Football: Boehly has a little Lamp

Bellingham is too offensive minded to replace Partey.

If Arsenal had that kinda cash lying around, he'd be an upgrade on Xhaka. For Jorginho, possibly, slightly different skillset however.

If hewere to sign for Liverpool he wouldn't be a replacement for Fabinho either, because too offensive minded.

Bellingham either works as a playmaker or b2b player. If you want him on the 6, you need another more defensive minded defensive midfielder to supplement him.

Bellingham isn't awful defensively, but his first inclination is to join the attack, not to hold the fort.

12 minutes ago, Mexal said:

Money.

Apart from Salah, nobody is earning silly money in that dressing room. I don't think we'd have any problem dropping £200-250k per week on one of the best young midfielders in the world. And the doubts over Klopp make it even less likely he'd choose Liverpool over us.

It all depends what motivates him. If it's purely sporting, then he chooses us. Especially if we are reigning champions.

If it's all about the money, then United would probably be the most attractive option. Though, chances of winning bundles of titles under Ten Hag are high. 

City? Not a chance. Unless Bellingham fancies getting kicked all over the place every week in League 2.

Chelsea? Lol.

Edited by Spockydog

2 hours ago, Raja said:

What a lovely goal by Simms against everton. love to see it

Honestly didn't think he had that in him. I was surprised at how easily he first glided past and then held off Koulibaly. And then he managed to get it past Kepa too. 

Very unexpected, but very satisfying!

15 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Tell me why any top player chooses Liverpool over Arsenal right now.

If Arsenal do win the league this season then, even if Bellingham comes in and you win another, he's part of the team. Respected, for sure, but an addition to an already-functioning system. 

If he goes to Liverpool and helps win the league, he's on course to be a legend. Hell, even if he doesn't he's on course to be a legend. Like, look at the reverence for Gerrard: imagine how they'd react to an actually great midfielder in their midst. 

17 hours ago, polishgenius said:

Bellingham at Liverpool would be a Henderson replacement. 

Obviously, but the question was would Bellingham work as Partey replacement for Arsenal, and Partey is role wise much closer to Fabinho at Liverpool. The guy that is mainly tasked with the defensive clean up in midfield. And that's clearly not Bellingham.

Bellingham is not a six, he is more of an eight. If you want to deploy him on the six he needs a more defensive minded player next to him, that covers when gets forward. So he is really not a Partey, Casemiro, Fabinho sorta player.

At City he would be a replacement for Gündogan (or at least that'd be my assumption). At Liverpool he would occupy one of the two midfield positions in front of Fabinho (the role Henderson plays as you pointed out).

Edited by A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, polishgenius said:

If Arsenal do win the league this season then, even if Bellingham comes in and you win another, he's part of the team. Respected, for sure, but an addition to an already-functioning system. 

If he goes to Liverpool and helps win the league, he's on course to be a legend. Hell, even if he doesn't he's on course to be a legend. Like, look at the reverence for Gerrard: imagine how they'd react to an actually great midfielder in their midst. 

We have more than enough room for legends at this club. Plenty of people still talk about some of our players from twenty years ago as if they were gods.

Edited by Spockydog

8 hours ago, Rorschach - 2 said:

Honestly didn't think he had that in him. I was surprised at how easily he first glided past and then held off Koulibaly. And then he managed to get it past Kepa too. 

Very unexpected, but very satisfying!

Yeah, every bit of that goal was good. Surprised he got past Koulibaly that easily but the defender was probably too square

Re: Bellingham - liverpool have had an off season but money, klopp and their recent successes means it's a reasonable places for him to end up at. I don't see us spending that much money to get him. Then again, I don't want us spending a lot to get Rice but we probably will

In other news. Özil announced his immediate retirement.

At his peak (~2009-2016) he was a magnificient player. That's how I'd like to remember him, and not as this washed up player and Erdogan poodle he has turned into.

In other news. Özil announced his immediate retirement.

At his peak (~2009-2016) he was a magnificient player. That's how I'd like to remember him, and not as this washed up player and Erdogan poodle he has turned into.