Star Wars: Go home (M)Ando(r), the Zillo Beast Is Back (Again!)

Lord Varys

53 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Sort of “Andor lite” though…

Yea, the Corsucant bit didn't really work for me.  I think the Mandalorian really needs to stick with it's strengths.  Which is good, fun, unpretentious, but tightly written episodic television which does a good job of exploring and having fun with the Star Wars mythos.  

Edited by Frey family reunion

12 minutes ago, SpaceChampion said:

Oddly, this ep was the lower rated ep of the series so far.

https://screenrant.com/the-mandalorian-season-3-episode-3-lowest-rated-ever/

Edit:  Never mind, it's just stupid IMDB ratings, not viewer numbers.

Traumsdays, am I right?

On 3/16/2023 at 12:18 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

What do you have to put in popcicles to make them glow?

Edible LEDs! Or just regular ones and trust your customer not to eat them, but that seems like a gamble. 

Spoiler

The Mon Calamari guy doing a little head tilt after Purshing said "it was a trap!" was great. 

Edited by RumHam

Tough to transition from Andor back to this, and considering how Andor was a masterpiece, the comparison really isn’t fair.  Most of the Coruscant stuff worked for me, although it’s hard to believe ex-Imperials, especially one’s who were still serving the Empire after the fall of the Empire, would be given such a long leash.

I also don’t get the helmet thing.  Can they never take it off, even when alone?  Makes me think of having to wear a mask 24/7.

1 hour ago, Rubicante said:

Tough to transition from Andor back to this, and considering how Andor was a masterpiece, the comparison really isn’t fair.  Most of the Coruscant stuff worked for me, although it’s hard to believe ex-Imperials, especially one’s who were still serving the Empire after the fall of the Empire, would be given such a long leash.

I also don’t get the helmet thing.  Can they never take it off, even when alone?  Makes me think of having to wear a mask 24/7.

They're allowed to take it off when they're alone. He does in season one a couple of times, most notably when the murder robot has to heal him. 

On 3/20/2023 at 4:09 AM, RumHam said:

They're allowed to take it off when they're alone. He does in season one a couple of times, most notably when the murder robot has to heal him. 

Although annoyingly they never mention this when reciting their pledge, they just say “have you removed your helmet?” I guess he must sleep in it too, otherwise what happens if someone walks in while you’re sleeping? Has he ever washed his hair?

4 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Although annoyingly they never mention this when reciting their pledge, they just say “have you removed your helmet?” I guess he must sleep in it too, otherwise what happens if someone walks in while you’re sleeping? Has he ever washed his hair?

You can wash your hair alone. I usually do.

10 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Yeah. It kinda reminds me of the night's watch vows and how they don't actually prohibit sex, but it's treated like they do. 

15 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

More to the point, how do they make little baby Mandalorians of the Watch without removing their helmets? Or do they just leave them on and remove everything else? Or do they just use science and exowombs?

Or is that a rabbit hole we don't want to go down?

Edited by Werthead

16 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

Although annoyingly they never mention this when reciting their pledge, they just say “have you removed your helmet?”

If a Mandalorian takes their helmet off in a forest and no one is around to see it, did it really happen?

The greatest redemption moment yet in Star Wars in the new Mandalorian episode?

Spoiler

Jar Jar Binks wasn't, after all, a secret Sith, but Ahmed Best returns as a badass Jedi who saves baby Grogu from the Jedi Temple on Coruscant

So we got a few more tidbits about this weird Mando cult. Their eating habits/rituals and some do have kids. This is the way.

For all that it was another too short episode, I quite liked it.

Spoiler

Nice theme between Jedi doing everything they can to save a youngling and the Mandalorians doing everything they can to save one of their kids.

16 hours ago, Werthead said:

More to the point, how do they make little baby Mandalorians of the Watch without removing their helmets? Or do they just leave them on and remove everything else? Or do they just use science and exowombs?

Or is that a rabbit hole we don't want to go down?

I don’t know if you want a serious answer or not, but the impression I get is that all their foundlings are adopted.

ETA: unless I'm mistaken everyone in this cult except the Armorer are men.  My guess is they are just adopting boys to bring into the cult as well.  At least that's my current impression.  

Edited by Frey family reunion

31 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

ETA: unless I'm mistaken everyone in this cult except the Armorer are men.  My guess is they are just adopting boys to bring into the cult as well.  At least that's my current impression.  

There are other women. You can distinguish by the helmet design. I spotted a few others who have helmets like Bo-Katan but without the Nite Owl paint.

Spoiler

And as we've seen in the new episode, Paz Visla apparently has a son. He could be adopted, I suppose, but while Bo referred to Din as Grogu's dad, Din himself called Grogu his ward, so this whole thing seems to be a bit fluid.

2 hours ago, Corvinus85 said:

There are other women. You can distinguish by the helmet design. I spotted a few others who have helmets like Bo-Katan but without the Nite Owl paint.

Reveal hidden contents

And as we've seen in the new episode, Paz Visla apparently has a son. He could be adopted, I suppose, but while Bo referred to Din as Grogu's dad, Din himself called Grogu his ward, so this whole thing seems to be a bit fluid.

Yea, looking back at some of the scenes, I think you’re right, some of them are probably women.  You can tell because they wear the booby chest plates like Bo Katan.  :rolleyes:

I think the new episode answered my rhetorical question pretty well. I guess they have to leave the helmets on but everything else is fair game.

This episode was reasonably solid, although a bit cheesy that Jedi Best just happened to take Grogu through the exact same locations on Coruscant that they had to build for last week's episode. Frugal, though.

Also, I appreciated the fact that they acknowledged the Mandalorian jetpacks are short-range things as they don't have massive fuel tanks, so they needed to find other ways to catch up to the monster (using the ropes, mostly).

I get the impression they are building up to Grogu speaking for the first time. Not sure what his first words are going to be (he's already mangled, "This is the Way,").

8 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I get the impression they are building up to Grogu speaking for the first time. Not sure what his first words are going to be (he's already mangled, "This is the Way,").

But will he say it like everyone else or will he say The Way, this is?