Star Wars: Go home (M)Ando(r), the Zillo Beast Is Back (Again!)

Lord Varys

7 minutes ago, cock_merchant said:

Does Nevarro consist of a single town with under 50 people?

No, it has hundreds of NPCs but most of them have standard dialog like 'watch your step, Mando' and 'I used to be a bounty hunter like you until I took a blaster to the knee'. And they all look pretty much the same.

Bad Batch finale

Spoiler

A sister.....

I mean, interesting but not the same as discovering a Jedi having a force-senstive sister like with Luke, or even being like a secret heir to a throne, the only two situations family relationships would matter in this universe.  Do Omega and any sisters she has have anything added to their genetic code? She's a clone of Jango + whatever code added to her.  It's not like she's a descendent of the first Mandolorian, who weren't human.  I don't know where they're going with this. 

Maybe the Kaminoans inserted parts of their own genetic code so they can live on after they are inevitably wiped out.  :dunno:

I enjoyed the finale episodes though.  Tech!!!!

Yeah, that Bad Batch finale went very hard into Empire Strikes Back mode, but even more depressing. I was not expecting that.

Spoiler

Unless Tech survived, possibly by using his grapple gun at the last moment, but it would be ballsier to just leave him dead. It looked like he fell several thousand feet and had a massive train compartment thing land on him afterwards.

The Mandalorian was okay, although it did make me want Uncle Iroh: X-Wing Pilot as the next spinoff project.

13 minutes ago, Werthead said:

The Mandalorian was okay, although it did make me want Uncle Iroh: X-Wing Pilot as the next spinoff project.

Pretty sure this is some of the stuff that they repurposed from the Cara Dune spinoff they were planning. 

Which makes Mandalorian feel like even more of a weird anthology. They seem to have a real problem actually having focus on their shows; Book of Boba Fett decided to not be about Boba Fett for a couple eps, and Mandalorian now seems to be deciding to not actually focus on Mandalorians at all. 

I also am sad that during the inspirational speeches to save Nevarro they didn't go with 'and we can settle someplace where WE ARE NOT CONSTANTLY BEING ATTACKED BY BIG FUCKING MONSTERS WHO EAT OUR KIDS'

Because fuck them kids

Also, did the New Republic fighter and pilot just...not do anything at all? Just recruited the covert to go fight and then do nothing? Cause nice work, dude!

Edited by Kalnestk Oblast

Just now, sifth said:

I'm starting to think Pedro Pascal's schedule really was booked, given we now have two episodes that are Mandolight.

My guess is that Pedro wasn’t present for any of the episodes we’ve seen so far.  Probably the last time he set foot on the Mandalorian set was for the scene when Grogu left with Luke.

1 hour ago, Kalnestk Oblast said:

Pretty sure this is some of the stuff that they repurposed from the Cara Dune spinoff they were planning. 

Which makes Mandalorian feel like even more of a weird anthology. They seem to have a real problem actually having focus on their shows; Book of Boba Fett decided to not be about Boba Fett for a couple eps, and Mandalorian now seems to be deciding to not actually focus on Mandalorians at all. 

It’s focused quite a bit on one Mandalorian, just not Din.  They should have called this season Book of Bo Katan. 

5 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

My guess is that Pedro wasn’t present for any of the episodes we’ve seen so far.  Probably the last time he set foot on the Mandalorian set was for the scene when Grogu left with Luke.

I know Brendan Wayne plays the character a lot of the time.

I would assume the beskar armor in the prison transport is just a frame job, as I guess most of you do as well. As to the X-wing pilot he was ordered not to help, so he indirectly helped instead. Plus they needed an excuse to have him be out in space and find that needle in a haystack transport ship. What's the deal with a city not having any type of defense system against attacking pirates, that they know raid in that area? Plot, yes I know but damn at least show us a few mounted cannons on roof tops that get destroyed early in the attack.

Honestly I think I liked this episode more than most of them this season. 

17 minutes ago, dbunting said:

I would assume the beskar armor in the prison transport is just a frame job, as I guess most of you do as well. As to the X-wing pilot he was ordered not to help, so he indirectly helped instead. Plus they needed an excuse to have him be out in space and find that needle in a haystack transport ship. What's the deal with a city not having any type of defense system against attacking pirates, that they know raid in that area? Plot, yes I know but damn at least show us a few mounted cannons on roof tops that get destroyed early in the attack.

Why was the X-Wing Captain out by himself?  I kept waiting for him to be jumped.

1 minute ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Why was the X-Wing Captain out by himself?  I kept waiting for him to be jumped.

Wasn't he the one who traveled from the New Republic outpost to Corusant and then to the planet Mando was on, so I assume he was returning to his outpost.

55 minutes ago, dbunting said:

Well, the skuttlebutt is

Spoiler

That Gideon is going to don his own version of Mandalorian armor in the series and have a bunch of guards in red Mandalorian armor.  So maybe not a frame job.  Maybe there’s a Mandalorian sect out there that for some reason decided that he should be their ruler.

5 minutes ago, Frey family reunion said:

Well, the skuttlebutt is

Hide contents

That Gideon is going to don his own version of Mandalorian armor in the series and have a bunch of guards in red Mandalorian armor.  So maybe not a frame job.  Maybe there’s a Mandalorian sect out there that for some reason decided that he should be their ruler.

Likely remnants of the Imperial loyalists that followed Gar Saxon.

And speaking of Rebels

Spoiler

Was that Zeb or just another Lossat? The accent sounded close.

1 hour ago, Frey family reunion said:

It’s focused quite a bit on one Mandalorian, just not Din. 

What’s the collective term for the people of Mandalore? Is it just The Mandalorian? Could the title still be correct if it becomes about all of this group?

7 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

Likely remnants of the Imperial loyalists that followed Gar Saxon.

Yea, I’m a huge Star War nerd, and even I’m having trouble keeping track of all of the lore from the different animated series.  I’m getting a bit worried that the show is starting to get a little too into the weeds of the animated lore, and is going to start losing a good bit of the more casual audience.

Favreau and Filoni actually both pitched two separate shows to Lucasfilms.  Favreau pitched the idea of a Boba-Fett style bounty hunter who comes into contact with “the child” and they end up having a Lone Wolf - Cub type of relationship.  

Filoni pitched a live action follow up to the Mandalorian lore that he developed in the animated series.

Allegedly KK brought them together and they ended up combining their ideas.

I think Favreau’s story ideas really resonated with the fans.  But now that we’re veering more into Filoni’s vision, I think the show is losing steam and a lot of the audience is getting a bit confused.

5 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

What’s the collective term for the people of Mandalore? Is it just The Mandalorian? Could the title still be correct if it becomes about all of this group?

Depends. If it's Greek, it'd be Mandalori (for a given species/tribe of Mandalore) or Mandalorians (for all species of Mandalore). If it's Latin it might be Mandaloriane, Mandalorianes, or Mandaloria. I personally prefer Mandalori when I'm talking about the Covert or Bo-Katan's group, but I recommend picking the absolute silliest version.