Star Trek: Attack of Shatner's Toupee Tribble

Werthead

21 hours ago, RumHam said:

I'm also pretty sure we've seen more than nine total changlings, plus they need more to...control all of starfleet. So did they get help from the main founders? Or just spend years reproducing?

I'm pretty sure Vadic said she could pass on her abilities to others, so she's recruited beyond the original nine.

1 minute ago, felice said:

I'm pretty sure Vadic said she could pass on her abilities to others, so she's recruited beyond the original nine.

I'm curious from where though? I guess maybe she just went to the great link, since Odo knew about her people. 

52 minutes ago, RumHam said:

I'm curious from where though? I guess maybe she just went to the great link, since Odo knew about her people. 

That's how I figured it went. Also not all of the Founders would want her abilities, since it meant a shorter life and basically giving up immortality.

1 hour ago, felice said:

Is it possible that Vadic sharing her abilities is something that gets lessened after time...? Each subsequent iteration is less Changeling like? That is why the crew she has are in those suits...?

I am liking S3 Picard because there is a mystery at the heart of it (along with the 'realness' of the family drama(s), as well as the Shaw/Picard and Shaw/Seven dynamics, and various other stuff). And not a stupid mystery with hopefully not a stupid resolution like The Burn in Disco. Of course, the return of the TNG crew has added to my enjoyment (still a bit weirded out by many of them calling Picard 'Jean Luc'). Hope the last three episodes deliver.

34 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Ending every episode with a cliffhanger is cheap storytelling.

Meh. I'm already waiting for next week. 

Spoiler

They're leaning heavily into the idea that Jack has some sort of Borg DNA and he's somehow hearing the Collective...I'm not sure that is what's happening though.  It's too pat. And while they seem willing to acknowledge that things did happen in season 1 and 2, they also seem to want to only reference it and otherwise not give it too much weight on any level...

11 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Meh. I'm already waiting for next week. 

Hide contents

They're leaning heavily into the idea that Jack has some sort of Borg DNA and he's somehow hearing the Collective...I'm not sure that is what's happening though.  It's too pat. And while they seem willing to acknowledge that things did happen in season 1 and 2, they also seem to want to only reference it and otherwise not give it too much weight on any level...

Spoiler

Wasn’t the collective dealt with last season such that “the collective” wouldn’t be a serious issue even if that’s where they’re going?

Edited by Ser Scot A Ellison

Spoiler

I still wonder if it's 8472. Though when Troi said something like "ancient and weakened" I thought of the black blob that killed Yar. But it wasn't telepathic, was it? 

It continues to be very weird that the source of Troi and Riker's rift is his being consumed with grief after the death of their son. That did not come off at all in their season one appearance. They seemed quite happy and it's a bit of a weird retcon that they apparent weren't and even hated living on that planet. 

I wonder narratively what was the point of new Data including B-4 and Alton. They don't seem to have mattered at all?

I'm not really sure I like new Worf either, he's almost comic relief. 

I see the finale is called The Last Generation, which I take as another hint that they're going to use the old ships, or at least the Enterprise-E. Or maybe what Geordi had in hanger 12 was another constitution class main section, to attach to the D's saucer.

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Spoiler

Wasn't it essentially a second Collective that was created and all? It was confusing and weird what they did there.

But it falls into the line of, "it isn't that it didn't happen, we're just not going to give it all weight and do things a little more cohesive. A little light recounting for the good of the franchise as a whole...

Same with Troi and Riker...they're saying things happened, but we're going to move, change, and better the story as we can.

Species 8472...interesting, but I don't think they'd go there.

Armus, the black blob? I swear I read something about that theory, but can't recall it...not sure that makes sense either.

Is it just me or have they been reducing Seven and Shaw's screen time these last few episodes? Don't get me wrong I love seeing the TNG crew back together and it's even brought a tear to my eyes a few times, but it sadly comes at the price of losing moments with our other characters. I've also notice that Alandra is being given very little dialogue, when compared to her sister, Sidney. I know she's being played by Lavar Burton's real daughter, but is she not a proper actress or something? I also really love the Sidney and Jack relationship and hope they do more with it, in the final two episodes.

Edited by sifth

I found myself reading about Star Trek ideas the writers had that never got made. I really like this one:

Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens proposed a story where the NX-01 crew encountered members of the Trill species. Garfield Reeves-Stevens commented, "The idea being what would Archer’s reaction to the Trill be? We thought that to [the] first Humans to meet a joined species like the Trill […] would be something of a horror. It would be like a planet where the body snatchers had won." Judith Reeves-Stevens added, "And the Humans would want to separate them." The writers could not find a way to make their story work with DS9/TNG continuity. [10]

The last part is kinda funny considering TNG and DS9 trill are quite different. 

11 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:
  Hide contents

Also, I honestly expected the Vulcan bridge officer to make it through the series and be on the subsequent follow up series that was about the Titan...

Spoiler

I was looking forward to that too.  A Science Vulcan officer - classic.  But no :crying:

Despite all the phaser fire, that felt like a bit of a budget-saving episode, presumably for the finale.

Also, by far the biggest and most important original TNG cameo to date.

Spoiler

Spot!

Also, the producers lied.

Spoiler

Tasha Yar is in it! Kind of.

For those who have enjoyed this season; is there any possible outcome of the Jack mystery that would be satisfying? That would merit this much build up and teasing? It feels like that element has Kurtzman all over it.

Well, full nostalgia points, they’ve even remembered to make Troi a dreadful counsellor. Remove the grieving process from your husband, yep, not a great shout. And this all-encompassing darkness door, with the ominous voices and the sense of dread? Yea let’s kick that door right in Jack!

A whole bunch of images from the final two episodes have leaked.

Spoiler

A few nice surprises there, but I think about 80% of what's there is what people have already been speculating on.