UK Politics - Asset stripping on a national scale

Which Tyler

If I was Starmer I would be keeping my lying mouth firmly shut on the subject of protecting paedos.

1. Starmer sat on the council that set the sentencing guidelines that ruled that not all child sexual abuse cases should result in a custodial sentence. Emily Thornberry, when repeatedly asked if Stamer objected to this at the time, turned on the bluster. Oh, and Sunak wasn't even an MP at the time. 

2. Starmer was DPP when both Sussex and Surrey police interviewed Jimmy Savile under caution. And there is no fucking way that the file did not cross Starmer's desk. Absolutely no way. 

2 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Team Scotland … Team GB (Great Britain) … same difference!

what’s even more cringe is that it’s a Scottish paper. Guessing the Scottishness begins and ends with the paper’s title.

To be fair looking it up they are the Team GB curling team from the last Olympics. There also doesn’t appear to be an England, Wales or Northern Irish curling team competing. So, yeah, it pretty much is the same thing.

46 minutes ago, ljkeane said:

To be fair looking it up they are the Team GB curling team from the last Olympics. There also doesn’t appear to be an England, Wales or Northern Irish curling team competing. So, yeah, it pretty much is the same thing.

Really isn’t! When they’re playing as team GB, they’re team GB wins. When they’re playing as Scotland, they’re Scotland!

3 hours ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

Really isn’t! When they’re playing as team GB, they’re team GB wins. When they’re playing as Scotland, they’re Scotland!

They’re like Andy Murray - British when they win and Scottish when they lose

5 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

They’re like Andy Murray - British when they win and Scottish when they lose

Yes, he gets more anglo-saxon with every victory.

When he won Wimbledon, I half-expected speculation and ‘proof’ that he was descended from Alfred the Great.

Spot on. 

1. Promise an end to the ridiculous culture wars. 

2. Promise an end to austerity. 

3. Promise to fix the NHS. 

4. Win. 

All this other crap designed to give boners to gammons is just so wrong. Fuck those people. They already have the Tories and Farage's mob. 

The austerity experiment has already gutted the public services in the country

I know they are only predictions but the IMF predicting that we're going to be one of the worst performing economies this year is not great

12 minutes ago, Raja said:

I know they are only predictions but the IMF predicting that we're going to be one of the worst performing economies this year is not great

But you're free from the tyranny of your neighbors*!!! 

*checks notes, maybe not so much from your own oligarchs though, or the outside ones they're in bed with

Golliwog landlady is doubling down and replacing the ones that were seized by the police, stupid old fucker. 

Also turns out her other half is quite the online hate spreader.  Another Braverman masterpiece, saying police shouldn't be involved. 

46 minutes ago, BigFatCoward said:

Golliwog landlady is doubling down and replacing the ones that were seized by the police, stupid old fucker. 

Also turns out her other half is quite the online hate spreader.  Another Braverman masterpiece, saying police shouldn't be involved. 

Most people should consider those dolls racist and inappropriate to display or own. I bet that couple are a bit racist too.

However, it’s a bit of a generational thing. Growing up those dolls were everywhere, I remember my GP had them in his office when I went there as a kid. Collecting them was a bit like collecting those porcelain pigs that NatWest would give you. I doubt those people were owning them because they wanted to display their racism, they just liked collecting. Then once society decides they are bad and that generation doesn’t understand the fuss they dig their heels in. 

Should the police be involved though? Seems a bit rich to complain about Police time being wasted on petty matters like a corruption case against a major political party, if you don’t also think it’s a waste of police time to be hunting down anyone who owns the wrong type of dolls. 

10 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

Most people should consider those dolls racist and inappropriate to display or own. I bet that couple are a bit racist too.

Should the police be involved though? Seems a bit rich to complain about Police time being wasted on petty matters like a corruption case against a major political party, if you don’t also think it’s a waste of police time to be hunting down anyone who owns the wrong type of dolls. 

To your first, he in particular appears to be a horrible racist

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/essex-pub-golliwog-landlord-lynchings-b2317944.html

To the second, it didn't need 5 officers certainly.  I could have dealt by myself in 5 minutes

'take them down' 

'no'

'take them down or i'm going arrest you and seize them anyway, and i'm popping in intermittently and if they are back up when i come back you are getting arrested'

'ok'. 

1 hour ago, BigFatCoward said:

To your first, he in particular appears to be a horrible racist

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/essex-pub-golliwog-landlord-lynchings-b2317944.html

To the second, it didn't need 5 officers certainly.  I could have dealt by myself in 5 minutes

'take them down' 

'no'

'take them down or i'm going arrest you and seize them anyway, and i'm popping in intermittently and if they are back up when i come back you are getting arrested'

'ok'. 

The pub landlord was apparently photogrpahed in a Britain First t-shirt…

Not a racist though, that shirt just happened to be convenient at the time.

And they used the dolls to depict black people being lynched

Surely for the shirt to be 'convenient at the time', he needed to have the shirt around?

Also:

Asked about Mr Ryley’s Facebook posts and references to lynchings and Generation Identity, she said: “I don’t know anything about that, you’d have to ask my husband but I can assure you that my husband and I are not racist at all. At all.

We run under India Inns, Grays Limited, we had an Indian partner before he was killed in a car accident. We do Indian weddings, we have many cultures come into our pub and none of them would ever say we’re rude to them or anything like that, we welcome them all.

... does she think this company is Indian because it has India in its name?

31 minutes ago, mormont said:

Surely for the shirt to be 'convenient at the time', he needed to have the shirt around?

Also:

... does she think this company is Indian because it has India in its name?

The wife failed to explain just how a t-shirt you have to buy from Britain First (I doubt Primark sell them) just happened to be ‘convenient’.

But who among us hasn’t gone to a fascist website bymistake and accidentally entered our address and CC details, ordering facist-branded clothing?

Anyway the takeaway from this case is that if you think there is anywhere Braverman won't go to court racists in her bid to further her own career, you are sadly mistaken. She is totally without shame, empathy or intelligence.

I recently did some training with a new group of student officers where I explained the Nolan principles of public life to them, as charity trustees who would now be expected to demonstrate these principles. (Selflessness, Integrity, Objectivity, Accountability, Openness, Honesty and Leadership.) It struck me that I can't recall a single occasion on which a single senior member of the present government has demonstrated a single one of these principles. I can think of dozens on which they've wiped their feet on them.

These things aren't legal standards or anything but they're cultural expectations, and the entire idea of Nolan was that when people in high office don't demonstrate these principles, the political culture at all levels of public life rots away. This government is a hollow, rotten log, and how am I supposed to tell a bunch of 20 year olds that they have to be a better example to others than the Home Secretary?

Archived