MCU - Hawkeye v Snowcat

BigFatCoward

On 6/1/2023 at 8:57 PM, SpaceChampion said:

The Brazilian dub of No Way Home contains captions of the background voices (where Peter is settling in to his apartment) mentioning "Miles".  The speakers are identified as Jeff and Rio, who are the parents of Miles Morales.   So a live-action Miles maybe be coming soon.

https://www.inverse.com/entertainment/spider-man-no-way-easter-egg-miles-morales

I get why some people might be excited for this, but I’m not one of them.

we already have a brilliant animated Miles Morales who’s starred in two of the best CBM’s I’ve ever seen. A live action MCU version would almost certainly be a disappointment by comparison.

Still, it’s probably inevitable.

Edited by Deadlines? What Deadlines?

To both my teenage boys, Miles is "their" Spider-Man more than Peter (and they both love Tom Holland as Peter). We recently got a PlayStation, and they both skipped the first Spider-man game because they had no interest in playing Peter, and jumped right to the second to play Miles.

They're both looking forward to seeing Miles "live".

@Myrddin In previous gaming eras, that second “game” would have been correctly labeled as an expansion pack.

Tell your boys to do them selves a favor and play the first game.  

SM:Miles Morales is fantastic… but it is a shadow of the content and gameplay in the full SM game. 

Edited by Rhom

19 hours ago, Rhom said:

@Myrddin In previous gaming eras, that second “game” would have been correctly labeled as an expansion pack.

Tell your boys to do them selves a favor and play the first game.  

SM:Miles Morales is fantastic… but it is a shadow of the content and gameplay in the full SM game. 

I did my due diligence and played both. :D Never accuse me of not staying in touch with the fellow kids.

<insert Buscemi meme>

The first one was definitely better story wise (and longer), but I enjoyed them both. The trailer for the next one looked fun, and it looks like it has both spider guys in it too.   

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, SpaceChampion said:

The titles sequence looks like the covers from old 70's British sci-fi books.   But made by Midjourney AI.

Yep:  https://www.polygon.com/23767640/ai-mcu-secret-invasion-opening-credits

Scary part is that if it was made through Midjourney it would mean that AI has so far created the best bit of the show.

I really liked that opening sequence, I wish the rest of the show had the same level of unique creativity.

I might struggle to finish Secret Invasion. Only Olivia Colman has managed to wake me from a semi coma during watching, she is great. Everything was pretty dull. Just a by the numbers spy thriller / remake of V.

Half the problem is personally I think Skrulls are shit in general, never liked them in the comics, didn’t like them in Captain Marvel and don’t like them here. 

The basic concept of skin changers is pretty boring, and I hate all that ‘oooh is he human or not’ mystery ( apparently there isn’t too much of that in the show but still), hated that in BSG. 

Plus the Skrulls in the MCU look so silly. Not out of place in Star TNG, in fact maybe worse. At least give them huge ridged chins! 

Im not seeing much of a hook to keep me interested but might give it another couple of episodes 

There was nothing wrong with that start. I won't claim it was spectacular, but it was just fine.  If it suffers from anything, it's that it may have needed a little more set up, if this is only going to be six episodes...there were some missed opportunities to also tie this into Falcon and the Winter Soldier story by having the Skrulls Mayne using the Flag Smashers, but I digress...

Spoiler

Absolutely not surprised by the death at the end...though I expected her to be revealed as a Skrull, if only to mess with Fury more...

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

There was nothing wrong with that start. I won't claim it was spectacular, but it was just fine.  If it suffers from anything, it's that it may have needed a little more set up, if this is only going to be six episodes...there were some missed opportunities to also tie this into Falcon and the Winter Soldier story by having the Skrulls Mayne using the Flag Smashers, but I digress...

Hide contents

Absolutely not surprised by the death at the end...though I expected her to be revealed as a Skrull, if only to mess with Fury more...

Spoiler

I was wondering why she wasn’t in the opening credits 

10 minutes ago, Denvek said:

I'm going to call it now that

Hide contents

the President is a Skrull

Hmn

Spoiler

Were that so, you'd hardly need to engineer escalating conflicts to draw two super powers into a nuclear exchange that'd leave earth predominantly for the Skrulls. 

And godamnit. Cobie :(

Edited by JGP

2 hours ago, Deadlines? What Deadlines? said:

‘saw that in the theatre. 

First movie I remember falling asleep during in the theater.  :lol: 

12 minutes ago, Denvek said:

I'm going to call it now that

Hide contents

the President is a Skrull

Spoiler

That seems right, but feels too easy. Rhodey is another possibility, but again, too easy

And since Rhodey has a movie coming up sometime...

For the record, I don't think Ross is truly gone either...

33 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:
  Hide contents

That seems right, but feels too easy. Rhodey is another possibility, but again, too easy

And since Rhodey has a movie coming up sometime...

For the record, I don't think Ross is truly gone either...

Spoiler

I was expecting to see Ross in one of the tubes in the scene with all the people they’d replaced