UK Politics - Asset stripping on a national scale

Which Tyler

49 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

My shit car finally died. When did used cars become so expensive? 

And which Tory PM can I blame? 

As someone who works in the car manufacturing industry  I can tell you 2020 and the great chip shortage.   we still can't get enough chips to run full production.

this means not enough new cars are made, thus old cars stay expensive.

18 hours ago, Pebble thats Stubby said:

As someone who works in the car manufacturing industry  I can tell you 2020 and the great chip shortage.   we still can't get enough chips to run full production.

this means not enough new cars are made, thus old cars stay expensive.

That will look like a vacation if China invades Taiwan.  

17 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Fox-bagging. Despicable.

This is the blood sport the Toriea want  made fully legal again

Can you imagine the fucking mentality of someone that does that. Why isn't that a 20 year sentence? What a bunch of pathetic cunts. 

7 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Yet another example of why this man is not to be trusted with anything. He is as much a liar as all the fucking rest of 'em. I hope his scrotum falls off. :ack:

This is about Starmer/Labour trying to stop Corbyn from running as a Labour candidate?

Corbyn is sitting as an independent MP after his expulsion from Labour (parliamentary group), so him running as Labour candidate, to be (probably) seated as an indepedent again just looks absurd.

Pick any cabinet minister at random. Congratulations, you found a considerably more duplicitous person in British politics than Keir Starmer.

Look, I get that Starmer is being way, way too timid, and has embraced triangulation literally to a fault in an attempt to win over voters who probably won't support him anyway . I am annoyed and disgusted that he has as a result chucked a number of vulnerable people under the bus.

But Corbyn chucked himself under the bus after being an utter disaster as Labour leader. Nobody is to blame for that particular situation but Jeremy Corbyn.

54 minutes ago, mormont said:

Pick any cabinet minister at random. Congratulations, you found a considerably more duplicitous person in British politics than Keir Starmer.

Look, I get that Starmer is being way, way too timid, and has embraced triangulation literally to a fault in an attempt to win over voters who probably won't support him anyway.

The operative theory here is that many natural Tory voters are disgusted at Tory economic incompetence, sleaze and factionalism.  Starmer has a chance to win them as the milquetoast alternative.  It's not that different from the Blair/Brown revolution in the Labour party in 1994-7. 

Of course, Blair wasn't just superb at dodging Tory attacks.  He was also excellent at branding himself as delivering what the public wanted ("Ask me my three main priorities for Government, and I tell you: education, education and education.")  ("tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime"). 

We are yet to see Starmer do that in any way that breaks through to the public consciousness.