US Politics: They're Gunnin' 4 Us

Zorral

See this has been mentioned a lot, but Disney > DeSantis' "team" is old hat.  DeSantis never expected his "board" to do anything.  It was always a messaging bill.  And now he gets to yell at Disney more for what he actually wants but can't say out loud. 

Politics has often been compared to pro-wrestling, but this is getting more close to it than any example I can think of.  This whole shit is a work.  That politically clearly seems to help both DeSantis AND Disney as long as they pretend they're at odds.  Who materially benefits?  Well, I don't know, but as someone who is friends with many that actually work at Disney, it ain't anybody making less than $100k a year.

Gotta organize our Pee-test on this evil person's plan to come to our ratty fair city on Tuesday to protest what is happening then with one of the most evil people in the world. 

NYers say: PEE ON MARGEREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/03/31/trump-indictment-new-york-news-updates/#link-P7MHATP2KZFHRD47MPUSUPBGVY

So, has Trump actually been indicted?  Or is it just we've gotten reports from a bunch of sources that he will be indicted?  I know he hasn't been charged yet, are we going to have to wait until that Tuesday hearing to know what the charges are?  It seems like the kind of thing you would find out when you're indicted (rather than just having to guess). 

3 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

So the tentative planned surrender is on Tuesday. So Trump may have gotten the day right, just not the week. He probably uses a crystal ball for all his predictions. 

52 minutes ago, Mindwalker said:

I've always been fascinated by the fact that white collar criminals/ rich people in the US get to decide how and when they turn themselves in.

$5 says he picked Tuesday so he could say he was half right.

24 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

So, has Trump actually been indicted?  Or is it just we've gotten reports from a bunch of sources that he will be indicted?  I know he hasn't been charged yet, are we going to have to wait until that Tuesday hearing to know what the charges are?  It seems like the kind of thing you would find out when you're indicted (rather than just having to guess). 

C'mon, he's been indicted.  He just hasn't been arraigned yet.  Like, there's basic graphs for this shit.  Rich people get indicted then get their lawyers to agree upon a proper time to be arrested and arraigned.  I know Chappelle is controversial now, but his skit on this was pretty great:

28 minutes ago, Larry of the Lake said:

This "blowback" issue has an obvious solution.  We should just execute each president as they leave office and none of this would be relevant.  Probably saves a bunch of money too!

But then we get the Tattered Prince who 30 years later causes a whole bunch of trouble...maybe.  Still waiting on that.

Archived