[Spoilers] Rings of Power 4: The Battle for Middle-Earth begins

Ser Drewy

22 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

How can one just add themselves as an author to a book they didn't write on Amazon?

He's done it on his store page, and the box that text appears is a place where you can write anything you like:

<div class="a-row promptStatementText">
<span class="a-size-base-plus">If you like my work, I think you'll like </span><a aria-label="The Fellowship Of The Ring" class="a-size-base-plus a-color-base a-link-normal a-text-bold" href="/dp/B007978NPG/ref=aufs_ap_prmt_al_B0BSCSMGZV_dsk?_encoding=UTF8&amp;pd_rd_w=mxtV2&amp;content-id=amzn1.sym.777a36f8-5b75-4106-aff2-5c61e1c1cda1&amp;pf_rd_p=777a36f8-5b75-4106-aff2-5c61e1c1cda1&amp;pf_rd_r=137-0817582-7884861&amp;pd_rd_wg=C7oBe&amp;pd_rd_r=fc6049c3-a336-4e55-b871-7b3a8e3e6d17">The Fellowship Of The Ring</a><span class="a-size-base-plus"> by </span><a aria-label="J. R. R. Tolkien" class="a-size-base-plus a-color-base a-link-normal a-text-bold" href="/-/e/B000ARC6KA/ref=aufs_ap_prmt_al_B0BSCSMGZV_dsk?_encoding=UTF8&amp;pd_rd_w=mxtV2&amp;content-id=amzn1.sym.777a36f8-5b75-4106-aff2-5c61e1c1cda1&amp;pf_rd_p=777a36f8-5b75-4106-aff2-5c61e1c1cda1&amp;pf_rd_r=137-0817582-7884861&amp;pd_rd_wg=C7oBe&amp;pd_rd_r=fc6049c3-a336-4e55-b871-7b3a8e3e6d17">J. R. R. Tolkien</a><span class="a-size-base-plus"> and </span><a aria-label="Demetrious Polychron" class="a-size-base-plus a-color-base a-link-normal a-text-bold" href="/-/e/B0BSCRMQCP/ref=aufs_ap_prmt_al_B0BSCSMGZV_dsk?_encoding=UTF8&amp;pd_rd_w=mxtV2&amp;content-id=amzn1.sym.777a36f8-5b75-4106-aff2-5c61e1c1cda1&amp;pf_rd_p=777a36f8-5b75-4106-aff2-5c61e1c1cda1&amp;pf_rd_r=137-0817582-7884861&amp;pd_rd_wg=C7oBe&amp;pd_rd_r=fc6049c3-a336-4e55-b871-7b3a8e3e6d17">Demetrious Polychron</a>
</div>

He claims that he told Simon Tolkien or some such about it, and left the manuscript on his door step in 2019 or some bullshit. It's all just nonsense.

2 hours ago, Parsons said:

I wasn't impressed by what Amazon did with their show. Instead of complaining about it I'll just leave this link to something based on Tolkein's work which I found to be very well done.

The song is well done but… those are random videogame images for the video… right?

14 minutes ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

That picture does not inspire confidence.

Why? It's clearly using the design for the Mûmakil from the films, and Rohan was in fact invaded by a coalition that included the Corsairs of Umbar, who could presumably have brought some mûmakil with them. Tolkien didn't go into detail.

7 hours ago, Ran said:

Why? It's clearly using the design for the Mûmakil from the films, and Rohan was in fact invaded by a coalition that included the Corsairs of Umbar, who could presumably have brought some mûmakil with them. Tolkien didn't go into detail.

Rohan (being completely landlocked) was never attacked by the Corsairs. Even if it were, transporting the gigantic Mumakil all the way to Rohan would have been nigh impossible.

Edited by ASOIAFrelatedusername

59 minutes ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

Rohan (being completely landlocked) was never attacked by the Corsairs.

Four years later (2758) great troubles came to Rohan, and no help could be sent from Gondor, for three fleets of the Corsairs attacked it and there was war on all its coasts. At the same time Rohan was again invaded from the East, and the Dunlendings seeing their chance came over the Isen and down from Isengard. It was soon known that Wulf was their leader. They were in great force, for they were joined by enemies of Gondor that landed in the mouths of Lefnui and Isen. 

5 hours ago, Ran said:

To quote myself:

6 hours ago, ASOIAFrelatedusername said:

Even if it were, transporting the gigantic Mumakil all the way to Rohan would have been nigh impossible.

How would you even store them on boats? Let alone feed them on the voyage.

It's the same Jacksonian overindulgence that ruined the Battle of the Five Armies.

8 hours ago, Ran said:

Couple of interesting details here, for those that haven't dug into the film's details - and in no particular order: 

1. Philippa Boyens worked on this film as a consultant

2. Brian Cox is one of the cast members

3. Miranda Otto has returned as Eowyn

4. The screenplay credits among others, Phoebe Gittins, who worked on The Lovely Bones, and who - and here's some trivia for you! - had an uncredit role as a 'Cute Hobbit Child' in 2001's The Fellowship of the Ring.

5. The composer for this project is one Stephen Gallagher, whose work is mostly unfamiliar to me, but assisted in the production of additional music in The Hobbit Trilogy as well as on Jackson's The Lovely Bones, and is a Kiwi composer, which is a plus, as this corner of the world (Aus & NZ) has many wonderful artists who don't get nearly enough public exposure.

This is your Interesting Trivia of the Day. Thank you, I'll be here all week! Don't forget to tip the veal and try the waiter! :D