Would Lady Stoneheart hang Olyvar Frey?

James Steller

3 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

I do wonder which direction her story will go and who she will run into, like Olyvar Frey

I think he'd be fine

3 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

We've got her men wearing The Hound's helm and seeming bewitched doing all sorts of evil in his name, what's up with that? 

Yea Lem! The one whos nose Arya broke.

The one doing evil was Rorge, hes the one, a nameless nobody criminal, who donned a hero "knights" armor and become an invincible tank on the smallfolk battlefield. Like the one eyed Green Targaryen.

So for Lem, it's badass and worth a few mill. But there's definitely that fear that's coming with it too. Lem is great, he watches Sandor cleave Beric in half and then a couple minutes later asks him how his shoulder feels, he was really unaware (how?) of the resurrections and just kinda goes with the flow. No one can play the fool with LSH however, cards on the table, 21. 

The facade is over, Beric called em knights. Now they could be called terrorists. However, aside from the "head" (leadership and helmet) had it changed dramatically in terms of what they used to do? I'd say no, not at all. But they're definitely more acceptance that like, the facades over, it's crunching time.

12 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

This is not my good time Thoros I know and love.

No. Definitely not. But, actually I'll get back to him lol.

13 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Is she really running an orphanage?

Definitely. Keeping it provisioned and policed as well.

14 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

Has she talked with Gendry?  Hasn't Gendry told her Brienne tried to save them?  Told them she was asking about Sansa?  Either LSH doesn't listen or doesn't know is all I got here. 

Probably. To everything. 

So one thing I think is important to note is acok ending and affc ending, in terms of Cat whacking a protagonist cuz she's a nutbag. But we see in asos that's drastically different from what happened so we get this one partial nugget in adwd that Brienne is in cahoots to wack the kingslayer but, these nuggets ain't loyal.

Cats definitely all quick to shoot here, but she's also not quick in the trigger so I kinda think its more bluff and backdoor collusion like one would expect from reading, say, a game of thrones. 

Do I want to see Jaime suffer for the crimes of not releasing Sansa or warring on Tully, well that's almost like asking if I wanted to see Tyrion suffer for the crimes on the hit in Bran. Course not! But if I was Cat staring down a near forensic level of evidence, well I get where she's coming from.

21 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

By the same token Thoros seems sort of hopeless? Like he doesn't want to really be with LSH yet there he is.  He's not out front leading cheers anymore.  He says something about remembering justice the implication being this isn't justice?  What did you get from the line?  

Yea I adore it! I mean it's a mind fuck which I've read over and over. So little screen time and all of a sudden Mr. Stoic while he feeds Brienne heroin. 

"Justice." Thoros smiled wanly. "I remember justice. It had a pleasant taste. Justice was what we were about when Beric led us, or so we told ourselves. We were king's men, knights, and heroes . . . but some knights are dark and full of terror, my lady. War makes monsters of us all."

Ok so, not really on Cat but, what was all this shit for anyway?

(This is asos Harwin)

We'd been sent out by the King's Hand to deal with outlaws, you see, but now we were the outlaws, and Lord Tywin was the Hand of the King. There was some wanted to yield then, but Lord Beric wouldn't hear of it. We were still king's men, he said, and these were the king's people the lions were savaging. If we could not fight for Robert, we would fight for them, until every man of us was dead. And so we did, but as we fought something queer happened. For every man we lost, two showed up to take his place

Till death do us part. But then you don't die and after some time you like at your bride and it looks Lady Stoneheart and, yea can't we just go back to our honeymoon, we used to have the best (k)nights!

But they didn't right? They had like swineherds and shit. I mean savage bunch, those crow cages! That wasn't Brotherhood licensed but certainly Brotherhood affiliated.

So basically reality set in. They're not knights but ambushers and noose tiers. And the smallfolk and minor lords couldn't be happier. Lem definitely let the darkness sweep in, you guys scared of Darth Vader well, *Vader like breathing*

Thoros although is not swinherd but a knight and a priest with a god and stuff, to him embracing the realities of knights are butchers and your god is bullshit is kinda a hard pill to swallow. I really wish Thoros had more screen time. Not in the least cuz I wanna know more about his bullshit god that brings people back to life. Anyway, I always love this discussion in particularly cuz the brotherhood without banners is great! (Also what a name! It's run by a woman lol. The facades are endless)

Current LS would definitely kill Olyvar Frey, she wanted to kill frikin Podrick Payne for no reason. But I do think LS is going to have an arc towards peace and reconciliation with those she can have peace and reconciliation with, and so whatever LS we get by the time she would be meeting Olyvar may be more sympathetic to Mercy. That is, if she gets back in time.

I’d say yes or at least it will not come up directly because I think GRRM has set up LS such that if/when she does decide someone is innocent it will be that much more dramatic by being unprecedented. Last we saw she was quite happy to kill two of the kinder, more innocent characters in the books who had zero direct connection to the RW. We are not, I think, supposed to be much comforted that she gave Brienne an alternative, as that suited her desire for revenge more. But as she was still willing to string up completely innocent Brienne and Pod, we can comfortably determine that she is not very invested in actual justice in a way we as readers understand it. 

Archived