Dog gone

astarkchoice

More what ifs to fill the empty void that is our lives til.grmm finishes winter.

How does the story go  if  on e of each of the.stark pups dies within hours of their discovery....how does each direwolfs absence affect the story ? Ie one dies.but the rest remain alive

Bonus game ned tells robert to f off with regards killing lady, they huff and make up.

How does sansas 'adventures' go from thee4

Edited by astarkchoice

To Lady's survival I think the most obvious outcome is Joffrey's earlier more discreet demise.  Lady would simply smother him in his sleep, all polite and mannerly.  Lady or not, no way she would allow her girl to suffer that abuse.  

28 minutes ago, Curled Finger said:

To Lady's survival I think the most obvious outcome is Joffrey's earlier more discreet demise.  Lady would simply smother him in his sleep, all polite and mannerly.  Lady or not, no way she would allow her girl to suffer that abuse.  

Yeah id say given blout and trant are cowards any attempts at hitting sansa  would result in snarling and them backing down. The hound would refuse to hit her again and thus wouldnt be affected.

1 hour ago, astarkchoice said:

More what ifs to fill the empty void that is our lives til.grmm finishes winter.

How does the story go  if  on e of each of the.stark pups dies within hours of their discovery....how does each direwolfs absence affect the story ? Ie one dies.but the rest remain alive

Bonus game ned tells robert to f off with regards killing lady, they huff and make up.

How does sansas 'adventures' go from thee4

The biggest change to the story comes at the last book. The Starks do not get second lives in the wolves. If they get any at all.  I feel like the flea bags are necessary for the Starks to develop their warging. The bond with the dogs help develop the skill.  

Practical issue. All the boys were saved by their dogs, no dogs, no safe. Greywind fought at WW and found goat tracks and is responsible for some of Robbs greatest wins. Ghost slew a wight and saved Jon and the LC later saving Jon over and over again. Summer stops Oshas palls and Shaggydog, well, let's just assume he did something. Greywind and Ghost do get locked up eventually, and guess what happens.

Spiritual issue. 

26 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I feel like the flea bags are necessary for the Starks to develop their warging. The bond with the dogs help develop the skill.

Lol flea bags. Yea me too. No wolf no warg. Although it takes a bit to kick in I think, like it's not a puppy thing. So when Sansa lost her puppy she didn't like lose connection or anything because she was never plugged in. Which doesn't sound great.

As for the girls, yea if the boys are always safe by their flea bag then no reason it'd be different for them. Ned would be alive, Cersei would never stir the pot in front of Lady and Syrio would be dancing with the wolves 

50 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

The biggest change to the story comes at the last book. The Starks do not get second lives in the wolves. If they get any at all.  I feel like the flea bags are necessary for the Starks to develop their warging. The bond with the dogs help develop the skill.  

And those overgrown lizards help Daenerys learn the skill of burning people alive.

The wolves weren't going to make it to Kings Landing and certainly weren't going to be able to stay there.  Wolves and the Red Keep don't mix.  If Lady survives, the most likely result is that Sansa, and probably Arya, return to Winterfell.  Ned could present it as being for the safety of the Red Keep and not wanting to separate the girls or the remaining wolf.  It's possible Arya could attempt to get Nymeria back.

Obviously this would have additional consequences, primarily lack of a hostage for Cersei.  Essentially, for story purposes, the wolves have to go. :(

Bran can't become the Three-Eyed Raven and the Others take Westeros.

More minor stuff: 

Nymeria doesn't stop Joffrey from killing Arya with his sword after she defends Mycah. Ned...kills Cersei or Robert, I don't fucking know, what does a father such as Ned do to the parents of the kid who murdered his daughter? Does he just go on his way and become Robert's hand, I don't think so. Does he go back to Winterfell and tell Robert and his family to fuck off? Probably. So the War of the Five Kings doesn't happen. 

1 minute ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

Bran can't become the Three-Eyed Raven and the Others take Westeros.

More minor stuff: 

Nymeria doesn't stop Joffrey from killing Arya with his sword after she defends Mycah. Ned...kills Cersei or Robert, I don't fucking know, what does a father such as Ned do to the parents of the kid who murdered his daughter? Does he just go on his way and become Robert's hand, I don't think so. Does he go back to Winterfell and tell Robert and his family to fuck off? Probably. So the War of the Five Kings doesn't happen. 

Cat would be dead as well if not for Summer.

52 minutes ago, King Maegor the Cool said:

I bet you kicked puppies on the street.

Yeah, I wasn't gonna mention it, but calling pets "flea bags" is a pretty good indicator that you would not be kind to them if they trespassed on your property.

Edited by GZ Bloodraven