What theories do you believe are true

3 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

That's true..

I really wish that I could theorize on Benjen because he doesn't seem to be dead, he doesn't seem to be -and also proven not to be- CH but what the hell is he doing? He didn't return a wight so not killed by Others, he wasn't killed by Wildlings or else it would be all the talk, so where is the guy, what is he even doing? Could we see him headed to Hardhome? 

9 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Yes, the whole point is that not seeing a crossbow bolt in a prophetic dream is really not being an argument.

And my point when I brought up the crossbow bolt was that Theon in his dream sees Robert w/ his guts spilling out and Ned w/o a head, he sees Mikken dripping blood and Chayle dripping water; just as they died. And yet misses the mark completely irt Robb and Grey Wind, b/c he sees both bleeding from "half a hundred savage wounds" and we know neither died like that. The description given to Robb and GW in his dream seems much more suggestive of battle wounds. 

I subscribe to all of the conventional ones. 

But what are the craziest ones that I am tentatively amenable to?

• I love Moon Meteor theory, but would add that the cataclysm was caused by weirwood psy magic, in a skirmish among warring weir-factions.
  • The Shade of the Evening used to be something like a weirwood, but it was corrupted and nearly killed by the cataclysm that brought the Long Night.
  • The Others are guarding something related to a weirwood, in the Heart of Winter. But with icy blood, adapted to the extreme cold.
  • Within the furnaces of the world, such as the Fourteen Flames, there is something related to a weirwood. But with fiery blood, adapted to the extreme heat. Dragons were made by interbreeding the wyrms with wyverns. Dragon riders are humans blood-bonded to the same magical fiery source.
  • All the talk of krakens is actually a weirwood thing emerging from the depths of the ocean, perhaps animated by blood sacrifice.
  • Just as the Others are white walkers of the wintry wood, the Green Men are walkers for Team Green. They are walking tree creatures. Possibly the mobile males to the immobile female queen, like in GRRM's older story Sandkings.
  • The Mad Mouse is Howland, beeyotch!

19 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

At the very least we know that Wights retain their memory, so if he was dead at the hands of the Others, he would've wightified and returned to CB like the men under his command. If he was killed by some Wildling, then it'd be talked about, the guy was First Ranger of the Watch for Old God's sake.

Their memories fade as Beric bemoans.  

11 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

And my point when I brought up the crossbow bolt was that Theon in his dream sees Robert w/ his guts spilling out and Ned w/o a head, he sees Mikken dripping blood and Chayle dripping water; just as they died. And yet misses the mark completely irt Robb and Grey Wind, b/c he sees both bleeding from "half a hundred savage wounds" and we know neither died like that. The description given to Robb and GW in his dream seems much more suggestive of battle wounds. 

With eye colors and hip sizes of people changing in a world with no colored lenses or plastic surgery, I'm sure we can give a pass to wound details between two books that were released 4 years apart.

But there were others with faces he had never known in life, faces he had seen only in stone. The slim, sad girl who wore a crown of pale blue roses and a white gown spattered with gore could only be Lyanna. Her brother Brandon stood beside her, and their father Lord Rickard just behind. Along the walls figures half-seen moved through the shadows, pale shades with long grim faces. The sight of them sent fear shivering through Theon sharp as a knife. And then the tall doors opened with a crash, and a freezing gale blew down the hall, and Robb came walking out of the night. Grey Wind stalked beside, eyes burning, and man and wolf alike bled from half a hundred savage wounds.

Why would Theon even think of her in a white gown spattered with gore?

36 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

The Mad Mouse is Howland, beeyotch!

:bowdown: i worship this theory tbh. I accept it as truth and treat it like it's gospel.

37 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

I love Moon Meteor theory, but would add that the cataclysm was caused by weirwood psy magic, in a skirmish among warring weir-factions.

I've never heard of this one though! Do you recommend any specific essays that go into this? I'd like to read about it.

9 minutes ago, Ser Arthurs Dawn said:

I've never heard of this one though! Do you recommend any specific essays that go into this? I'd like to read about it.

Never heard of Moon Meteor Theory? If not, this theory comes from David Lightbringer (formerly known as Lucifer Means Lightbringer). Here's a video for anyone those curious:

If you specifically mean that you've never heard of the weirwood magic spin on Moon Meteor Theory...well, that's just my own take on it. Based on passages that implicate weirwoods grabbing at moons and other astral bodies, symbolic language about female giants launching boulders and antler men, the hammer of the waters and similar flooding and "walls of water" peppered throughout TWOIAF, the strong Garth imagery in both Stannis and Renly in the shadow death, the fact that the Grey King brought fire to the world by tricking the Storm God, and other such clues.

31 minutes ago, Phylum of Alexandria said:

Never heard of Moon Meteor Theory? If not, this theory comes from David Lightbringer (formerly known as Lucifer Means Lightbringer). Here's a video for anyone those curious:

If you specifically mean that you've never heard of the weirwood magic spin on Moon Meteor Theory...well, that's just my own take on it. Based on passages that implicate weirwoods grabbing at moons and other astral bodies, symbolic language about female giants launching boulders and antler men, the hammer of the waters and similar flooding and "walls of water" peppered throughout TWOIAF, the strong Garth imagery in both Stannis and Renly in the shadow death, the fact that the Grey King brought fire to the world by tricking the Storm God, and other such clues.

Awesome, thank you!! Work is so slow today, this will help pass the time ♥

Regarding the OP, most of the theories I subscribe to are, believe or not, hugely controversial

Off the top of my head:

- Bloodraven is the 3EC

- Daario is Daario and no one else

- Euron is Euron and no one else

- Mance is Mance and no one else 

- Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter

- Jon isn't dead

-  We'll see Bran doing more human skinchanging 

- Jaime will lead the BwB

-  Arya will return to Westeros wearing a different face

- Old Nan is very often wrong

1 minute ago, kissdbyfire said:

Regarding the OP, most of the theories I subscribe to are, believe or not, hugely controversial

Off the top of my head:

- Bloodraven is the 3EC

- Daario is Daario and no one else

- Euron is Euron and no one else

- Mance is Mance and no one else 

- Ramsay wrote the Pink Letter

- Jon isn't dead

-  We'll see Bran doing more human skinchanging 

- Jaime will lead the BwB

-  Arya will return to Westeros wearing a different face

Euron being Euron is one thing, but Daario being Daario, one must make a boundary where crackpottery starts. I'll wager you don't believe Manderly is a merling either.

10 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

Euron being Euron is one thing, but Daario being Daario, one must make a boundary where crackpottery starts. I'll wager you don't believe Manderly is a merling either.

Forgot to add that one to the list!

Robert Strong has Robb’s head on his shoulders.

The three lies that must be slain are Stannis, Aegon, and Jon.

The Redstone Emperor is Mellissandre’s ancestor. 

Daenerys, Aegon the Conqueror, Azor Ahai, and Daenys are the same soul reincarnated all through time.  

Jon, Night’s King, and Craster are all Starks.  

The Boltons are aware of the Starks’ magical abilities. Skinning enemies is their way to counter the Starks.  

Bran will stab Bloodraven in the back to become the head villain.  

25 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Off the top of my head:

- Bloodraven is the 3EC

I like your style!

What I believe; 

Sandor is the Gravedigger   

RLJ is true, I guess

Jon Snow is not dead

Bowen Marsh will soon be really most sincerely dead

What I don't believe;

Benjen is Cold Hands, nope

The Mad Mouse in NOT Howland Reed, also, neither is Sandor Clegane or the Elder Brother disguised as knights at the Vale

I basically don't believe any theories that revolve around involvement of the Faceless Men, with the exception of the basically-known Citadel plot. Obviously they exist, but I don't think they are in play as a faction with a meaningful agenda, nor that anyone has secret contracts with them to do xyz in favour of any of the factions we know about.

I do however believe that Sandor and Gregor Clegane are brothers.

45 minutes ago, LongRider said:

I like your style!

What I believe; 

Sandor is the Gravedigger   

RLJ is true, I guess

Jon Snow is not dead

Bowen Marsh will soon be really most sincerely dead

What I don't believe;

Benjen is Cold Hands, nope

The Mad Mouse in NOT Howland Reed, also, neither is Sandor Clegane or the Elder Brother disguised as knights at the Vale

I like your picks too! 

Archived