US Politics: They're Gunnin' 4 Us

Zorral

5 minutes ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

No, they said that it won't end up mattering.

No, as you can see the many media stars said it wasn't going to happen in April, which is what I posted.

Reading what is there is important, people!

1 minute ago, Fez said:

this is pretty weak sauce and hope that the Georgia and potentially federal indictments come soon.

All the Media Stars who know everything say they and everyone else says this is the opening of the gusher.

But. you know, they have BEEN WRONG SO MANY TIMES ALREADY.

4 minutes ago, Fez said:

I'm all for Trump getting charged for all the crimes he's committed. But I feel like this is pretty weak sauce and hope that the Georgia and potentially federal indictments come soon.

I also hope that.  But this is the system.  The grand jury decided the evidence was there to charge him, and I'm not going to second-guess them.

16 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Perhaps this prediction wasn't so laughable after all, eh @Mindwalker@Secretary of Eumenes?

:)

My laugh wasn't mocking your prediction... more about his doubtful conviction... which, I share your doubts, so... more of a helpless laugh, if you will!

Anyways, still...

:cheers::cheers: to all! Fireworks!

Edited by Mindwalker

13 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Perhaps this prediction wasn't so laughable after all, eh @Mindwalker@Secretary of Eumenes?

:)

I never cared whether or not he's indicted for his whore payments

I want him to hang from the neck until he's dead for the murder of Brian Sicknick, Ashli Babbitt, Kevin Greeson, Rosanne Boyland, and Benjamin Philips - All of whom were victims of his malicious and explicit campaign to end American democracy 

Enjoy your twitter trial 

2 minutes ago, Secretary of Eumenes said:

I never cared whether or not he's indicted for his whore payments

I want him to hang from the neck until he's dead for the murder of Brian Sicknick, Ashli Babbitt, Kevin Greeson, Rosanne Boyland, and Benjamin Philips - All of whom were victims of his malicious and explicit campaign to end American democracy 

Enjoy your twitter trial 

You can't be found guilty without being charged first.  This is only one step along the path toward seeing Trump in prison. 

It is still probably not likely that he'll see meaningful prison time even now, but it is at least a real possibility, and more possible today than yesterday. 

22 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The results of this indictment don’t really matter unless there are other crimes. Hopefully what it will do is make the other cases he’s facing become more likely to go to trial.

Hopefully.  But a lot of that may or may not hinge in the reaction to this, no? 

It shouldn't slow down Georgia or the Federal cases, but it may give pause...though I say speed them up. 

Opening Day with a Judge home run AND a Trump indictment?  Pretty awesome day!

51 minutes ago, Fez said:

This is pretty much the exact thing John Edwards was charged with, and he was found not guilty on one count and had a hung jury on the other charges (and the case wasn't re-tried). If Trump is found not guilty of something that'll have enormous blowback I fear.

I am so fucking tired about the fear of "blowback."  Will he be convicted in this case?  No, probably not -- at least not for anything beyond copping a plea to a misdemeanor.  It looks like a tenuous legal argument, actually.  But does that mean he shouldn't be charged when his fixer went to prison for doing his bidding?  If that's the case, what the fuck are we even doing here?

Yes, John Edwards was found not guilty.  BY THE WAY, his political career was completely and utterly destroyed.  Getting indicted is NOT good for a politician running for office.  Full stop.  And yes, that includes Trump.  The Mueller investigation was plainly damaging to him politically - not to mention crippled his ability to govern - even though he was able to claim at the end he was "exonerated."  As was both of his impeachments, even if the Senate "exonerated" him. 

I understand it may frustrate leftists/Trump haters that it's incredibly unlikely this will result in Trump facing any real consequences - again - but to suggest this will help him "politically" due to "blowback" is simply not paying attention to what's been going on the last seven years.  Rather, it's another reminder - and consistent reminder that's not going to go away any time soon - for the 55 to 60 percent of the electorate that was tired of his first presidency and doesn't what a second one for why that's the case.

Much more importantly, there's the fundamental fact that not prosecuting fascists because you're worried about "blowback" due to their their threats of violence before they're even indicted is entirely undemocratic in its own right.

34 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Hopefully.  But a lot of that may or may not hinge in the reaction to this, no? 

It shouldn't slow down Georgia or the Federal cases, but it may give pause...though I say speed them up. 

I don't think it will. Idk what the timeline for this indictment is, but I'd be more worried about them waiting too long to charge him, he gets off and then they get cold feet. 

1 hour ago, A Horse Named Stranger said:

I am waiting for Georgia and Fani Willis to come through.

C'mon Fani, don't let that useless lump Bragg beat you to a conviction.

Kemp is a desantis supporter and that’s why the Georgian Republican Party is having a republican prosecuter go after him.

Spread the word.

2 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Honestly I think he and most of the Republican establishment are elated—because they’re intelligent to know the chances of them taking back the presidency with trump is marketabily lower.

Idk, he must fear to be indicted in Georgia himself. Also, he's publicly a great T supporter; I expect some unhinged, slightly dishevelled/ drunk performances, including tears and threats. And I'm here for it.

Edited by Mindwalker

43 minutes ago, DMC said:

Opening Day with a Judge home run AND a Trump indictment?  Pretty awesome day!

I am so fucking tired about the fear of "blowback."  Will he be convicted in this case?  No, probably not -- at least not for anything beyond copping a plea to a misdemeanor.  It looks like a tenuous legal argument, actually.  But does that mean he shouldn't be charged when his fixer went to prison for doing his bidding?  If that's the case, what the fuck are we even doing here?

Yes, John Edwards was found not guilty.  BY THE WAY, his political career was completely and utterly destroyed.  Getting indicted is NOT good for a politician running for office.  Full stop.  And yes, that includes Trump.  The Mueller investigation was plainly damaging to him politically - not to mention crippled his ability to govern - even though he was able to claim at the end he was "exonerated."  As was both of his impeachments, even if the Senate "exonerated" him. 

I understand it may frustrate leftists/Trump haters that it's incredibly unlikely this will result in Trump facing any real consequences - again - but to suggest this will help him "politically" due to "blowback" is simply not paying attention to what's been going on the last seven years.  Rather, it's another reminder - and consistent reminder that's not going to go away any time soon - for the 55 to 60 percent of the electorate that was tired of his first presidency and doesn't what a second one for why that's the case.

Much more importantly, there's the fundamental fact that not prosecuting fascists because you're worried about "blowback" due to their their threats of violence before they're even indicted is entirely undemocratic in its own right.

John Edwards career was dead long before he was indicted. So that's a strawman. And Cohen shouldn't have gone to prison for it either, that basically was weaponization of the justice system by Trump. 

I think you're extremely wrong about Mueller. I think Republicans rallying around him due to it was the only thing keeping him afloat when he was losing support over the ACA repeal fiasco. And I think this will help in in the Republican primary now. And if Trump's the nominee, sure I think he's weaker than most other Republicans, but any nominee has a shot.

Also, I am entirely onboard with prosecuting fascists for being fascists. It's weird, hard-to-explain campaign violations that I'm less interested in.