Naath butterfly effect.

astarkchoice

11 hours ago, Nevets said:

You do realize that Westeros isn't real, I hope ;)?  Trying to do counterfactuals in the real world is hard enough.  But an imaginary place?  Where the writer can do as he pleases, subject to plausibility and planned character development.  Ugh!  And some of the changes are hardly minor.  Killing Catelyn leaves a big hole, and becomes entirely unpredictable immediately.

If Arya has Needle, why?  Live practice sounds dangerous, but I suppose it might work.  What does Syrio have?  If Syrio somehow gets Needle, Arya would need a way to get it back.  For her story to work, she has to be on her own.

I'm guessing Syrio might have his own weapon.  As long as Arya escapes with Needle, the rest doesn't matter.  Syrio has essentially fulfilled his usefulness.  He was a mentor and savior.  Not much necessarily changes.  For the record, I do not believe he is a FM or even survived.  We won't see him again.

Tyrion - Tyrion cannot die.  He's too important to the story.  With his death you do a complete rewrite.  If Bronn loses (not certain  by any means) that would set up a huge conflict between Catelyn and Lysa, with Brynden joining Cat.  Could get ugly.

Tyrion would not meet and arm the clansmen.  He also might not join Tywin.  I do think he would end up at KL eventually.  In all honesty, the logical thing is for Bronn to win and the story to go on the same.

Dany - The whole thing with Drogo is essentially a scam, so I doubt it is essential to their plans.  I'm sure they would have a backup.  As for Viserys and Dany, probably more wandering.  

Catelyn dying I won't even try.

Its not real? But i saw it on the tv !

The nice man on the phone said i was donating my money to support lord manderlys northern resistance!!

Plus  the idea was lil changes ( ie assasin being a fraction faster, drogo just not feeling that attractes to dany, lysas crazy random mind picking another champ for x reason)  leading to bigger alterations and  how people think theyd affect our fav lil fantasy verse!

4 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

It is even more odd that during the ever so slow invasion of Andals which took hundreds perhaps over a thousand year to be completed, this wasn't seen as a liberation of the english  First Man necks from the yoke of their Norman Andal opressors

Hang on a minute. I thought the First Men were the Britons, the Andals were the Anglo-Saxons and the Targaryens were the Normans?

11 hours ago, Nevets said:

I'm guessing Syrio might have his own weapon.  As long as Arya escapes with Needle, the rest doesn't matter.  Syrio has essentially fulfilled his usefulness.  He was a mentor and savior.  Not much necessarily changes.  For the record, I do not believe he is a FM or even survived.  We won't see him again.

So no Duncan Idaho Syrio Forel gholas ending up the saviour of the known universe in several tens of thousands of years later?

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

So no Duncan Idaho Syrio Forel gholas ending up the saviour of the known universe in several tens of thousands of years later?

No, and thank the Old Gods and New for that!     (he does mirror Duncan Idaho somewhat tho, never made that connection)

On 2/25/2023 at 11:19 AM, astarkchoice said:

Ok some of the forums fav game seems to be  what ifs...small changes that affect story in big ways , how do you think these indiclviidual would  go?

-arya brings needle to her last practice...her dancing master picks it up when ser trant arrives

Syrio would still lose.  He will take one or two down with him but the outcome is the same.

-lysa arryn hears a differrent voice in her head ...picks bronze royce ir lyn corbray (with lady forlorn)  for the duel with bronn

The bad little man will try to fly.  Unsuccessfully,

-assasin moves a little.faster and cats neck not her hands are opened by the v.steel.knife

The terrible War of the five kings will be avoided.

-drogo rejects dany at pentos...varys and ilyrios next move?

Daenerys will come into her own and her dragons will be born.  May not be three because three kings are needed to bring back three dragons.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai and the prophecies will be fulfilled. 

26 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Naathi Butterflies

I am suspicious of these creatures.  I suspect they carry a deadly disease and the gentle people of Naath are somehow immune. 

The people of naath with rise up as an imperial bioweapon superpower

Ships landing in quarth ,mereen ,bravos, Kl ,oldtiwn and volantis with hidden compartments filled with the lil fluttery death dealers!  Naath will rise!

31 minutes ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Syrio would still lose.  He will take one or two down with him but the outcome is the same.

The bad little man will try to fly.  Unsuccessfully,

The terrible War of the five kings will be avoided.

Daenerys will come into her own and her dragons will be born.  May not be three because three kings are needed to bring back three dragons.  Daenerys is Azor Ahai and the prophecies will be fulfilled. 

Dunno feel if syrio could fuck up some guards with a heavy  wooden training sword then the likes of trant should be killable...eye slit meets needle at high speed!

Yeah itd be next to impossible to keep the vale out of the war then

Varys and LF  still want wars , stannis knows cerseis secret and poor old ned will work it out   so id suspect a war would still be brewed up somehow. 

Dunno man is shes not near a magi or anything i cant see it happening,without a khalassar smokescreen for faegon  theyd have to use the 2 some other way , possible marriage alliances etc

10 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Naathi Butterflies

I am suspicious of these creatures.  I suspect they carry a deadly disease and the gentle people of Naath are somehow immune. 

This is actually confirmed in The World of Ice &Fire. :P

Naathi butterflies are theorized to carry and transmit the disease of butterfly fever, which has killed everyone from Ghiscari and Valyrian invaders to Rhonyish guests to slavers, but to which native Naathi are immune. (Slavers attack at night and only stay for a few hours, to minimize the risk of the disease.)

Archived