What if Littlefinger won his Duel with Brandon?

Craving Peaches

I know there was basically no chance of him winning, but just for the sake of argument, lets say that he manages to get a really lucky hit or that Brandon suffers a stroke or something. What would happen if:

i) Littlefinger won the duel with Brandon still alive, or

ii) Littlefinger won the duel with Brandon dead?

Would Littlefinger still develop into his manipulative, scheming self?

4 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

I know there was basically no chance of him winning, but just for the sake of argument, lets say that he manages to get a really lucky hit or that Brandon suffers a stroke or something. What would happen if:

Probably. I doubt Cat would be happy with him at all. She’d have begged her father to not let her marry him, and I see no reason why Hoster would honor the terms of the duel with his prized daughter. 

Very little changes. Ned still married Cat, Benjen probably still goes to the Wall. The seeds were ripe for rebellion, so I don't necessarily think Brandon storming the Capitol was needed for the rebellion. The only possible significant difference would be how soon it took for Rickard Stark to show up demanding his daughter back.

While I don't see a big change for Cat, I do see a better end for frickin Little Finger.  Having thwarted or delayed Hoster's grand design I can see the Lord of Riverrun just choking the little bastard with his own 2 hands.  Frankly, I am surprised the original farce was allowed to proceed at all.

It changes very little to the rebellion, Cat would still be bethrothed to Brandon, or the match would have been moved to Ned earlier if Brandon died, and Hoster would still have kicked Petyr out for picking a fight against a great lord heir. 

Brandon dying means Petyr being imprisoned and perhaps even executed to appease the Starks. 

One thing that changes in both cases is that Lysa raping Petyr while he's recovering and full of milk of the poppy doesn't happen, and the drama with Hoster making her abort doesn't happen.

17 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Hoster will not allow Petyr to marry any of his daughters.  I like Petyr.  He's not a coward.  I wish he had taken Brandon's head off. 

1 hour ago, Quoth the raven, said:

Hoster will not allow Petyr to marry any of his daughters.  I like Petyr.  He's not a coward.  I wish he had taken Brandon's head off. 

Course you do. After all, you're a card-carrying member of the "Ramsay is Awesome Fan Club", the "Slynt the Just Fan Club", and the "Walder Frey the Honourable Fan Club".

Archived