Star Wars: Go home (M)Ando(r), the Zillo Beast Is Back (Again!)

Lord Varys

13 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

But will he say it like everyone else or will he say The Way, this is?

Based on the fact that Yaddle spoke normally in Tales of the Jedi, I'm hoping he'll just talk normally here. Or he'll have like a Cockney accent for literally no reason and it is never explained.

34 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Based on the fact that Yaddle spoke normally in Tales of the Jedi, I'm hoping he'll just talk normally here. Or he'll have like a Cockney accent for literally no reason and it is never explained.

Oh sure. Give him another accent/style of speech different than Yoda or Yaddle...and we'll be drowned in tin pot fan theories that all three are all from different continents on their home planet...

I find it rather strange, that I'm enjoying the Bad Patch way more than the Mandalorian. To be honest, I'm just finding the latter to be rather boring. Aside from the flashback, literally nothing interesting happened. If anything, the flashback is basically what saved the episode from feeling like a filler.

9 minutes ago, sifth said:

I find it rather strange, that I'm enjoying the Bad Patch way more than the Mandalorian. To be honest, I'm just finding the latter to be rather boring. Aside from the flashback, literally nothing interesting happened. If anything, the flashback is basically what saved the episode from feeling like a filler.

Spoiler

And even that was kinda just action filler? Or was I supposed to know who that Jedi was from a game or comic or something? 

We already knew Grogu got out of the temple during order 66. That didn't really provide any interesting information beyond "some soldiers in red uniforms helped" I'm curious who they are, and how he ended up with those aliens from the first episode. Also who hired IG-11 to execute him.

1 minute ago, RumHam said:
  Reveal hidden contents

And even that was kinda just action filler? Or was I supposed to know who that Jedi was from a game or comic or something? 

We already knew Grogu got out of the temple during order 66. That didn't really provide any interesting information beyond "some soldiers in red uniforms helped" I'm curious who they are, and how he ended up with those aliens from the first episode. Also who hired IG-11 to execute him.

I thought they were Naboo, the ship certainly looked like one of theirs.

As for why they're living on the planet, I'm guessing it's like a Klingon thing (and the Mandalorians are almost consciously Klingons with jetpacks and flamethrowers instead of swords), they like being near monsters that want to eat them as a rite of passage kind of thing.

13 minutes ago, Werthead said:

As for why they're living on the planet, I'm guessing it's like a Klingon thing (and the Mandalorians are almost consciously Klingons with jetpacks and flamethrowers instead of swords), they like being near monsters that want to eat them as a rite of passage kind of thing.

I mean, they weren't like that in season 1 or when we saw them briefly in the Book of Boba Fett. Also, where did all of the these other Mandalorians and their children randomly come from? The Forge Master, says they are down to only 3, in the Book of Boba Fett and season 3 starts with them randomly having a whole clan again, wtf

Edited by sifth

58 minutes ago, Werthead said:

I was thinking about this more and it's pretty odd. Order 66 was a sudden shocking thing. I didn't have the impression that the Jedi Temple was like besieged for a while. Yet in the episode it seems like there was a plan with these possibly Nabooian guys. Like how they were expecting others. 

I assume we'll learn more and it will eventually make sense.

15 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Not quite sure how Ragnar managed to avoid being eaten. But other than that massive, massive plot hole, I enjoyed this episode.

The dialogue is really bad, though.

I thought it was really funny, how optimistic they were that he wasn't immediately eaten or torn in half. 

Edit: It's also funny to imagine that, at least prior to the discovery that the mines still exist, if the bird monster had knocked that kids helmet off while abducting him his dad and society would have been like "fuck 'em, that is not the way."

Edited by RumHam

9 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I thought it was really funny, how optimistic they were that he wasn't immediately eaten or torn in half. 

I mean, none of the characters were allowed to ask, 'Don't you think he's been eaten by now, especially after we've taken almost two days to get here, and she's got three hungry chicks in her nest?' Because the only realistic answer to that question is yes, of course he's already been fucking eaten.

Even worse was the fact that he'd presumably been inside the monster for two days (why?), and emerged completely dry, without one sliver of slime on his helmet.

Fucking absurd. But I loved it. Lol.

Edited by Spockydog

3 hours ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

How are the dragon things “foundlings”?  Seriously?  If they find a baby horse can the horse become a Mandalorian?

It's gonna take a lot of beskar to cover up their heads. But seriously I didn't take Bo's words literally. They'll be trained as war mounts.

I’m not sure I understand calling an episode ‘filler’. It’s just that kind of show, it’s mostly filler. I probably prefer the standalone episodes to ‘season arc’ episodes.

It was a nice reminder that Mandalorians are pretty damn cool, grappling guns and jet packs and blasters? Pretty damn cool. Although it felt like the effects budget was stretched a little, the Coruscant scenes didn’t feel up to the usual standard, nor Grogu’s flip, and a few others.