UK Politics - Asset stripping on a national scale

Which Tyler

4 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Pfft, he’s talking about his own son saying he needs to ask consent before he can hug him goodnight.

Consent is for strangers isn’t innocuous.

This glib mentality is why grooming of children abuse and rape are so much common in conservative communities, households organizations.

”Consent is when strangers touch your privates—I’m your dad.”

Is a bad lesson to tell a child.

I do honestly hope he doesn’t have a family member or family friend who’d capitalize this.

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

6 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Funny how the left like the play the shouting ‘groomer’ game just as much as anyone else isn’t it. No standards there at all.

Who on this board has accused Lawrence of being a groomer?

Please let’s not wringe over some imagined hypocrisy here.

Its good to teach children the value of consent in physical interaction yes or no?

If no do you truly not understand that many a person in authority has said “it’s okay for me touch you this way because I’m your dad/uncle/priest/prince of England.?

Clarification

22 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

You. How short is your memory.

Please calm down and remain logical. a conservative man is being criticized for being a recklessly irresponsible idiot— not a pedophile.

I don’t need consent to kiss and touch you this way because I’m x authority figure/relation in your life.”

I won’t accuse him of sexually abusing his son, but his response makes his son at more risk of it especially from a family member who knows this kid’s father said consent is when strangers touch your privates.

I’m privy to just think he like many conservatives are really ignorant  when it comes to what grooming children into sex actually looks like typically.

19 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

As usual the answer falls somewhere between heartofice on one side and varysblackfyre on the other. 

I am not surprised by this response. You’re generally a good faith intelligent actor. I think everything I’ve said relatively reasonable.

Im not saying every/any parent whose kissed and hugged their kids without expressed consent is some monster.

But the response Laurence gave to his son’s asking for him to ask for consent for physical affection was really bad.

The accusation isn't that Fox is defending or deliberately promoting groomers or groomer tactics. It's that he's an idiot who, having seen his kids been taught something that he sees as 'woke', he's disagreed with it in the dumbest possible way because he has to be on his anti-woke crusade at all times.

But I think you knew this, because both me and Varys explicitly said we don't think he's a groomer.

2 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

But I think you knew this, because both me and Varys explicitly said we don't think he's a groomer.

No, you said that. Varys said it’s “literally textbook groomer shit”. Surprised you missed that seeing as you literally replied to his post.

9 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I’m being very logical of course. You accused someone of being a groomer, something you have been railing against for months, only to then flat out deny something that is written down as evidence for the world too see

I don’t need consent to kiss and touch you this way because I’m x authority figure/relation in your life.”

I won’t accuse him of sexually abusing his son, but his response makes his son at more risk of it especially from a family member who knows this kid’s father said consent is when strangers touch your privates.

Listen if you want to get into argument about whether or not  he’s a pedo take it up with someone whose actually making the accusation against him.

Again let me be clear I personally don’t think he’s a groomer—I’ve stated I think he like most  conservatives really ignorant on what grooming actually looks like typically—if he wasn’t I suspect he wouldn’t have given the response he did which I saw more due to ego and again ignorance.

15 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Owen Jones

Okay I’m just going to leave an emoji here. :hat:

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

No, you said that. Varys said it’s “literally textbook groomer shit”. Surprised you missed that seeing as you literally replied to his post.

Yes, his reply is what groomers use—

Noting his response is what actual groomers use isn’t synonymous with saying he’s a groomer.

Hence me painstakingly clarifying I don’t think he’s a groomer in the original post and subsequent posts 

He probably has innocuous intentions with his words—but the response of consent being a matter for strangers puts his child at greater risk if he does have someone in his family’s life that does want to take advantage of his kids.

7 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Great so you take back your comment that this is “literally textbook groomer shit” then

The comment is fine in context

I honestly  can’t help if you’re offended by it.

Anyway do you see any problems with framing consent(especially for physical contact like kissing, touching your genitals) to a child as an issue solely involving strangers and not people like your dad?

9 minutes ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

The comment is fine in context

I honestly  can’t help if you’re offended by it.

Anyway do you see any problems with framing consent(especially for physical contact like kissing, touching your genitals) to a child as an issue solely involving strangers and not people like your dad?

I think there is a massive difference between what you are accusing Fox of saying and the actual context and content of that clip ( ironic given you just claimed to be taken out of context, which you weren’t by the way)

Fox is not saying that abuse only happens with strangers, or that fathers cannot abuse kids. He is simply stating that his own son has been taught some half understood lines about consent at a very young age, and taught very poorly as to what it means. He then clearly states that he teaches his son what consent actually means.

If I kissed my daughter goodnight tonight and she said ‘ no daddy you need to ask for consent’ I’d all be straight down the school tomorrow and tell them why they are doing a bad job of teaching kids. You not understanding the difference between what Fox is actually saying and your imagined version of what he’s saying just tells me you don’t have children and spend too much time on the internet.

Edited by Heartofice

2 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

i doubt anyone would be getting riled up by this ordinarlly, if Fox wasn't almost certainly the biggest man baby arse goblin i've ever heard of. 

Yes this is entirely because people hate Fox and think he’s a dick. Which is exactly why suddenly the Groomer label is seen as acceptable to throw around.