Does Qyburn have any Ulterior Motives?

Craving Peaches

Aside from discovering more about the 'nature of life and death'? Is there an ultimate purpose to his experiments beyond his brand of research? Does he just want knowledge for its own sake or does he intend to do something with it? Right now it seems like he just enjoys experimenting for research but could there be something more going on?

I think we can safely assume he's not experimenting just to advance the cause of human knowledge. He might as well have "Do not trust this man" tattooed on his forehead and if you cut him in two you'll find "shifty" written through him like a stick of Brighton rock.

What his actual motives are, though, who knows. Given that his research seems necromancy-focussed and his end goal seems to be raising the dead, one could speculate he's trying to mimic the wights of the Others or the R'hlorr second-lifers, but his own brand of them.

there's really no indication of it. the man's a genius psychopath.  I believe him when he says he likes knowledge, he likely has seen and read about zombies and is doing experiments on humans the way scientists do with mice. obviously, a person like that is just as much trustworthy as the Goat and the rest of his party, even less because he is smart. and he'd especially be dangerous in a position of power. Unfortunately, Cersei's stupid enough to put him exactly where he shouldn't be.  

14 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

Aside from discovering more about the 'nature of life and death'? Is there an ultimate purpose to his experiments beyond his brand of research? Does he just want knowledge for its own sake or does he intend to do something with it? Right now it seems like he just enjoys experimenting for research but could there be something more going on?

I believe he is the secret hero of the series, he is trying to find the secrets of reanimation so he can reverse it, ultimate defense against Wights. 

I'm not convinced he has ulterior motives... to me he comes across as a mad scientist type. A mad scientist who clearly enjoys his experiments a bit too much, a sadistic mad scientist. :eek:

34 minutes ago, Corvo the Crow said:

I believe he is the secret hero of the series, he is trying to find the secrets of reanimation so he can reverse it, ultimate defense against Wights. 

This

The man is trying to cure a common but deadly condition  known as death!!! No greater medical achievement is possible!!! 

Qyburn is totally normal as fuck and is hiding nothing and is just having a great time doing what he likes to do which is make zombie people, absolutely nothing to see here. 

I do think he's going to be super important in figuring out what is going on with the wights tho, but he's not doing his stuff for that motive, he's just trying to have some fun before he dies.

18 hours ago, Craving Peaches said:

I have a sneaking suspicion he, too, is tied to Littlefinger. Qyburn brings the dead back to life, a la Robert Strong. But if you think back to Mandon Moore, he seemed dead as well, and many people remarked that with his white cloak he looked like a corpse in a shroud. Moore came from the Vale, of course, and his candidacy was pushed by Jon Arryn, who never really cared for him. This has me thinking he did this to please Lysa, who was being manipulated by Petyr. So it's one of those connect the dots things . . .

Archived