Football: Boehly has a little Lamp

A Horse Named Stranger

1 hour ago, baxus said:

Why the Everton&West Ham "hate"? What am I missing? I've never had strong emotion about either, one way or another.

I do think it's a shame that Everton is run the way it's run, though.

West Ham because of their fans, Everton because of how badly run they have been.  Though being outside the premier league when their new stadium opens would be a bit shit for them.  

We're terribly run, won't even consider trying protest that part.

With a manager now in place, we have a shot at staying up. The change on the pitch has been obvious. Too late? That's the question now.

6 hours ago, BigFatCoward said:

West Ham because of their fans, Everton because of how badly run they have been.  Though being outside the premier league when their new stadium opens would be a bit shit for them.  

And I was confused why you were cheering for Newcastle Ashley years. Yep, they deserved the drop for being badly run.

Dycheball is gonna save Everton.

Leicester are bang in trouble. And Palace is gonna depend so much on how Hodgson fits with a team now built on completely different principles to his. Like I could see going in what Dyche was gonna aim for with Everton. I don't really see how Hodgson's gonna do with Palace. Baffling decision.

I’d like to see any team playing Dycheball get relegated.  Ironically, that’s the Faustian pact that actually staves off relegation.  I’m stuck in a paradox.

Aside from their semiannual clogging of Liverpool players, I’d be sad to see Everton as a club relegated.

West Ham’s skinhead legions OTOH can fuck right off, and take Chelsea with them. 

Saliba is out for the forseeable future, if not the rest of the season. With Tomiyasu out we're looking very light on the right side of defense.

Bobby Holding is alright, but he can get found out, especially those tough games against City, Newcastle & Liverpool

At this point, I reckon we're about as close to be dismantled as a club owing to catastrophal economic mismanagement, rather than just mismanagement on the sporting side. There is a *lot* of work to do to get us back on some sort of track.

How Dyche will work out, both in the short and long term, I can't say. In a way, this is similar to when Moyes came in. He was very much a "defense first"-manager, and, I'd say, not unlike when he started to what Dyche is now. So perhaps, given time and a bit of funding, Dyche can change somewhat? He never did have funding at Burnley. 

Having seen it only for a split second, my impression might be wrong but Liverpool's defensive positioning was piss poor for that goal. I get that there were a couple of great passes between City players that would've messed up any defense in the world at least a bit, but still...

9 minutes ago, MercenaryChef said:

very nice of city to spot Liverpool a goal and having haaland sit it out.  

Nobody cares about this match, the big game is tomorrow.

My nephew is flying over from Norway for his first game in person, i bet he's a little curse.

Archived