What theories do you believe are true

Personally I believe that TPTWP prophecy and AAR prophecy are two separate prophecies and both are separate people.

I think Daenerys is Azor Ahai Reborn, (whether or not that’s a good thing is something we’ll find out)

I think Jon is the Prince that Was Promised, I think he is just predestined to be King, either of the 7K or the North.

I also think Bran is a parallel of the Last Hero.

I think Jon, Bran, and Daenerys are the 3 Heads of the Dragon that will save the world. The 3 of them are the human representation of the struggle that the series is named for. Dany represents the conflict of Fire, Bran the conflict of Ice, and Jon represents the unity of the 2.

I wish more people would formulate their ideas as verifiable/falsifiable propositions that have some chance of being proven true or false in the coming volumes.  You are merely incorporating the language of ambiguous prophesy which, by design, could mean any number of different things, and may end up meaning multiple things.

"Jon is the Prince that was Promised" will never be proven true or false.    "AAR and TPTWP will be two different people" will never be proven true or false.  Yes, various things may happen that seem ambiguously foreshadowed by these prophesies.  It is meaningless to predict that Dany is AAR reborn, if you don't commit to what that means, and whether it is even good or bad.  In what sense is Bran a "parallel of the Last Hero"?  And is that good or bad?

You do seem to predict that Jon will become King of something (assuming that's what you mean by "predestined").  But that's the only statement you have made that is verifiable or falsifiable.

I'm not saying that the AAR prophesy and the TPTWP prophesy and the Last Hero legend might not be ambiguous clues foreshadowing something or other.   But until you commit to a guess as to what they actually mean, and how this will actually play out, it is meaningless to say this or that person is AAR or TPTWP or the Last Hero.

I don't count "Dany is AAR" or the equivalent as an actual theory.

Will post my own list of propositions shortly. 

Mostly just the basic ones: Alleras is Sarella, Jon's parents are Rhaegar and Lyanna, Jaqen is Pate, Gregor is Robert Strong and Sandor is the Gravedigger and Benjen is Coldhands, Howland Reed is the Knight of the Laughing Tree (I know some people think it's Lyanna, which I guess I see, but I just prefer it being Howland), Balon was killed by a faceless man, Eldon is Cassana's father, Jaime is the valonquar, Dragonstone and the Black stone are the same material, ebony is the same genus as ironwoods, black-barked trees, and nightwoods and magically opposed to the weirwoods.

The major theory I subscribe to is that the "weirwood network" actually connects all life and its givers, and that the magic system is built on blood and sap, water and fire, not Gods or anything. I think the "prime animals" are super important: dragons (Targaryens), wolves (Starks), bears (Mormonts), boars (Crakehalls), cats (Pantera), goats (Qohor), horses (Dothraki), sheep (Lhazar), fish (Sistermen), Krakens (Greyjoys), Toads and Frogs (Basilisk Isles). Then fire (R'hllor) and ice (the Others) and earth (Children of the Forest) and water (Rhoynar) and air (Asshai and possibly Yi Ti), very Avatar. When magic users manipulate life and death, and greensee and skinchange, they are just tapping into the resources Planetos already provides: in other words, they are not accessing Eru, for a LotR example, or the Devil, for a real world example, but are just manipulating the forces that already exist by accessing other forms of consciousness or controlling the natural elements like blood and fire. 

Mostly my own ones :P

Allyria Dayne is Ashara's and a Stark's daughter.

Last Hero was the Night King and was a Stark (or rather, Snow descended from Stark), Brandon Broke his own black brother resulting in the parts of the vow that the Blackgate does not need to allow passage.

Joramun was a watchman and wildlings ancestors were as well, being exiled by Brandon Breaker after the NK incident.

Matrilineal House of the Weirwood

1 hour ago, Floki of the Ironborn said:

I think Tyrion is Tywin’s only biological child. The twins are half Targaryen.

Same. It would be awesome as one final middle finger to Tywin, for a life time of being cruel to his son.

21 minutes ago, sifth said:

Same. It would be awesome as one final middle finger to Tywin, for a life time of being cruel to his son.

I think he’s aware of it too. He always emphasizes that Tyrion is his, whether he likes it or not. And Genna was quick to say that Jaime isn’t Tywin’s son the way Tyrion is. Not to mention the incest, Jaime’s war prowess in line with Admin or other Targaryen powerhouses, Cersei’s madness being compared to the Mad King, plus the idea that Jaime slew his own father as well as his own king… it’s almost canon at this point.

Jon is the son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

Daenerys is the child of Aerys and Rhaella.

Tyrion, Jaime, and Cersei are all Tywin's.

Lyanna was the Knight of the Laughing Tree

The Younger and more Beautiful is Margaery.  Cersei is making it so.

The valonqar is Tyrion.

Benjen Stark is alive.  He is not Coldhands.

Tyrek Lannister is alive.

Jon Snow is alive, but seriously injured and comatose.

Ramsay Bolton wrote the Pink Letter.

Cersei and Margaery both win their trials.

I think Randyll Tarly will turn coat and become a bigger player on Team Aegon, that has legs.  Stannis will likely take Winterfell, I need to see him win something.  Jon will have some sort of magical transformation, dead, alive or indifferent.  Ramsay wrote the letter.  There are several conspiracies at play in the North.  Rickon will show up with some Skagossi and big ass hairy unicorns.   More than one person in the Vale knows Alayne's identity and will likely try to abscond with her at this tourney.   I really do think Cersei will be forced to run or go way underground.  not looking good for her.  

Jon is the new Night’s King with a twist. He’s the corpse groom. The Wight Commander and the descendant of the first Night’s King. He will rule the Wall and maybe the North.

Tyrion is not a Targaryen. He’s the third offspring of Tywin.

Daenerys is Azor Ahai, the only true descendant of the rulers of the Great Empire of the Dawn.  

Preston Jacobs was on to something with the bastard gate theory. The Others are northern bastards that have been turned. Craster is a Stark by blood.

Alyssanne knew more than we are told. The Gift and outlawing the Lord’s right were done to stop the increase of the Others. It did nothing to reduce unplanned babies nor did it stop the horrible Lord’s right. Instead of babies getting rescued by the Others they were left to perish in the forests of the North.  

I see one big problem with the theories that Aerys is the father of at least one Lannister.  How are we supposed to find out?  Everybody involved is dead.  So I don't see how a POV is going to know.  And we know nothing about dragons so just because someone can ride one doesn't necessarily mean they're Targaryen.

The Seven are aliens.

The Titan of Braavos is a giant mecha which will activate and defend the city in its time of need.

Pentos was an Andal city.

The Iron Bank and the Faceless Men are two sides of the same coin.

Stannis will die of starvation.

Jon Connington will blow up King's Landing.

Jon Snow is the legitimate son of Rhaegar and Lyanna.

33 minutes ago, Mourning Star said:

Bloodraven is not the Three Eyed Crow

I waver on this one, 

"Are you the three-eyed crow?" Bran heard himself say. A three-eyed crow should have three eyes. He has only one, and that one red. Bran could feel the eye staring at him, shining like a pool of blood in the torchlight. Where his other eye should have been, a thin white root grew from an empty socket, down his cheek, and into his neck.

"A … crow?" The pale lord's voice was dry.  A Dance with Dragons - Bran II 

R+L=J, basically confirmed.

Daenerys's pasts is sus AF, but I can't really support any theory concerning alternate parentage or anything (just saying I wouldn't be surprised if something was revealed or if nothing is revealed).

Lyanna is the Knight of the Laughing Tree (one of my favorites; I really like that Bran chapter and the way the story is told).

Pink Letter is also pretty sus, but it was still probably Ramsay.

Jaime is the valonquar (also really like this one). 

Sandor is the Gravedigger and Gregor is Robert Strong.

(f)Aegon is a Blackfyre (even if he isn't I still hope he isn't the real Aegon Targaryen, would feel kind of out of left field imo. So either Blackfyre or some mysterious parentage, but Blackfyre would be coolest).

Quaithe is someone relevant. Nothing concrete here and I wouldn't really care too much if it turns out she's just some random nobody, but it would be a little anti-climatic, so I just hope she is revealed to be someone relevant. 

Something with House Dayne. They are so mysterious so I don't think any theories can be made about them with concrete evidence, but the fact that they are so mysterious makes me hope that something will be revealed about them, and they hopefully play some significant role in the last two books. It would bug me if their entire purpose is just to be mysterious and that's that; all these question we've had will just never be answered.

2 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

The Titan of Braavos is a giant mecha which will activate and defend the city in its time of need.

Gods, Old, Seven and Red, I hope not! I can seriously see Titan of Braavos being a Numidium with all magic going on but how would that happen if not with blood magic so I hope not.

6 hours ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Gods, Old, Seven and Red, I hope not! I can seriously see Titan of Braavos being a Numidium with all magic going on but how would that happen if not with blood magic so I hope not.

The Dwemer didn't need blood magic to construct Numidium, did they?

8 minutes ago, Craving Peaches said:

The Dwemer didn't need blood magic to construct Numidium, did they?

Yes but no one in Planetos is as smart as Dwemer. They tricked a god like Azura with a box when even a smart Planetosi like Cressen couldn't trick Mel's fire visions. They'll just resort to blood magic.

Edit: They also don't have Lorkhan's heart. Didn't sleep so slow mind.

Archived