Silent Arya

On 3/29/2023 at 8:38 PM, kissdbyfire said:

Pardon my French, but give me a fucking break. I have never seen you and your mates show any interest whatsoever in actually engaging w/ others in real debates about the books. All you do is spew ridiculous and moronic “arguments” aimed at dissing characters/houses you don’t like. That’s all you lot ever do, end of.
Trying to disguise any argument as a “demand for justice” or whatever doesn’t fly b/c even the freshest nOObs are already onto you guys and your MO; in fact, I think new members probably catch on this dumb af behaviour within 10 minutes of joining. But since this is all you seem to be capable of doing to “contribute”, have at it. And those of us who see clearly what you’re doing will keep shooting these idiotic claims down. 

Well said!!!

On 4/1/2023 at 3:58 AM, Only 89 selfies today said:

Arya Stark is on the receiving end of a lot of dislikes and criticisms because she is guilty of terrible crimes.  It is not trolling to attack Arya Stark.  She deserves it.  Rickon gets very little hate because he has done nothing to earn it.  Arya has.  This  excuse from some of her defenders that attacks on Arya is trolling is not valid. 

Definitely not trolling to point out Arya’s bad behavior.  It’s a fair topic for discussion.

7 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Definitely not trolling to point out Arya’s bad behavior.

It is if you do it in irrelevant threads with zero evidence and ignore all criticism of the idea.

8 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

It’s a fair topic for discussion.

There was already a thread to do that in but for some reason another was made, not to mention it is brought up all the time in irrelevant threads.

6 minutes ago, James West said:

Arya Stark is not going to stop killing until she dies or she murders everyone on her list.  Then she will kill people who cross her in some fashion.  She will become more wicked than the people on her list.  

Listen, everyone and their aunts already know this type of stupid and shallow comment is all you lot ever do. But since we have to read this shite several times a day everyday, can't you at least be a little more creative? Or perhaps somewhat witty? Because as it is, these comments are not only moronic, but they're repetitive and boring af. *YAWN*

Edited by kissdbyfire

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Listen, everyone and their aunts already know this type of stupid and shallow comment is all you lot ever do. But since we have to read this shite several times a day everyday, can't you at least be a little more creative? Or perhaps somewhat witty? Because as it is, these comments are not only moronic, but they're repetitive and boring ag. *YAWN*

'have to read" 

Is anyone forcing you to read my post?  No. You chose to read.  If you don't like an opinion you are free to ignore it.  You are not being forced to read opinions you don't like.  Your insults and complaints are not going to stop people from expressing their opinions.  

Edited by James West

10 minutes ago, James West said:

'have to read" 

Is anyone forcing you to read my post?  No. You chose to read.  If you don't like an opinion you are free to ignore it.  You are not being forced to read opinions you don't like.  Your insults and complaints are not going to stop people from expressing their opinions.  

You're absolutely correct. For once. 

That was poorly phrased. Let me try again...

I read what you and your mates post b/c im always curious and even hopeful that maybe I'll see something different than the usual rubbish. As I've said a million times already, I don't have a problem w/ people disliking characters. The problem is making stuff up and just repeating dumb and unsupported stuff just to bash characters. 

And please note I did not insult you; my criticism and sarcasm are directed at your arguments, not you. 

Edited by kissdbyfire

7 hours ago, James West said:

If you don't like an opinion you are free to ignore it. 

How free are we though? Because people will bring up their unfounded 'opinions' in completely irrelevant threads, quote posts that have nothing to do with it just to draw attention to the rubbish they want to propagate.

On 4/1/2023 at 3:58 AM, Only 89 selfies today said:

Arya Stark is on the receiving end of a lot of dislikes and criticisms because she is guilty of terrible crimes.  It is not trolling to attack Arya Stark.  She deserves it.  Rickon gets very little hate because he has done nothing to earn it.  Arya has.  This  excuse from some of her defenders that attacks on Arya is trolling is not valid. 

It is very easy to dislike Arya because of what she does. It is even easier to find something to criticize and condemn about her.

1 hour ago, The Commentator said:

It is very easy to dislike Arya because of what she does. It is even easier to find something to criticize and condemn about her.

Guess your glossing over the fact she had her entire family torn away and killed. In the case of Ned, beheaded right in front of her. She had to get rid of her wolf so it wouldn't be killed by the Queen. She witnessed a very ugly side of war, and was just trying not to get captured or killed. Then, when she thought she was right about to be safe at the twins with her Mom and Brother, she saw that hope collapse as well. She had no where to turn. No where to go. 

Totally normal to dislike and want to punish a girl of 10 who was only trying to survive after losing her whole family.

yikes

On 4/4/2023 at 6:46 AM, Bowen 747 said:

Serving the Silent Sisters will be an atonement for Arya's crimes against the dead.  The house of black and white mutilate the dead. 

Punishment is much better. Atonement seems like Arya gets to choose and that would be wrong. 

On 4/4/2023 at 12:07 PM, Northern Sword said:

Guess your glossing over the fact she had her entire family torn away and killed. In the case of Ned, beheaded right in front of her. She had to get rid of her wolf so it wouldn't be killed by the Queen. She witnessed a very ugly side of war, and was just trying not to get captured or killed. Then, when she thought she was right about to be safe at the twins with her Mom and Brother, she saw that hope collapse as well. She had no where to turn. No where to go. 

Totally normal to dislike and want to punish a girl of 10 who was only trying to survive after losing her whole family.

yikes

Arya is not just trying to survive. She kills people for revenge. She even kills innocents like the old man and Dareon. Arya might be young but her crimes are many times worse than most adults in her world. 

2 hours ago, The Commentator said:

Arya is not just trying to survive. She kills people for revenge. She even kills innocents like the old man and Dareon. Arya might be young but her crimes are many times worse than most adults in her world. 

What old man are you talking about? Is it the guy who was screwing widows and orphans by any chance? The one she was ordered to kill? And is describing him as “old man” just a silly and pathetic attempt at making this man seem more sympathetic than he is? 
What a joke of an argument, but can’t say I’m the least bit surprised. *YAWN*

On 3/22/2023 at 2:34 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

appropriate punishment for Arya Stark for the crimes of foul murder.

A fair punishment for crimes already committed is a life time of servitude to the Silent Sisters. 

Too light or just right? 

Too light. She should be forced to marry Elmar and become a Frey. I know some will say forcing a young girl to become a Frey is cruel and unjust but "foul murder" requires truly severe punishment.

57 minutes ago, Groo said:

Too light. She should be forced to marry Elmar and become a Frey. I know some will say forcing a young girl to become a Frey is cruel and unjust but "foul murder" requires truly severe punishment.

Damn, that's harsh!    :angry2:

On 3/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

A lot of talk on the appropriate punishment for Arya Stark for the crimes of foul murder.  Specifically, the murders of Dareon and the Insurance Underwriter.  She is guilty of many more murders but some are claiming those others acts of self-defense.  The old witch saw many more murders in Arya's short future but we can only judge and sentence for crimes already committed.  There is no justice in punishing somebody for what they might do or what they are predicted to do.  And this is about justice. 

Arya has no objections to handing the dead.  A fair punishment for crimes already committed is a life time of servitude to the Silent Sisters.  There obviously has to be a method to keep Arya from running away.  And we can further speculate on how that might be accomplished.  Perhaps a magic binder that will keep Arya bound to the Silent sisters or something of the like. 

This is fair in my opinion.  At least she is given a chance for redemption even though she feels no guilt. 

Comment below and let me know if you consider this too light of a sentence.  Too light or just right? 

The order of the silent sisters are not in the business of treating the mentally disturbed but the calm may help reduce Arya's urge to kill.