UK Politics - Asset stripping on a national scale

Which Tyler

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/national/486733/posie-parker-departs-new-zealand-jk-rowling-blasts-protest-as-repellent

Posie-Parker has went on podcasts with white Nationalists, had a speaker at one of her events say gender ideology is a modern day version big lie Hitler and had Nazi memorabilia on her pfp on social media.

But she says trans bad ergo she’s a hero to all women in Rowling’s eyes. 
Oh she’s also framing the protesters as universally men.

Should be noted women protesting the Nazi lady were also assaulted and that again men are more likely to agree with terf talking points(especially conservative men) then women(especially women who call themselves feminist).
Oh she also retweeted something showcasing her lack of understanding of gay rights protests

Oh I found really funny cartoon. 

Edited by Varysblackfyre321

[mod] Small topical note:

The previous few posts concern demonstrations in New Zealand. Not in the UK. Yes, JK Rowling is British and intervenes in UK politics on this subject and I get that her comments are arguably therefore relevant to the thread. But what I'd prefer to avoid is a situation where any discussion of TERFism/trans rights anywhere in the world gets stuck in the UK Politics thread by default. Can we be mindful of that, please? Thank you. [/mod]

4 minutes ago, mormont said:

The previous few posts concern demonstrations in New Zealand. Not in the UK. Yes, JK Rowling is British and intervenes in UK politics on this subject and I get that her comments are arguably therefore relevant to the thread. But what I'd prefer to avoid is a situation where any discussion of TERFism/trans rights anywhere in the world gets stuck in the UK Politics thread by default. Can we be mindful of that, please? Thank you. [/mod]

Apologies—I’ll move the conversation over to the New Zealand thread.

I think its absurd and dangerous that MP's can have second jobs, but he led by donkeys sting is really nothing.  Much as I like slagging of Kwarteng and Hancock, i don't see how they have done anything remotely a problem under current rules. 

10 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

I think its absurd and dangerous that MP's can have second jobs, but he led by donkeys sting is really nothing.  Much as I like slagging of Kwarteng and Hancock, i don't see how they have done anything remotely a problem under current rules. 

Nothing illegal, but they’re on the verge of accepting large amounts of money for a nebulous job from a company based in a foreign country, with only a vage description of what it does - that in fact doesnt even exist! They’ve clearly done little or no homework on it.

Also, they’re supposed to be working for their hard-pressed constituents trying to deal with massively rising costs (in part thanks to Kwarteng), not fucking off to the jungle (Hancock) or working for some random Korean company.

They were not being offered 10k a month due to their staggering intellects but simply because they were in the Cabinet, are in the ruling party abd have access to the PM etc.

They’re basically being hired to use their influence to help this company which could very well be a front for a foreign government or criminal group, to help them navigate British laws. As it is, its a fictional company but ehat if it wasn’t?

11 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Nothing illegal, but they’re on the verge of accepting large amounts of money for a nebulous job from a company based in a foreign country, with only a vage description of what it does - that in fact doesnt even exist! They’ve clearly done little or no homework on it.

Also, they’re supposed to be working for their hard-pressed constituents trying to deal with massively rising costs (in part thanks to Kwarteng), not fucking off to the jungle (Hancock) or working for some random Korean company.

They were not being offered 10k a month due to their staggering intellects but simply because they were in the Cabinet, are in the ruling party abd have access to the PM etc.

They’re basically being hired to use their influence to help this company which could very well be a front for a foreign government or criminal group, to help them navigate British laws. As it is, its a fictional company but ehat if it wasn’t?

Yeah, but we already know they are all grasping, corrupt fucks, this is not news.  Unless they are getting found being criminal I don't see how this moves the needle at all. 

Edited by BigFatCoward

How about this? You want to be an MP? Fine. Then quit all your other jobs once elected, and don't take another until the voters kick you out again.

That's it.

Simple.

Edited by Spockydog

On 3/25/2023 at 9:31 PM, Derfel Cadarn said:

If the kid doesnt want a kiss/hug then that should be respected.

It’s hit and miss if my four year old wanta a kiss before she goes to sleep, and we respect that. 
You don’t need a wrotten permission slip, simply a “do you want a kiss from x?”

Ignoring the other parts of the conversation to say it's this right here. If you want your kids to truly internalize that they have bodily autonomy, then you need to demonstrate that to them by respecting it even when they're just being a little shit. Absent actual danger, or a genuine medical issue, if they say they don't want something then you listen to it.

There's absolutely no harm done by asking a kid if they can have a hug. The job of parents is teaching kids, this is part of that teaching.

6 hours ago, mormont said:

I'm going to beg your indulgence here, it's specifically about JK and reactions to her comments not actually the rally/counter protest in NZ. Also I'm not trying to kick that argument off again, merely sharing for amusement.

Edited by karaddin

Here’s the Kwarteng job ‘interview’. He’s in his secretary’s office in parliament(!) as he coukdnt get his own computer to work or something. Surely this is a big no-no!

not watched it all yet, but he was bragging about reading geopolitixal stuff 

A lot of booze on the shelf behind him.

Also worth noting he says he can do a Zoom meeting at a minute’s notice. I doubt his constituents enjoy that level of access, I hope they try

Edited by Derfel Cadarn

3 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

Guess what the winning margin was?

52-48

Not 55-45? That would have been more appropriate.

Not a huge fan of his, but better than the Handmaiden.

Interesting that we have a Hindu UK PM and and Muslim Scottish First Minister, both of Asian origin. The Scottish Labour leader is also Muslim I believe.

1 minute ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The Scottish Labour leader is also Muslim I believe.

He is. IIRC, one of the right-wing columnists got him mixed up with Yousaf and talked about how Sarwar was the wrong choice for SNP leader. Which he was, to be fair. :p

2 hours ago, mormont said:

He is. IIRC, one of the right-wing columnists got him mixed up with Yousaf and talked about how Sarwar was the wrong choice for SNP leader. Which he was, to be fair. :p

Ouch. “Sorry, got him confused with the other one.”

edit: wasnt actually said but clearly the sentiment

Edited by Derfel Cadarn