If a faceless man, while faceswapped, fucks...

GZ Bloodraven

Good question.  Although the faces are so far as we know just faces, the wearer experiences memories...like some of those creepy organ donor stories.  We've got the whole Haggon warning to Varamyr about not mating with another wolf (?) while warging--same diff?  Then what do you do if the FM takes the face of an Unsullied and has a sexual encounter?  Does this new entity have junk?  Whose body is it, really?  

3 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

...is the offspring the Faceless Man's or the one who the Faceless Man is disguised at? Genetically speaking.

That's assuming Faceless Men can beget children at all. The transformation might render them effectively infertile for the duration. That would certainly be the easiest explanation.

Another interesting question is. How often Faceless Men go native/rogue?

For instance when Roose B raped that poor woman that angry woman could have hired a professional to kill Lord Bolton. But that FM could have decided to stay as lord of Dreadfort. When he had killed and taken Roose's face. Or there would be huge lure for FM to kill somebody else and take their identity as their own.

18 hours ago, Alester Florent said:

That's assuming Faceless Men can beget children at all. The transformation might render them effectively infertile for the duration. That would certainly be the easiest explanation.

They do hint at that to Arya

7 hours ago, Loose Bolt said:

Another interesting question is. How often Faceless Men go native/rogue?

For instance when Roose B raped that poor woman that angry woman could have hired a professional to kill Lord Bolton. But that FM could have decided to stay as lord of Dreadfort. When he had killed and taken Roose's face. Or there would be huge lure for FM to kill somebody else and take their identity as their own.

Who would know?

But it is a religious order so it's made of the devout, plus the monks are living it up kinda nice. Nicer then that blizzard Roose is currently in. I think the lure is staying.

1 hour ago, BalerionTheCat said:

I suppose the FM have a way to deal with this kind of cases. Are they not assassins?

But they would all know him which would go against the rules.

I have a similar question, if a skinchanger, let's call him Euron, goes into a person let's call her the dusky woman, would Victarions child be his nephew? Genetically speaking.

I think it is just a way to change the face.  So everything else is the same.  I suspect that even their height and weight probably doesn't change.  That would make things too easy, and that's not the Martin way.  So any child would be the Faceless Man's.

Archived