Is Lyanna truly dead?

Tradecraft

18 minutes ago, King Benedict Justman I said:

I think there is a chance their spirits are in the crypts of Winterfell. Theory I’ve heard is the reason so many of the statues have swords is so when magic returns with the others, the statues of the Kings of Winter will come to life to defend the realm.

More logical than half the theories out there, especially from a certain factions theories.

20 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

That's interesting. A lot of people seemed to think the swords were there to keep the Kings in their tombs...

Yes, this. And now there are swords missing so that iron isn’t keeping those angry spirits locked in. :eek:

11 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

So Jon warging Howland Reed while in Lyanna's womb to find ToJ and kill the kingsguard Rhaegar put on guard so they can kill Jon the Great Other Reborn as soon as he was born is logical?

I won’t even reply but I’ll ask you this: is it a rule that says one of these two ideas must be logical? Can’t both be illogical? B/c that’s what I think. ;)

She's in the Winterfell crypts: nobody in the Winterfell crypts is going to be dead for long. It's not that "the spirits are haunting the crypts" and ancient Stark warriors are going to be reborn again in, like, a Netflix's Wednesday anti-climax, introducing tons of new character's we've never met before: it's that the god of death is gonna invade and do his ice-zombie thing.

Um, if Lyanna lived who would she be?  We can't even agree on who Ashara Dayne could be had she lived.  And why separate her from her child?  Isn't that stretching things a bit?  I mean these are Starks Lyanna is pack with.  She wouldn't just leave her child with Ned and a woman who would not love her son.  Once it became apparent that Cat was utterly horrified with Jon surely Ned would try to find a way to reunite Jon with his mother.  This is silly.  

25 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Um, if Lyanna lived who would she be?  We can't even agree on who Ashara Dayne could be had she lived.  And why separate her from her child?  Isn't that stretching things a bit?  I mean these are Starks Lyanna is pack with.  She wouldn't just leave her child with Ned and a woman who would not love her son.  Once it became apparent that Cat was utterly horrified with Jon surely Ned would try to find a way to reunite Jon with his mother.  This is silly.  

D'uh, she's Tormund of course. Why else would Tormund have liked Jon immediately? All the talk about his member is because he lacks one. Ned's plan to unite was sending Jon to Watch, Benjen making sure he reaches to Tormund the mama wolf.

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

Were you expecting her to be Lemore who conveniently had a name starting with an L?

Not entirely sure on that one.  I think I was expecting her to be Ashara Dayne to be honest.

1 minute ago, Curled Finger said:

Not entirely sure on that one.  I think I was expecting her to be Ashara Dayne to be honest.

By her you mean Lyanna? Yeah the thought occured to me but considering either Brandon or Ned had a thing going on with Ashara, immediately felt disgusted by the Targyness of it. :ack:

Just now, Corvo the Crow said:

By her you mean Lyanna? Yeah the thought occured to me but considering either Brandon or Ned had a thing going on with Ashara, immediately felt disgusted by the Targyness of it. :ack:

Nono, that Ashara would have been the closest famous unseen female character.  Duh.  Even I can spin that one.  Certainly a dead Lyanna could impersonate a dead Ashara.  

3 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Prophetic dreams are more believable than parroting Raven because you don't know when he's parroting you and when he's actually trying to convey some information.

If he says 5 x dead, he's not just parrotting. It's made clear by repeating it thrice more, after an entirely different sentence about Benjen. Admittedly, the raven likes to say dead a lot at the Fist. And he was right. Many died.

11 hours ago, sweetsunray said:

If he says 5 x dead, he's not just parrotting. It's made clear by repeating it thrice more, after an entirely different sentence about Benjen. Admittedly, the raven likes to say dead a lot at the Fist. And he was right. Many died.

Perhaps. But I take the dream over crows half speak as it's easier to understand.

43 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Perhaps. But I take the dream over crows half speak as it's easier to understand.

Benjen died north of a magic wall and he's sworn to the Night's Watch. I wouldn't expect him at a party of the dead Starks of WF.

Archived