DC Cinematic Universe: Let the Blames Begin

16 minutes ago, RumHam said:

This is still in the old dying universe, correct? I can't be the only one who feels like "wake me up when the new continuity starts." 

I think they’re having their cake and eating it; Flashpoint is rebooting some stuff, but other stuff (coincidentally the stuff they already had on the slate) carries on. 

But I had to google that, so the average cinema goer will probably assume as you did, as they appear to have done for Shazam 2 and stay at home. I imagine Gunn’s Superman will be the first to get me to the cinema (not including Flashpoint).

40 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

I wonder if the point WB/DC thought ‘fuck this, we gotta change something!’ was seeing the first cut of Blue Beetle.

Maybe,  but could just have likely been any movie they made recently 

I dunno... they cancelled the Batgirl movie.  So it must have been exponentially worse.

You know, for all the problems the trailer had, it's the voice of the AI that bothers me the most. I always expected the voice to be more scary, but it sounds too friendly for some daft reason.

12 minutes ago, sifth said:

You know, for all the problems the trailer had, it's the voice of the AI that bothers me the most. I always expected the voice to be more scary, but it sounds too friendly for some daft reason.

So more like the voice in MoonKnight… which is kinda the same origin as here in some ways. :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Rhom said:

So more like the voice in MoonKnight… which is kinda the same origin as here in some ways. :lol: 

Yea, that's a good one. Though the voice STEM from Upgrade would be my ideal voice for the part.

2 hours ago, sifth said:

Keep. Summer. Safe.

I would totally not be surprised at all if it's the voice of Rick Sanchez' car. They sound very similar.

8 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

Keep. Summer. Safe.

I would totally not be surprised at all if it's the voice of Rick Sanchez' car. They sound very similar.

Yea, Kari Wahlgren is a legend. That episode was really good.

On 4/8/2023 at 12:22 AM, IlyaP said:

Oh man, it has that intangible sludge look to its colors. What is this, a Marvel movie? :D

Bigger question is, what's that "dude" doing working at the museum in Athens? He seems awfully "Southern California" for someone who should have a Greek accent. 

I dunno. I do intend on seeing this sometime, but I'm afraid whatever virtues or flaws this movie has will always be overshadowed by its failure at the box office. It's a now virtual certainty that this thing will not reach Morbius' cume, which is less than DC: League of Super Pets (which I liked), and less than half of Black Adam. Yikes. 

And this is in the same month where other sequels have set franchise records and Mario Brothers is having a huge opening. There have to be people at WB who're scratching their heads over this. Marvel Studios too for that matter. 

Leaning into the Sopranos style font with the red lettering and such.

I posted about HBO changing their streaming name to Max.  This really drives it home.  I have no tie to the "Max" name while HBO talks prestige shows to me.  I think its a huge marketing mistake.

19 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I posted about HBO changing their streaming name to Max.  This really drives it home.  I have no tie to the "Max" name while HBO talks prestige shows to me.  I think its a huge marketing mistake.

The circle in the 'a' likely tries to evoke the HBO logo. 

2 hours ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

Man even though I've seen The Batman, I'm still amazed by that make-up job.

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Definitely got Sopranos (crossed with Al Capone) vibes.

Yeah, there's some real Gandolfini-ness to his appearance that I didn't think of when I saw the film. I think it works. I'm interested.

I do wonder what the plan is for HBO Max in Europe, or Sweden anyways. We have some sweet "life time" deal which is like ... €5 per month for "life", whereas regular is now nearer to €9 per month. If they announce this in Europe and say, "HBO Max is ending", I'm guessing they'll offer a one-off discount for a year and then back to regular rates after that. That will be quite the boost up in pricing, admittedly, but so far HBO has most of the shows I want to watch.