Could the UK survive an Invasion by the Others?

Craving Peaches

So imagine tomorrow the Others land in Dunnet Head (northernmost point in mainland UK) and start marching slowly southward as they do in the books. Because Brexit Means Brexit™ no one is going to aid us and indeed the Others are not going to invade anyone else, they cannot use boats, planes etc. or travel across the seas and so on, the Channel Tunnel has been blown up so no one is getting off the island. Can the people of Britain survive?

1 hour ago, Craving Peaches said:

So imagine tomorrow the Others land in Dunnet Head (northernmost point in mainland UK). Because Brexit Means Brexit™ no one is going to aid us and indeed the Others are not going to invade anyone else, they cannot use boats, planes etc. or travel across the seas and so on, the Channel Tunnel has been blown up so no one is getting off the island. Can the people of Britain survive?

Actually, there's a stunningly good Harry Potter fanfic called "There Will be Love".  It's written by someone who occasionally posts here as "Tomyris".  

It's based upon Voldemort winning the Battle of Hogwarts, before taking control of Britain and Ireland. Like the Others, Voldemort is a necromancer.  There's a fantastic scene where he raises the Dead across London, with a detailed account of them rising up out of Kensal Green Cemetery. 

I imagine that's the strategy the Others would adopt, rather than direct military confrontation.  You would not know if your loved ones were thralls of the Others, until you saw their blazing blue eyes.

53 minutes ago, SeanF said:

I imagine that's the strategy the Others would adopt, rather than direct military confrontation.  You would not know if your loved ones were thralls of the Others, until you saw their blazing blue eyes.

Realistically yes, but in the books they are slowly marching towards the South.

1 hour ago, sifth said:

The UK of today? I mean we have so many ways to use fire. Heck we could just drop bombs on them.

Trying to minimise civilian casualties and environmental damage though. And that's assuming people in parliament agree on a strategy. I can see them disagreeing just for the sake of it.

10 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

What effect do you think the invasion of the Others could have on the Scottish independence movement?

Since the Others will head south (?) - but not in rubber dinghies- all that’s needed is to take advantage of the general distraction and raise that wall some 685ft. :dunno:

12 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Since the Others will head south (?) - but not in rubber dinghies- all that’s needed is to take advantage of the general distraction and raise that wall some 685ft.

We can all hide in Fife, I suspect the Others will avoid that area, then take back Berwick before leaving the English to their Fate! :devil::fencing::rofl:

Archived