[Spoilers] Rings of Power 4: The Battle for Middle-Earth begins

Ser Drewy

Hands up everyone who absolutely fucking hates this show, yet, despite this, will watch every minute of Season 2 only so they can come here to bitch and whine about how terrible it all is and how miserable the sacrilege that is This Fucking Show is making their day-to-day lives.

Edited by Spockydog

1 hour ago, Spockydog said:

Hands up everyone who absolutely fucking hates this show, yet, despite this, will watch every minute of Season 2 only so they can come here to bitch and whine about how terrible it all is and how miserable the sacrilege that is This Fucking Show is making their day-to-day lives

This should not be unexpected for a forum that had dozens of "Rant and Rave" threads dedicated to a tv show adaptation already.

8 hours ago, Farerb said:

Does the new cast make you hopeful for next season?

No. Apart from a complete reboot, I can see no way to salvage the show. The Sauron in Eregion storyline has been concluded in 30 minutes and Numenor's religious crisis has been boiled down to "Dey took 'er jerbs!". There is no coming back from this. The best the show could offer now is mindless spectacle.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Hands up everyone who absolutely fucking hates this show, yet, despite this, will watch every minute of Season 2 only so they can come here to bitch and whine about how terrible it all is and how miserable the sacrilege that is This Fucking Show is making their day-to-day lives.

Didn't hate it, but was disappointed. And I like a good rant. It brings me joy, not misery. :D

Edited by Corvinus85

15 hours ago, Farerb said:

Does the new cast make you hopeful for next season?

Ciaran Hinds elevates everything he is in, but given the cast is pretty huge as it is, I can't imagine he'll have tons of screentime. So looking forwards to seeing more of him but I'm not sure the new cast can improve what we have now. They'd really need to start again from scratch for that and that is not happening.

It's true a lot of people will be hate-watching the show, especially YouTubers who are basically monetizing its badness.

But personally I've cancelled my Amazon Prime subscription and will not renew until Jennifer Salke gets fired.

I don't mind that people indulge in the practice of hatewatching. I don't understand it, but in the grand scheme of things, who gives a shit. 

But please can we have fewer occasions of these people butting into exchanges between fans of the show to tell them they are wrong. 

Seriously, those people can go and take a shit.

Edited by Spockydog

Nah. A single thread is fine. This show isn't garnering anywhere near as much activity on here as GoT was to warrant separate threads.

If people want to fawn over the show, let them.

If people want to bitch and moan about the show, let them.

If people want to bitch and moan about people bitching and moaning about the show, let them.