US Politics: They're Gunnin' 4 Us

Zorral

When Silicon Valley Libertarians Realized They Needed the Government, and Vice Versa
Despite talk of a breakup, the collapse of tech’s favorite bank has brought them even closer together.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2023/03/18/d-c-silicon-valley-00087611

Libertarian tech investors who had been busy waxing about Washington’s inevitable obsolescence like it was last year’s iPhone suddenly began shouting at Washington to save Silicon Valley.

“Where is Powell? Where is Yellen? Stop this crisis NOW,” investor David Sacks, who led the VC class response on Twitter, demanded last Friday afternoon.

52 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Congratulations to Minnesota for guaranteeing all students breakfast and lunch without means testing their parents first.  Any state where "school lunch debt" exists should be deeply embarrassed.

Come for the breakfast French toast strips, stay for the popcorn chicken! We can all agree though school lunch pizza is terrible.

I'm curious to see how the legalization of weed goes here. Can't wait to learn how to grow!!!

53 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Seen on a locked (unable to be linked) Twitter account, alongside the announcement:

"All of the middle aged realtors who just got out of jail going back in"

I wouldn't be so glib. Expect the gun nuts to be frothing. 

I’ve seen numerous commentators talk about the fact arresting Trump will guarantee both his nomination and his election. The anger will stir up his supporters to a fierce boil.

I was also shocked to see stories about his growing support among non-white voters. Apparently he’s so far ahead of his rivals because he’s so far ahead in that category. What the hell do black voters see in Donald Trump????

4 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I’ve seen numerous commentators talk about the fact arresting Trump will guarantee both his nomination and his election. The anger will stir up his supporters to a fierce boil.

I was also shocked to see stories about his growing support among non-white voters. Apparently he’s so far ahead of his rivals because he’s so far ahead in that category. What the hell do black voters see in Donald Trump????

Trump's supporters have always been riled up.  They're always at a fierce boil.  

I can see an argument that getting charged could help trump win the primary.  I really can't see how it could help him in the general.  Now, 2016 showed that if you win the nom, no matter how terrible a candidate you are, it's possible you win the election.  But getting arrested does not help you with swing voters, only with the diehards. And while there aren't a ton of swing voters, there are still some and they do matter.  2022 was a great example of this, since dems lost on turnout, but won on persuasion.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I ain't got all the right school'n 'n such'n to be claiming to be an expert on race, but I do live here. I've been around. I talk to people who don't look like me. 

And the thing that shocks me most about Whitey (Safe, Safe, and Secure Whitey), in this country and apparently in yours as well Madam Bird...

It's like you people think that being from a minority group precludes one from hitting that all-important revolutionary initiation moment. It's a very special moment called: FUCK IT 

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

"They" don't think that Donald and R's LIKE THEM

"They" just fucking hate you people

And frankly, they should. 

:cheers:

2 hours ago, Larry of the Lake said:

Trump's supporters have always been riled up.  They're always at a fierce boil.  

:rofl::lmao:

You think you've seen boiling? Oh my sweet summer child. :blushing:

Don't know if people back in the US are noticing much this among all the snark and terror of the latest "possible indictment" and the terror of the perhaps deliberately caused Thiessen SVB ever widening ripples of financial sector catastrophe* -- all sectors of which say it's not our fault, only public panic -- which They have said about every financial catastrophe ever -- We don't have anything to do with it:

A Four-Decade Secret: One Man’s Story of Sabotaging Carter’s Re-election
A prominent Texas politician said he unwittingly took part in a 1980 tour of the Middle East with a clandestine agenda

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/03/18/us/politics/jimmy-carter-october-surprise-iran-hostages.html

* Also how so many of the people one knows personally or are adjacent to, who provide us contantly Their superior knowledge and financial know how, are always the ones utterly shocked at what happens, and as it has turned out in our own small circles, they are the ones who are suddenly broke.  These are the people who are managing our own and our nation's money, and telling us what to do.  We should think about these matters, yes?

I cant wait too troll the man-babies at work that will genuinely be so sad over thier Fuhrer having to face the music.

It will be a great day for America, a day that ironically, Makes America Great Again.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit