The Others will steal Jon Snow’s body

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Here. This passage imo shows it beautifully. The way he weighs love (honour) vs duty, and ultimately makes the right decision and chooses love and honour - doing the right thing despite what others might think, despite it being hard or viewed as “wrong” by some. 

Beautiful! And fully agreed. That's when Jon truly became a man in the sense that matters: not choosing empty duty over love and honor and therefore forgetting why that duty even exists, but choosing the fundamental power of love and the true meaning of honor to fulfill the spirit of his duty.

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

What does this mean I don't even know, since I haven't even heard of the guy, but I'll trust your judgement and think it's someone who wraps his crackpot with tinfoil.

I think they do a lot of space/Sci-fi theories. Now some of them are fun to read but like a lot of things people take it too far. Like I really don't think Tyrion's breakfast in AGoT is a metaphor for the second moon impact or whatever. And that's another issue. They all revolve around something a minor character said once about there being a second moon.

5 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

What does this mean I don't even know, since I haven't even heard of the guy, but I'll trust your judgement and think it's someone who wraps his crackpot with tinfoil.

Something like that, that’s LmL. :uhoh:

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

Like Lunar Others who are actually Fot7 or weirwood panspermia etc? Thanks for notifying will definitely not look since find such things too outlandish.

I think so...I mean the Seven are aliens as we know but anything else is just not really plausible. And this whole second moon thing... like it is mentioned ONCE as an in-world myth by ONE character who subsequently dies of essential fatty acid deficiency.

14 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Jon must dome the Westeros.

Love how you said 'the Westeros'. And yes, Jon needs to make a dome. Dome as in 'do me'. A secret hint that Jon is sexually frustrated and all his problems will be solved once he gets with Val/Satin. Truly a masterful play on words by Martin. I am in awe of these books.

3 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

Love how you said 'the Westeros'. And yes, Jon needs to make a dome. Dome as in 'do me'. A secret hint that Jon is sexually frustrated and all his problems will be solved once he gets with Val/Satin. Truly a masterful play on words by Martin. I am in awe of these books.

Val/Satin? Surely you must've meant... Longspear?

It wasn’t Longspear, then?” Jon was relieved. He liked Longspear, with his homely face and friendly ways.

She punched him. “That’s vile. Would you bed your sister?”

“Longspear’s not your brother.”

“He’s of my village. You know nothing, Jon Snow. A true man steals a woman from afar, t’ strengthen the clan. Women who bed brothers or fathers or clan kin offend the gods, and are cursed with weak and sickly children. Even monsters.”

What would that friendly ways be, I wonder.

2 hours ago, King Benedict Justman I said:

His throat was slash and blood welled up through his fingers. Meaning he was bleeding ALOT. ...

His soul is safe inside Ghost for now. 

Just a few things:   "When Wick Whittlestick slashed at his throat, the word turned into a grunt. Jon twisted from the knife, just enough so it barely grazed his skin. He cut me. When he put his hand to the side of his neck, blood welled between his fingers. "Why?" "For the Watch." Wick slashed at him again. This time Jon caught his wrist and bent his arm back until he dropped the dagger. The gangling steward backed away, his hands upraised ..."      not much blood mentioned there.

As for Jon's soul in Ghost my question is, is it?  Might be, Jon, the untrained warg could very well be there, but remember, he is an untrained warg who has not heard about a wargs 2nd life yet.  For all he knows, he could be in hell.*    Guess what?  Many of the people there, the Black Brothers and wildings, might not know that either.  Good thing Borroq is there to mention it.  Mayhaps.   Also, the prologue indicated that a warg can be pushed out of his familiar in their 2nd life, and they die.  Jon's body is dead, he can't warg back into it.

2 hours ago, King Benedict Justman I said:

And I’d reckon Jon’s special blood will make his body special........

They will raise him as they did Othor

Unclear, but I’d wager it will have something to do with Winterfell’s crypts.

Jon's special blood?  Hi octane perhaps?  Oh, you mean Targ blood?  Why would being a Targ bastard give one special blood?  Plenty of Targ bastards running around during the history of the story, many fathered by Targ kings, really didn't mean much.

So how did they raise Othor?  Did they raise Flowers the same way?  Wondering 'cause he didn't get a mention.

The Winterfell crypts are far away and snowed in, might be a long trip. 

Oh, and Bowen Dim Bulb Marsh deserves a mention, "Then Bowen Marsh stood there before him, tears running down his cheeks. "For the Watch." He punched Jon in the belly. When he pulled his hand away, the dagger stayed where he had buried it.
Jon fell to his knees. He found the dagger's hilt and wrenched it free. In the cold night air the wound was smoking." 
 no sign of bleeding.  As for the third and fourth knife, Rory and Horse were right behind Jon, and they could have mitigated the damage of the 3rd and stopped the 4th altogether.  Which would be why he didn't feel it.  Last but not least, plenty of fresh snow at the Wall, Jon fell face down and only felt the cold. 

All quotes from A Dance with Dragons - Jon XIII

*this one's for you @Curled Finger

3 minutes ago, LongRider said:

Jon's special blood?  Hi octane perhaps?  Oh, you mean Targ blood?  Why would being a Targ bastard give one special blood?  Plenty of Targ bastards running around during the history of the story, many fathered by Targ kings, really didn't mean much.

In fact, there is one hanging around in the Haunted Forest for decades and decades… with the exact same mix of First Man and royal Targ blood no less. 

It's an interesting theory @King Benedict Justman I

I would readily embrace it and incorporate it into my own headcanon. But I don't think we have enough time for that. And I definitely don't think we have enough POVs on hand for that kind of story.

1 hour ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I wonder, upon hearing of fArya, would LS go North and then head to Wall thinking she is there and resurrect Jon? Since she's already brain dead, perhaps they can pull a stunt and claim Alys is Arya? Would she notice the difference?

Lady Stoneheart isn't brain dead. If she was brain dead, she wouldn't be able to recognize Oathkeeper as the repurposed Stark ancestral blade nor would she specific make a point on stealing back Robb's crown.

Lady Stoneheart is looking for Arya in the Riverlands because that's where she was last seen.

I do think Lady Stoneheart has plans to go North but not without the real Arya.

Archived