UK Politics - Asset stripping on a national scale

Which Tyler

On 3/17/2023 at 12:11 AM, A wilding said:

On the budget:

Free childcare is obviously good. But I note that it is only going to "start" being phased in in over a year's time, i.e. probably not until shortly before the next election. Which means they can smugly hand over something popular but unaffordable to whoever wins that election.

A budget is meant to lay out the govt's spending plans for the coming 12 months. It's playing games to announce free childcare in a budget when it's not going to be implemented in the financial year, and possibly not even in this parliamentary term.

47 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Humberside Police little better than the Met apparently 

UK policing needs massive change

https://news.sky.com/story/new-police-misogyny-claims-serving-humberside-officer-says-female-recruits-seen-as-fresh-meat-12839703

I’m not sure any amount of change will fix the problems with policing. Not all cops are bad people, but the profession will always appeal to bad people and no amount of screening will weed them all out. What’s frightening here in the US, among other things, is how systemically police forces have been infiltrated by white supremacists.

Slippin' Rishi using Bozo's squirming as the ideal opportunity to get his tax returns out there. £400k might seem a lot, but that would suggest he earned *only* around £2m.

But isn't the dude a billionaire? 

Edited by Spockydog

14 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Slippin' Rishi using Bozo's squirming as the ideal opportunity to get his tax returns out there. £400k might seem a lot, but that would suggest he earned *only* around £2m.

But isn't the dude a billionaire? 

His wife’s family are. 

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

It's the same all over the world, no? Cops on the whole are largely corrupt, power hungry tossers.

I can't speak to the entire world, but generally there’s a reason why the military and policing appeals to conservative minded people and things like teaching and journalism appeals to more liberal minded individuals. Or as the saying goes when I was in school, liberals study poli sci and conservatives major in marketing.

Edited by Tywin et al.

34 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

So it's not just coppers we need to fear. Council rangers? Jfc. How is this legal? 

I'm calling bullshit on 'won't tell her where he is'. First thing you have to do on detaining a juvenile is inform the parents. You can't progress it until the appropriate adult arrives. 

10 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Yeah, i'm sure Sussex Police, like every other force, never mistreats young black people whilst breaking every regulation in the book. 

I know who I believe. 

The person with an axe to grind about the police by any chance?  It could be something as simple as he hasn't even arrived at a custody suite yet, so they can't tell her where he is. Or he isn't disclosing his details so the station are having issues with informing parents. 

In custody you literally can't move on until you inform the parents. And it's all on camera.  Either way, I'm telling you this is bollocks. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

Why would you assume that she has an axe to grind? What do you know about this woman? 

Anyways, with Pippa Crerar all up in their shit, I guess the truth will out. 

But, regardless, I do not recall any change in the law that would allow for council employees to assault, handcuff, and detain a british citizen in this fashion.

So whatever happened this afternoon, it was illegal. The police should have arrested those 'rangers' for assault and false imprisonment. 

Edited by Spockydog