Will all the Dothraki simply starve when they land in Westeros?

Craving Peaches

1 hour ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

I have seen a post or two from you before.  You seen intent on marginalizing the Dothraki.  I don't and have never agreed with your opinions on this matter.  For one, the Dothraki will not leave Essos without more than adequate provisions.  They are not stupid like Robb Stark.  They are not going to set themselves up for failure. 

The Dothraki going to Westeros because their dead khal married a Targaryen princess is setting themselves up for failure. They have absolutely no future as part of an invading army on foreign soil, and Daenerys will need to find enough ships ASAP to feed her army. I hope she does so Aegon VI and her can warm Leaf's throne and help defeat the Others, but the Dothraki are exactly as stupid as Robb Stark.

2 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

I have seen a post or two from you before.  You seen intent on marginalizing the Dothraki.  I don't and have never agreed with your opinions on this matter.  For one, the Dothraki will not leave Essos without more than adequate provisions.  They are not stupid like Robb Stark.  They are not going to set themselves up for failure. 

Westeros will be the one with widespread food shortage.  Essos is a land of abundance in comparison.  The Dothraki will be prepared before they go to Westeros. 

This is a heroic exercise in identifying - and then completely missing - the point.

It doesn't matter how abundant Essos is because getting enough food from Essos to Westeros to supply the Dothraki army for more than a few days is logistically impossible. It doesn't matter how much food there is at home. Like all pre-modern armies, the Dothraki would have to live off the land where they are, and that means that the food shortage in Westeros is going to be a real problem for them.

6 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

Westeros will be the one with widespread food shortage.  Essos is a land of abundance in comparison.  The Dothraki will be prepared before they go to Westeros. 

Believing that Dothraki will perform anywhere as well as historical Mongols did is frankly an insult to both historical Mongols and George Martin himself - and this is true for actual historical Mongols. Believing that they will perform the way meme Mongols did is frankly dumb.

So I have one question for you: HOW? How exactly do you expect Dothraki to supply themselves, in Westeros, in winter? Do you understand at all how difficult it is to supply an army in medieval conditions? Or you think they are going to contact the US Air Force Air Mobility Command for help? Acquire massive lembas supplies from Lothlorien?

Also, Long Night affected Essos as well. So even if the USAF AMC gives a hand, where exactly will they be getting the food to fly to Westeros in the first place?

8 hours ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

I have seen a post or two from you before.  You seen intent on marginalizing the Dothraki. 

No, @Aldarion is intent on using reason and logic to predict a realistic outcome for the Dothraki. Unlike some people here who bother to use neither, who are guided solely by their irrational love/hatred of certain characters, and who never even attempt to engage in or contribute to any reasonable discussion.

For one, the Dothraki will not leave Essos without more than adequate provisions. 

Well then by all means please explain where these provisions are coming from. I have asked many of your fellow Dothraki fans before and none have provided an answer.

They are not stupid like Robb Stark. 

They can't build a bloody house and need to shit in holes in the ground. They cannot build anything for themselves without the help of slaves, they must be the most stupid people in the entire series, their entire culture is parasitic. They have not progressed at all over thousands of years.

They are not going to set themselves up for failure. 

They've already set themselves up for failure. 

Essos is a land of abundance in comparison.  The Dothraki will be prepared before they go to Westeros. 

Again, please explain how they will be well prepared. Because right now there is a huge food shortage in Meereen, the only part of Essos Daenerys 'controlled'.

Edited by Craving Peaches