Knowing It's Coming and Not Liking It

Curled Finger

4 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don't think the Waymar quote supports this idea. I also don't see any hints in the text, none whatever, pointing to a romance between Jon and either of his sisters, therefore I don't really have much to say on the topic other than I don't see any hints - much the opposite in fact. 

You do know that in the original draft that exactly that was supposed to happen, right? A romance between Arya and Jon, forming a love triangle with the inclusion of Tyrion who probably wasn't waddling around after performing feats of acrobacy back then. And who did Tyrion end up marrying? Sansa.

The person Sansa imagines to have received a kiss from, Sandor Clegane, is also a Stark associated character. H

s coloring is that of a Stark, grey eyes and dark hair. "What of it?" you may say, but these are not the only colors he shares with Starks

Clustered around the doors of the sept, in front of the raised marble pulpit, were a knot of knights and high lords. Joffrey was prominent among them, his raiment all crimson, silk and satin patterned with prancing stags and roaring lions, a gold crown on his head. His queen mother stood beside him in a black mourning gown slashed with crimson, a veil of black diamonds in her hair. Arya recognized the Hound, wearing a snowy white cloak over his dark grey armor, with four of the Kingsguard around him. She saw Varys the eunuch gliding among the lords in soft slippers and a patterned damask robe, and she thought the short man with the silvery cape and pointed beard might be the one who had once fought a duel for Mother.

Dark grey armor and White Cloak. Kingsguard wear white armor (an exception is Jaime, wearing gold, like a golden lion), Hound is in Stark colors and again, it doesn't end there but he has chosen to associate himself with Starks over and over again, first defending one daughter numerous times and try to rescue her and then end up with the other, trying to take her to her family.

4 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

You do know that in the original draft that exactly that was supposed to happen, right? A romance between Arya and Jon, forming a love triangle with the inclusion of Tyrion who probably wasn't waddling around after performing feats of acrobacy back then. And who did Tyrion end up marrying? Sansa.

I am familiar w/ that outline. I’m also familiar w/ the quote where Martin says he was “making shit up”.

4 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

The person Sansa imagines to have received a kiss from, Sandor Clegane, is also a Stark associated character. H

s coloring is that of a Stark, grey eyes and dark hair. "What of it?" you may say, but these are not the only colors he shares with Starks

Dark grey armor and White Cloak. Kingsguard wear white armor (an exception is Jaime, wearing gold, like a golden lion), Hound is in Stark colors and again, it doesn't end there but he has chosen to associate himself with Starks over and over again, first defending one daughter numerous times and try to rescue her and then end up with the other, trying to take her to her family.

I don’t even know what any of this means. :dunno:

7 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I don’t even know what any of this means. :dunno:

Maybe something like this? :D

Frog-faced Lord Slynt sat at the end of the council table wearing a black velvet doublet and a shiny cloth-of-gold cape, nodding with approval every time the king pronounced a sentence. Sansa stared hard at his ugly face, remembering how he had thrown down her father for Ser Ilyn to behead, wishing she could hurt him, wishing that some hero would throw him down and cut off his head. But a voice inside her whispered, There are no heroes, and she remembered what Lord Petyr had said to her, here in this very hall. "Life is not a song, sweetling," he'd told her. "You may learn that one day to your sorrow." In life, the monsters win, she told herself, and now it was the Hound's voice she heard, a cold rasp, metal on stone. "Save yourself some pain, girl, and give him what he wants."

The smile that Lord Janos Slynt smiled then had all the sweetness of rancid butter. Until Jon said, "Edd, fetch me a block," and unsheathed Longclaw.

By the time a suitable chopping block was found, Lord Janos had retreated into the winch cage, but Iron Emmett went in after him and dragged him out. "No," Slynt cried, as Emmett half-shoved and halfpulled him across the yard. "Unhand me … you cannot … when Tywin Lannister hears of this, you will all rue—"

Emmett kicked his legs out from under him. Dolorous Edd planted a foot on his back to keep him on his knees as Emmett shoved the block beneath his head. "This will go easier if you stay still," Jon Snow promised him. "Move to avoid the cut, and you will still die, but your dying will be uglier. Stretch out your neck, my lord." The pale morning sunlight ran up and down his blade as Jon clasped the hilt of the bastard sword with both hands and raised it high. "If you have any last words, now is the time to speak them," he said, expecting one last curse.

Janos Slynt twisted his neck around to stare up at him. "Please, my lord. Mercy. I'll … I'll go, I will, I …"

No, thought Jon. You closed that door. Longclaw descended.

"Can I have his boots?" asked Owen the Oaf, as Janos Slynt's head went rolling across the muddy ground. "They're almost new, those boots. Lined with fur."

I wanna see Bri and Jamie getting down and dirty. Oh yeah!  
:smileysex:

Yanno what’s weird, I been reading the published books of ASOIAF not the outline.   Interesting relic, doesn’t mean much. 

22 minutes ago, LongRider said:

I wanna see Bri and Jamie getting down and dirty. Oh yeah!  
:smileysex:

Yanno what’s weird, I been reading the published books of ASOIAF not the outline.   Interesting relic, doesn’t mean much. 

Why?  What does it bring to either characters' development.   I am curious.  

To the old and new outlines and drafts, for I do find them very interesting, the gsteph stuff of late in particular...the characters I see most change in from AGOT to ASOS are Jorah and Jamie.  It's subtle, but there and clear to me that Martin began with an idea or direction for both that changed fairly early on.  Like Jorah grew in connecting with Jeor, maybe that wasn't an original idea?  Jamie rather speaks for himself.   Some of the changes Martin has made because he wrote himself into places in other story lines with choices he made across the continent are utterly fascinating.   This is not an easy process he's chosen, for writing an epic tale.  But it sure is bitchen to read what he ultimately determines is the direction to go.  The drafts don't really give anything away but it is possible to see the ramification or some of them for a potential event had it occurred.  It is a sort of madness this man endures.  Really.   

6 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

JonSa, on the other hand, seems to be bound to happen. 

frying pan to the fire uh?

:bowdown: please let him mourn Ygritte for eternity, he doesnt deserve to get his heart broken again. That is if he still has one.

12 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Why?  What does it bring to either characters' development.   I am curious.  

Jamie being able to trust and respect a woman he has grown to love “I dreamed of you.”  and Brienne finally getting past that all men will reject her.  Both have grown and changed on their journey together, time to move it things forward a bit.     

Archived