Silent Arya

37 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

The tactic of plugging an older ridiculous thread to validate the current ridiculous thread may not be as effective as you may think. 

Do I think there’s a danger that Arya will come to see killing as a solution to every problem?  Do I think the Faceless Men are manipulating her?  Yes.

Do I shed crocodile tears over Daeron or the dishonest broker? No.

Do I cheer the deaths of Chiswick, Raff, and the Tickler, hell yes!

16 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Do I think there’s a danger that Arya will come to see killing as a solution to every problem?  Do I think the Faceless Men are manipulating her?  Yes.

Arya decided to seek that group of madmen and join. She has killed on their behalf. She is manipulated but most the accountability is Arya’s.

Ok. 

Ok. I cheered the deaths of Jon and Robb. 

Another great argument right there! Jon and Robb are worse individuals than Chiswick, Raff and the Tickler. 
And the level of bad faith and intellectual dishonesty just keeps getting worse and worse, to unimaginable new heights. 

30 minutes ago, Darth Sidious said:

Arya decided to seek that group of madmen and join. She has killed on their behalf. She is manipulated but most the accountability is Arya’s.

Ok. 

I’m sure you did, because you admire evil acts and people.

”Evil is attracted to evil”, as Pinhead puts it.

Edited by SeanF

On 4/7/2023 at 1:03 PM, SeanF said:

On 4/7/2023 at 1:23 PM, Darth Sidious said:

Ok. 

On 4/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, SeanF said:

I’m sure you did, because you admire evil acts and people.

”Evil is attracted to evil”, as Pinhead puts it.

Sean.  The only difference here are the story characters.  Jon Snow was a man whose decisions will cause more deaths and sorrow to the kingdom compared to what Raff and Tickler has ever done.  Or could have done.  It was more important for Jon to die because he has done more harm and would have continued to do more harm if Bowen had not killed him.  Robb's war caused more suffering and sorrow than anything Raff and Tickler has done.  So Darth cheering for the deaths of Jon and Robb is no different from you having no sympathy for Dareon and cheering the deaths of the men you don't like.

1 minute ago, Rondo said:

Jon Snow was a man whose decisions will cause more deaths and sorrow to the kingdom compared to what Raff and Tickler has ever done. 

What fan fiction are you reading now?

1 minute ago, Rondo said:

It was more important for Jon to die because he has done more harm and would have continued to do more harm if Bowen had not killed him.

What harm? Speaking of harm, the lack of reading comprehension displayed by this post will soon cause irreparable mental harm due to great exasperation.

4 hours ago, Rondo said:

Sean.  The only difference here are the story characters.  Jon Snow was a man whose decisions will cause more deaths and sorrow to the kingdom compared to what Raff and Tickler has ever done.  Or could have done.  It was more important for Jon to die because he has done more harm and would have continued to do more harm if Bowen had not killed him.  Robb's war caused more suffering and sorrow than anything Raff and Tickler has done.  So Darth cheering for the deaths of Jon and Robb is no different from you having no sympathy for Dareon and cheering the deaths of the men you don't like.

That is one of the most outlandish claims that has ever been posted on here.

Characters who are the victims of evil people are bound to be more sympathetic than evil people.

4 hours ago, Rondo said:

Robb's war caused more suffering and sorrow than anything Raff and Tickler has done.

Of course, every battle commander or general is automatically evil. His orders led to large numbers of deaths and casualties in every battle. Clearly, they are all monsters. Serial killers, on the other hand, are tame and not really that bad. Most only kill a handful of people which is nothing compared to the atrocities of leaders.

Wait, let me guess. You're going to switch gears and claim the issue is that "Robb's war" was unjust and unnecessary. You'll just move the goal posts to talking about intent and purpose, ignoring that people like Raff and Tickler miserably fail any moral test that isn't simply body counts.

On 3/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

A lot of talk on the appropriate punishment for Arya Stark for the crimes of foul murder.  Specifically, the murders of Dareon and the Insurance Underwriter.  She is guilty of many more murders but some are claiming those others acts of self-defense.  The old witch saw many more murders in Arya's short future but we can only judge and sentence for crimes already committed.  There is no justice in punishing somebody for what they might do or what they are predicted to do.  And this is about justice. 

Arya has no objections to handing the dead.  A fair punishment for crimes already committed is a life time of servitude to the Silent Sisters.  There obviously has to be a method to keep Arya from running away.  And we can further speculate on how that might be accomplished.  Perhaps a magic binder that will keep Arya bound to the Silent sisters or something of the like. 

This is fair in my opinion.  At least she is given a chance for redemption even though she feels no guilt. 

Comment below and let me know if you consider this too light of a sentence.  Too light or just right? 

Arya is a troublemaker with a murderous disposition.  I would not inflict her on the Silent sisters.  She will need to be held in a maximum security facility. 

On 4/6/2023 at 3:17 PM, The Commentator said:

Arya is not just trying to survive. She kills people for revenge. She even kills innocents like the old man and Dareon. Arya might be young but her crimes are many times worse than most adults in her world. 

Again, you are glossing over the majority of her story. Re read what I posted. You cant ignore 95% of her story and the trauma it caused. To then only focus on 5% of the outcome you don't like.

This is a juvenile mindset... or a trolls, of course.

10 year old's don't have things figured out. They don't have a plan. They don't know shit. That's why they need parents.

Context. It matters.

Beheading if she can prove her birthright as a noble.  Losing their lands does not erase the Starks' social status even though it brought them to poverty.  Look at the Westerlings.  They were struggling but they had the same social status.  Their bellies might rumble from hunger but they can take comfort in having noble blood! 

On 3/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, The Lord of the Crossing said:

A lot of talk on the appropriate punishment for Arya Stark for the crimes of foul murder.  Specifically, the murders of Dareon and the Insurance Underwriter.  She is guilty of many more murders but some are claiming those others acts of self-defense.  The old witch saw many more murders in Arya's short future but we can only judge and sentence for crimes already committed.  There is no justice in punishing somebody for what they might do or what they are predicted to do.  And this is about justice. 

Arya has no objections to handing the dead.  A fair punishment for crimes already committed is a life time of servitude to the Silent Sisters.  There obviously has to be a method to keep Arya from running away.  And we can further speculate on how that might be accomplished.  Perhaps a magic binder that will keep Arya bound to the Silent sisters or something of the like. 

This is fair in my opinion.  At least she is given a chance for redemption even though she feels no guilt. 

Comment below and let me know if you consider this too light of a sentence.  Too light or just right? 

If you look at Arya’s training and think of vocation then yes. Punishment, justice, and public safety require punishment for Arya. She’s a violent criminal who needs a lengthy prison sentence. 

On 4/6/2023 at 9:07 PM, Groo said:

Too light. She should be forced to marry Elmar and become a Frey. I know some will say forcing a young girl to become a Frey is cruel and unjust but "foul murder" requires truly severe punishment.

Elmar deserves better.  Arya Horseface has no lands to offer any more.  He is lucky to avoid that entanglement to the murdering maniac Arya Stark.