US Politics: They're Gunnin' 4 Us

Zorral

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Who could have ever predicted this? Oh, wait, everyone:

To quote an associate of mine’s reaction to this—the feigned protest is hard to keep up.

People will still act obtuse until and possibly after Desantis bans “instruction” of sexual orientation and gender identity in state college.

39 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

To quote an associate of mine’s reaction to this—the feigned protest is hard to keep up.

People will still act obtuse until and possibly after Desantis bans “instruction” of sexual orientation and gender identity in state college.

Thank you for that link.  The point is well made, well considered, and ultimately apolitical.  All laws will have unanticipated blow back.  Because people get creative when new laws are enacted.

7 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I haven't kept up with US plotics. I gather he's still not indicted?

Not at the moment, but at this point I'd give it a better than 50% chance of an indictment coming down in the next few weeks.  Whether they can get a conviction...that's a lot more up in the air. 

I just saw a report on CNN saying there’s a closed court hearing about to start where Corcoran, Trump’s lawyer, is going to try to block Pence’s testimony to the grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 insurrection, on the basis of Trump/Pence discussions being protected privileged conversation.

35 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

This is… interesting:

Well, if the "of" in the above is not a typographical error for "or", it would seem likely to me that if he's only been asked to turn in the handwritten notes that the personal audio recordings no longer exist.

21 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Well, if the "of" in the above is not a typographical error for "or", it would seem likely to me that if he's only been asked to turn in the handwritten notes that the personal audio recordings no longer exist.

Ain't that just fantastical? 

"I had tapes! I had them. And I copied these handwritten notes directly from them!" 

Truly, fantastical

As in: I don't believe it for a fucking second. You either have tapes or you have nothing... CNN and MSNBC's six-foot erections notwithstanding 

2 hours ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

Ain't that just fantastical? 

"I had tapes! I had them. And I copied these handwritten notes directly from them!" 

Truly, fantastical

As in: I don't believe it for a fucking second. You either have tapes or you have nothing... CNN and MSNBC's six-foot erections notwithstanding 

The Krassenstein brothers were banned from Twitter back in 2016 or 2017, they were constantly posting about how Trump was about to be impeached and indicted and exorcised every couple of days, anytime Mueller farted near a microphone or was caught on camera.  I'd take anything they report with a grain of salt.  

3 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

The Krassenstein brothers were banned from Twitter back in 2016 or 2017, they were constantly posting about how Trump was about to be impeached and indicted and exorcised every couple of days, anytime Mueller farted near a microphone or was caught on camera.  I'd take anything they report with a grain of salt.  

Thank you.  I did not know that.

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Thank you.  I did not know that.

If you subscribe to their blog or substack or whatever you'll get all the minute by minute coverage of Trump's imminent arrest in slow motion since it started 7 years ago for only $2.99 a month, that's less than the cost of a cup of coffee.  And the updates will be "BREAKING!".  They're not quite qanon for liberals, but they're pretty damn close.