Succession final season (spoilers)

Mark Antony

Omg I did not see that coming.

In retrospect it was brilliant to do it midseason instead of a retreaded finale of moving on from the penultimate character in a finale in one of those staid "seen before" send offs.

This lets us experience so much more of the upheaval and aftermath that a show called "Succession" deserves.

This was a very unique episode from a Hall-of-Fame-Best-of-All-Time-Show, for obvious reasons, but also for the upsetting and unsettling mood of the final 50 minutes. Written, shot and acted to just about sublime perfection. I know ive been raving about how good Succession is since season 1 but i keep getting surprised by just how good the people making this are at their jobs. 

I've not been the biggest fan of this show, like many others here. Truth be told, I often have it on in the background, while doing work. That being said, WOW, JUST WOW. That was one of the best hours of tv I've seen in my life. I did not see that coming.

3 hours ago, Relic said:

Wow....just wow.

Reveal hidden contents

I wish a Vulture tweet hadnt spoiled this episode for me tho. What the hell.

Spoiler

That actually pisses me off for you. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to watch something unspoiled. I was in near as much shock as the kids. Took me seeing Logan’s body to finally admit it’s not a prank  

Edited by Mark Antony

I have no idea how this will resolve or how I want it to resolve. 

Everyone within the family is both unserious and awful.  None of the Roy children can I see being capable of running the company and even Tom, who is probably more capable, is a better ass kisser than an executive. 

Roman is right now my favorite Roy, but I just can't see him as a CEO.  

29 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I have no idea how this will resolve or how I want it to resolve. 

Everyone within the family is both unserious and awful.  None of the Roy children can I see being capable of running the company and even Tom, who is probably more capable, is a better ass kisser than an executive. 

Roman is right now my favorite Roy, but I just can't see him as a CEO.  

Just rooting for Gerri tbh

33 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Just rooting for Gerri tbh

Gerri or Frank definitely have the abilty.  I'm trying to think about how this would realistically play out in the real world.  I know the Roys are a proxy for Murdoch, but since he's still alive we don't know what kind of insane nonsense he will put in play when he finally does die, so no good blue print for where the show will go or whether even in reality a company would choose the capable bureaucrats or the glamorous name recognition family.  Probably try a hybrid somehow.  That was a ramble...

4 hours ago, Mark Antony said:
  Hide contents

That actually pisses me off for you. I don’t think I’ve ever been happier to watch something unspoiled. I was in near as much shock as the kids. Took me seeing Logan’s body to finally admit it’s not a prank  

Spoiler

yeah its veeeeeery annoying. Even with a spoiler i was a bit unsure, but i would have liked to watch it the way you did. 

Fuck. 

Spoiler

Honestly the most realistic depiction of death I can recall seeing on TV or film. Just a complete gut punch. My wife was in tears cos her Dad passed six months ago, I’m trying to comfort her but also trying to hold it together as it reminds me so much of a friends death way back when. The way it completely intrudes on normal life, and you find yourself making bizarre statements - is this a joke? No, of course it’s not a joke. Really though? Are they sure? Could it be a mix up? The way the precise moment gets horribly drawn out, is he dead? They think maybe. It looks bad. Your feelings lurching all over the place. Strange bursts of comedy only minutes after, reliving it and analysing your reaction.

I think that could only have worked 10 minutes into episode 3 for the full effect of abruptness, masterfully done. Not remotely what I sat down for, but just incredible throughout. 

With everything else, I forgot about Connor and the cake That was great. I would absolutely watch a prequel movie about their childhood. The little bits we hear about are so messed up. 

Edited by RumHam