MCU - Hawkeye v Snowcat

BigFatCoward

I'm sorry but 'i chose to survive' is fucking horseshit.  As if everyone who dies in an accident just gave up.  I want to call him a melodramatic wanker, but he did apparently get injured trying to save his nephew so he gets a pass. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65121855

Edited by BigFatCoward

@IlyaP

12 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

That all happened in the middle of production of the first Doctor Strange movie (released 2016, production 2015). 

New York Times is saying his removal happened...this year? (Or did you mean something else happened during Dr. Strange?)

Here's from the Polygon article:

In 2015, Disney exec Bob Iger even caught wind that Perlmutter was attempting to have Feige fired, and he swiftly reorganized Marvel Studios under Walt Disney Studios so that Perlmutter would no longer have control over the division. Perlmutter was moved farther from any creative power over Marvel holdings in 2019, when an organizational shakeup moved Marvel Television (home of all of Marvel’s non-Disney Plus TV series, like Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD) under the Marvel Studios umbrella, and set Marvel Entertainment’s president Dan Buckley as reporting to Kevin Feige alone in matters of “creative and editorial publishing.”

Permutter since 2019 was left managing the toys in a small division, going from a budget of billions to about $40 million according to one video i saw.   The current thing is just axing that last bit as a redundant division.

'Secret Invasion' Will See Samuel L. Jackson Play a "Vulnerable" Nick Fury
The former director of S.H.I.E.L.D. is in a bad place when the MCU returns to his story.

https://collider.com/secret-invasion-nick-fury-samuel-l-jackson-comments/

As the man responsible for putting together the Avengers Initiative, it's only natural for him to feel some form of guilt, responsibility, and even regret over those he recruited having lost their lives trying to fix what happened when Thanos snapped half of humanity from existence in Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame.

"Even Nick Fury can be shaken, you know? He's up there trying to process what the fuck happened, you know? And what his place in the world is. The death of Iron Man, the death of Black Widow, with that stuff going on he just kind of checked out. Now, he just doesn't wear the patch. The patch is part of who the strong Nick Fury was. It's part of his vulnerability now. You can look at it and see he's not this perfectly indestructible person. He doesn't feel like that guy."

20 hours ago, Myrddin said:

I didn't realize Secret Invasion starts this June.

Hard to believe it's been 4 years since we last saw Nick Fury in Endgame and Spider-Man.

If we're being technical, he was hardly in End Game and Far From Home. The former being a cameo and the latter being a body double for most of the film, with a small cameo in the post credit scene.

10 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

You’d think I’d have learnt to temper my expectations, but nope, here I am, fully assuming that Secret Invasion will be awesome. 

Same. It does seems like a better story driven effort rather than origin story focused (like all the recent ones, except GotG Holiday Special).

On a related notes, it looks like Marvel is going to tap the brakes on new content. Moving forward, we're back to 3 movies and 2 shows a year.

20 minutes ago, DaveSumm said:

You’d think I’d have learnt to temper my expectations, but nope, here I am, fully assuming that Secret Invasion will be awesome. 

Once again, the trailer editors deserve an award, whether the show ends up being bad or not.

3 hours ago, DaveSumm said:

I just hope they're not lying about the tone of the show, the way they did with Age of Ultron and several other films. That trailer looked great, and I want the show to be just as great and not a joke every other minute.

12 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

This looks fun

Yeah posted in the watched thread, and while I'm sure there is some sort of audience for this, making a movie with a foundation of the least watched MCU show and adding er.. Captain Marvel, doesn't seem like a great formula or decision. Plus there was a lot of cool stuff going on in Ms Marvel and it doesn't seem to be happening here, just more space panto instead. 

31 minutes ago, sifth said:

Alright, the music for that trailer hurt my head. I guess I've been spoiled with all of the amazing music for the GotG vol 3 trailers.

Wait... you didn't like the Beastie Boys?!!!?  Everything I've ever read from you is now completely suspect.

11 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yeah. No. That looks fantasticly fun. 

I'm with you.  Looked fun.

But to be fair, I've been fooled by trailers before.

17 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yeah. No. That looks fantasticly fun. 

This is what I'm saying. This is the first time I've been legitimately excited for a Marvel movie since...I want to say Endgame, since nothing since then has gotten me, to the best of my memory, legitimately interested. It just looks like uncomplicated fun.

1 hour ago, Heartofice said:

Yeah posted in the watched thread, and while I'm sure there is some sort of audience for this, making a movie with a foundation of the least watched MCU show and adding er.. Captain Marvel, doesn't seem like a great formula or decision. Plus there was a lot of cool stuff going on in Ms Marvel and it doesn't seem to be happening here, just more space panto instead. 

I'm thinking this is a movie we should not take seriously in any way, and the trailer conveyed that.

18 minutes ago, Corvinus85 said:

I'm thinking this is a movie we should not take seriously in any way, and the trailer conveyed that.

There are quite a few movies that don't ask to be taken seriously, but they also need to do something to justify that tag, by being very funny or charming. Maybe this movie will do that, but so far it all just looks like one more forgettable MCU movie that will struggle to generate much interest. 

At least with Ms Marvel there was something unique and interesting there, if they took that and brought it to big screen and made it the new Scott Pilgrim I'd be all for that. Otherwise I don't know what the hell this is, its just the same old zappy zappy, badly shot CGI greenscreen crap Marvel are pumping out. After Quantumania you'd hope they try harder.

14 minutes ago, Heartofice said:

After Quantumania you'd hope they try harder.

As far as I can tell, The Marvels started production around the same time as Ant-Man 3 - during the first half of 2021, so it's not like they can do much to course-correct at this juncture. For the stuff that's already "in the can", there's only so much that can be done. It's what's not yet gotten underway that's a different story.