersei had the babes killed, and sold the mother to a passing slaver. Too much an affront to Lannister pride, that close to home."

Eddard IX, A Game of Thrones

She supposedly had the babies killed and their mother sold into slavery.

But as I said, although I could believe it of Cersei, this wasn't confirmed even in Cersei's own PoV. As far as child murders go, only Barra's murder was. (And Melara counts as well, I suppose; though she isn't one of Robert's bastards unless he aged really well.)

24 minutes ago, TheLastWolf said:

Jon Dany, ugh please no

I, however, am very much looking forward to this. :P

15 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I don't think GRRM will fan service so, considering it was mostly wished by abominationists. JonSa, on the other hand, seems to be bound to happen. 

It will never happen. And this ridiculous ship is another baby of the abomination. Yeah, there were proponents before the show, but very few. And with the abomination it gained traction b/c there were so many people watching the show that hadn't read the books... since there's zero support for it in the text. 

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

It will never happen. And this ridiculous ship is another baby of the abomination. Yeah, there were proponents before the show, but very few. And with the abomination it gained traction b/c there were so many people watching the show that hadn't read the books... since there's zero support for it in the text. 

In the Abomination, Jon killed Dany to protect Sansa, so a lot of people concluded  he was just pretending to love Dany to get an army, while planning to murder her later on, to be with his true love.

Thousands of people consider such a plot line to be very romantic.

2 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Waymar being a stand in for Jon has long been "established" among the community.

Sansa having a crush on the Jon look alike Waymar has been revealed in... AFFC which was released half a decade before the show.

"Bronze Yohn knows me," she reminded him. "He was a guest at Winterfell when his son rode north to take the black." She had fallen wildly in love with Ser Waymar, she remembered dimly, but that was a lifetime ago, when she was a stupid little girl. "And that was not the only time. Lord Royce saw . . . he saw Sansa Stark again at King's Landing, during the Hand's tourney."

This is only one example of such things that may point towards such a result. Why such a reveal? I have seen you and several others giving a flat no but no explanation what so ever. Why is it there, what does it serve to add such a thing so late in the story other than a hint towards JonSa(of which there are many others)? Or perhaps GRRM is just subtly saying to the readers "I was a foolish men in the first draft to set up a love between Jon and Arya"? 

2 minutes ago, SeanF said:

In the Abomination, Jon killed Dany to protect Sansa, so a lot of people concluded  he was just pretending to love Dany to get an army, while planning to murder her later on, to be with his true love.

Thousands of people consider such a plot line to be very romantic.

:bang: :bang: :bang:

2 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Waymar being a stand in for Jon has long been "established" among the community.

Sansa having a crush on the Jon look alike Waymar has been revealed in... AFFC which was released half a decade before the show.

This is only one example of such things that may point towards such a result. Why such a reveal? I have seen you and several others giving a flat no but no explanation what so ever. Why is it there, what does it serve to add such a thing so late in the story other than a hint towards JonSa(of which there are many others)? Or perhaps GRRM is just subtly saying to the readers "I was a foolish men in the first draft to set up a love between Jon and Arya"? 

I don't think the Waymar quote supports this idea. I also don't see any hints in the text, none whatever, pointing to a romance between Jon and either of his sisters, therefore I don't really have much to say on the topic other than I don't see any hints - much the opposite in fact. 

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I would like to see JonSat - Jon and Satin.

OMFG!!!!!!! SATON!!!! IT'S RIGHT THERE IN THE TEXT, YOU WERE RIGHT!!!! JON IS THE ANTICHRIST!!!!!! :eek:

I would very much like to end the entire story without The Starks etal partaking in any incest even acceptable cousin incest.  Just some nice familial hugging and face kissing.   Further, I don't want to see Jamie and Brienne do any more disrobing for other than bathing.  Cersei and Asha on the other hand are actually fun to read romping because Cersei simply can't relax even when she's fantasizing in bed and Asha has a great time.  Let them have all the sex they want.  Dany, too.  She's got a healthy attitude toward sex and she should have all she wants.  #LetDarioOutNOW

Sansa.  Hrm.  Am I wrong to want to keep her innocent?  She's got to grow up eventually.  The mom in me just doesn't feel there is anyone worthy of her.   

Arya.  Hrm.  She's just too young.  No need to worry about this, right?  Right?  :o

4 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

I would very much like to end the entire story without The Starks etal partaking in any incest even acceptable cousin incest.  Just some nice familial hugging and face kissing.   Further, I don't want to see Jamie and Brienne do any more disrobing for other than bathing.  Cersei and Asha on the other hand are actually fun to read romping because Cersei simply can't relax even when she's fantasizing in bed and Asha has a great time.  Let them have all the sex they want.  Dany, too.  She's got a healthy attitude toward sex and she should have all she wants.  #LetDarioOutNOW

Sansa.  Hrm.  Am I wrong to want to keep her innocent?  She's got to grow up eventually.  The mom in me just doesn't feel there is anyone worthy of her.   

Arya.  Hrm.  She's just too young.  No need to worry about this, right?  Right?  :o

Maybe, Jon, Arya, and Sansa forming a polycule.

Archived