US Politics: They're Gunnin' 4 Us

Zorral

51 minutes ago, DireWolfSpirit said:

He should be anchor dragged back to Australia and buried  under a reef.

Not cruel enough considering what he's done to humanity. For starters he needs to spend a week in a Fear Factor style tank of bugs with only one bottle of water to drink. And that would be phase one of his 100 step punishment. Even that might be going too light on him for what he's done. It's not an exaggeration to say over the last several decades this fuckwad is partially responsible for the deaths of literally millions of people. 

Worried that women will be prosecuted for using abortion pills? It’s already happening

In fact it's happening to women whose pregnancy was terminated for whatever or however, in states where when the pregnancy terminated it was BEFORE Roe was canceled, before the new laws were passed, but are arrested now.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2023/mar/04/abortion-pills-women-prosecution-week-in-patriarchy

.... South Carolina woman arrested for taking abortion pills
In October 2021 a 33-year-old woman in Greenville, South Carolina, went to the hospital with labor pains. According to a police incident report, the woman told healthcare workers that she’d taken abortion pills to end her pregnancy; her fetus was estimated to be stillborn at 25 weeks. This week she was arrested and charged with performing or soliciting an abortion. Abortion is currently legal in South Carolina until 20 weeks of pregnancy but it is one of just a handful of states with a law explicitly criminalizing self-managed abortions.

This story, which was first reported by the State, a South Carolina paper, is still developing and not all the details are clear. It’s not clear, for example, when exactly the woman took the abortion pills. It’s not clear why authorities waited so long to charge the woman. And it’s not clear who reported the woman to the police. However, it seems likely that it was the medical workers she trusted with her care. What is clear is that this will not be the last instance of a woman being arrested for a self-managed abortion in the US. Also depressingly clear? The fact that stories like this will prevent women from seeking medical care for fear that they might be handed in to the police. Which means more women unnecessarily putting their health in danger. ....

9 minutes ago, Zorral said:

Worried that women will be prosecuted for using abortion pills? It’s already happening

Well, that's because women can't understand fancy men thoughts and stuff, like this:

$20 says he's fantasized about all male orgies.  

Shudders that not only are there jerkwaddies like this in the world, and there are multitudes of them -- and They run things!  How in the world did this become possible.

Barack Obama is a great American. A fucking hero. I could not admire him more if he were literally The Christ. 

I fell in love with this dude the second I saw him on TV. After a football game, I think. 

He's also a murder 

And he has the blood and limbs of every single Guardsman and Woman, reservist, journalist, or whatever-the-fuck that he ALLOWED to go into Afghanistan or Iraq under his command 

I call him Barry O-Bombs 

Y'know. In private. 

(What's that thing about the truthsayer?) 

Also, who's the most important character in the room at the end? 

Y'know? If you actually know how to read? 

On 3/4/2023 at 1:07 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Under “Citizens United” the US Supreme Court held that a Corporation using money to support a particular candidate is a flow through of its shareholder’s free speech rights and as such then existing limits on such corporate spending violated the shareholders rights to free speech.  

I heard about efforts to ban what is called “ESG Investing” or considering broader implications than mere profit in investing.  If using money to support political candidates is speech why wouldn’t using your money to invest… ethically… also not be free speech?  As such how could any Government ban “ESG Investing” without restricting free Speech?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonytellez/2023/02/28/what-is-esg-investing-and-why-republicans-are-trying-to-ban-it-from-retirement-funds/amp/

Here's another question, if campaigning is the shareholder's speech rather than corporate activities, then why is it allowed to be paid out of pre-tax profits? 

4 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

I'm allowed to have a complicated opinion about a complicated historical figure

I'm a complicated person

Um, did you mean to quote me there? 

Edit: Oh, got it. I did the confused emoji to your post. Yes, I thought your comment was a bit odd. All over the shop, not responding to the thread discussion. Very rambling. You admire and love him while thinking he's a murderer. 

To be honest, I did think about asking RU OK? Because the post was a bit concerning. 

1 hour ago, ants said:

Um, did you mean to quote me there? 

Edit: Oh, got it. I did the confused emoji to your post. Yes, I thought your comment was a bit odd. All over the shop, not responding to the thread discussion. Very rambling. You admire and love him while thinking he's a murderer. 

To be honest, I did think about asking RU OK? Because the post was a bit concerning. 

Gimme a fucking break 

https://www.cfr.org/blog/obamas-final-drone-strike-data

MURDERER 

But also I once saw him on stage as, like Donald Trump was coming to power. 

And this poor little boy/girl

WHATEVER

kid was all like "Mistah Bertrum, ser? My white knight... I didn't actually understand that "Life is not a song, sweet Sansa..."" 

And with a microphone in his/their 

Hand 

This person.

With Barack Obama a captive audience along with cameras and witnesses 

Said 

"We, The Genderless... We have Nooooooo Riiiiiiiights" And almost started fucking weeping. LIKE A CHILD

And to his credit, that cold hearted money-makin Great Man Theory Embodiment of Trends and Forces of a fucking badass Mr. President Barack "Barry O-BOMBS" Obama put on a serious-ish face and pretended that this kid didn't just waste Prometheus' hour with Fathers' secrets. 

Fuck that kid 

Archived