UK Politics - Asset stripping on a national scale

Which Tyler

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

*raises hand*

Mr Sunak, why did you give public money to a company your wife holds shares in, whilst failing to declare any of it in the Register of Members' Financial Interests?

Shame is dead.

On 4/14/2023 at 4:34 AM, The Anti-Targ said:

You answered your own question...EVERYONE goes there. Auckland is full(ish).

Having lived therefor 7 years I was glad to leave, and the only reason I ever visit is to see family. Though obviously a large proportion of its 1.6 million population have a different opinion.

Yeah, my number 1 reason to move to that side of the world is to be close to family. Though I've always been someone who has lived in relatively big cities. I think Reading has been the smallest place I've lived in. My sister who is over there doesn't live in the city proper but a little outside it though she's been in or around Auckland for the last 15+ years.

The only other thing that could affect it would be hospitals and which ones are the trauma centers on the north island.

4 hours ago, Raja said:

Yeah, my number 1 reason to move to that side of the world is to be close to family. Though I've always been someone who has lived in relatively big cities. I think Reading has been the smallest place I've lived in. My sister who is over there doesn't live in the city proper but a little outside it though she's been in or around Auckland for the last 15+ years.

The only other thing that could affect it would be hospitals and which ones are the trauma centers on the north island.

I would assume Auckland, Hamilton and Wellington as the 3 biggest cities in the North Island. But don't quote me on it.

The only interesting thing about this human equivalent of a dog show, where the most inbred, pardon, pure blooded entry wins a ribbon or a crown comes down to one question.

Which of those three gets to carry the name TRoKAP. Chuck, the rapist, or the ginger. All can lay claim to the title The ROyal Formerly Known As Prince.

Otherwise just get this dog show over with, give him his ribbon and be done with it for crying out loud. 

Rishi Sunak is Still Trying to Hide His Financial Interests

After weeks of headlines about the Prime Minister’s failure to publicly declare his wife’s shares in a childcare company which his own Government has handed subsidies to, Downing Street has now finally published an update to its register of ministerial interests.

The update is quite spectacularly unrevealing. While details of Rishi Sunak’s involvement with his local rotary club, brass band and community pub are included on the register, significant details of his own personal financial investments, and those of his wife, are not.

Asked on Wednesday by Byline Times why such potentially massive conflicts of interests had been excluded, a spokesperson for Sunak insisted that only such declarations judged to be “relevant” had been added to the list.

This means that while, according to Sunak, the fact the he is a patron of his local brass band is judged to be a “relevant” interest relating to his role as Prime Minister, the fact that his wife is now set to potentially massively financially benefit from a Government policy, is not.

Can we call this fascism yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2023/apr/20/meps-condemn-suella-braverman-over-arrest-of-french-publisher-ernest-moret

MEPs condemn Suella Braverman over arrest of French publisher

Suella Braverman has been condemned by a group of MEPs over the arrest in London of a French publisher who was interrogated by counter-terrorist police about his political views and “anti-government” contacts.

ARTICLE CONTINUES

Edited by Which Tyler

Sunak to ‘sleep on it’ before deciding over Raab.

Hardly a sign of exoneration. More like “I need to punt him, but how badly will it hurt me?”

https://news.sky.com/story/politics-latest-pm-to-give-major-speech-in-belfast-as-the-snp-fears-sturgeon-arrest-is-imminent-12593360