Most Unlikely Character to Turn Villainous

Craving Peaches

Most Unlikely Character to Turn Villainous?

The single most relevant factor is age.  Barristan Selmy is who he is and who he will be until the end.  A gallant, moral knight.  He made mistakes in the past when he served the Usurper but he has found his Queen.  Barristan Selmy is not going to change.  He is what the years and his choices have made him. 

4 minutes ago, Here's Looking At You, Kid said:

The single most relevant factor is age.  Barristan Selmy is who he is and who he will be until the end.  A gallant, moral knight.  He made mistakes in the past when he served the Usurper but he has found his Queen.  Barristan Selmy is not going to change.  He is what the years and his choices have made him. 

Barristan Selmy didn't protect his queen from being raped, and seems to feel almost no remorse considering his scorn of Jaime for killing his queen's rapist. 

On 3/28/2023 at 11:57 AM, The Commentator said:

Arya is already a villain and has become evil. Bran is heading there too.  

Bran is not heading there. Arya, is a bit iffy. She murdered a conman and Daeron was a deserter. But I could see her mercing some people to get to the true villains. Like Walder Frey and Cersei Lannister

20 hours ago, King Maegor the Cool said:

Bran is not heading there. Arya, is a bit iffy. She murdered a conman and Daeron was a deserter. But I could see her mercing some people to get to the true villains. Like Walder Frey and Cersei Lannister

Nothing iffy about Arya. She is already one of the villains. She became that after murdering the two in Bravos.  

13 minutes ago, The Commentator said:

Nothing iffy about Arya. She is already one of the villains. She became that after murdering the two in Bravos.  

I just wouldn't consider a POV character a "villain" of the story, we are supposed to be on all of their teams. This is why I don't like the "Cersei is a villain people" like, she's a villain in Ned's story, but we are now "on her team" in some meaningful sense. To think of Arya as "one of the villains" because she murdered two people, when so has Daenerys, and so has Cersei, and so has Jon, and so has Tyrion, is just counterproductive and suggests a lack of empathetic ability.

3 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

I just wouldn't consider a POV character a "villain" of the story, we are supposed to be on all of their teams. This is why I don't like the "Cersei is a villain people" like, she's a villain in Ned's story, but we are now "on her team" in some meaningful sense. To think of Arya as "one of the villains" because she murdered two people, when so has Daenerys, and so has Cersei, and so has Jon, and so has Tyrion, is just counterproductive and suggests a lack of empathetic ability.

I get where you're coming from but I don't think being able to see inside her head makes Cersei any less a villain. She's pretty much the only character who became less sympathetic after getting a PoV.

18 minutes ago, Alester Florent said:

I get where you're coming from but I don't think being able to see inside her head makes Cersei any less a villain. She's pretty much the only character who became less sympathetic after getting a PoV.

I also get where you're coming from, but I found Cersei more sympathetic, in that the actions she's taking fit with her twisted logic even if they are completely and utterly...misinformed. Like, I understood where she was coming from better even though the stuff she was doing was crazy. I wish that was how the people who don't like Arya understood Arya: even as they get more irrational and violent and dangerous, we should still be somewhat "on their team" when we are with them.

11 hours ago, Daeron the Daring said:

Hot Pie will eventually turn evil.

At some point, he's gonna become Cold Pie and lead the army of the dead.

Pfft he doednt need to man

He needs no army, the deliciousness of his baking will conquer the word! Restuarants in every major city

1 hour ago, astarkchoice said:

Pfft he doednt need to man

He needs no army, the deliciousness of his baking will conquer the word! Restuarants in every major city

Hot Pie will become a master poisoner.

2 hours ago, astarkchoice said:

Ser gregor and w royce would disagree with death being a hinderance

I don't really consider that wights count for the purposes of a character "turning evil" or what have you. Of course it comes in degrees... Beric largely maintains continuity of character, but I think Lady Stoneheart is a different character from Cat. And the Others' wights even moreso.

Archived