Second hand Marijuana smoke smells like skunk

Ser Scot A Ellison

I have to get this off my chest.  Weed smells like skunk.  It does.  

Skunk spray is a defensive evolution of the species.  Skunk spray is supposed to smell badly… otherwise… it doesn’t work as a defensive adaptation.  I cannot believe that there are Marijuana users wandering around the forest saying “hey that skunk smells like the 03 Maui bud I had my Junior year in college.”

Therefore I cannot… absolutely cannot… fathom why anyone would want to flavor food with Marijuana??? Weed butter… what the actual fuck y’all???

Hey… I want my toast slathered with a form of butter infused with skunk spray… Jesus H. Christ?  Maybe I’m old and not “hip” or something but skunk smell is considered unpleasant for a reason why would any member of the human species want to flavor food with anything that smells of skunk.

:shocked:

Lol the point of putting weed butter in stuff is not flavor Scot. I mean weed aroma can be a little funky but it's not THAT bad way better than cigarettes anyway.

Incidentally is this a good time to mention I'd donate to a gofundme or charity drive of Scot trying some sort of cannabis product? Cause I would. 

6 minutes ago, Darzin said:

Lol the point of putting weed butter in stuff is not flavor Scot. I mean weed aroma can be a little funky but it's not THAT bad way better than cigarettes anyway.

Indecently is this a good time to mention I'd donate to a gofundme or charity drive of Scot trying some sort of cannabis product cause I would. 

No desire.  And I’m 52 in two weeks I’ve been around people smoking weed plenty of times in my life.

Not my thing… I’ll stick to my good craft beers as my vice of choice (some sours can get a bit funky).  But Marijuana smells like skunk to me… every time.  Ugh…

(Yes… cigarettes smell like ass too… just not like skunk.)

1 minute ago, Luzifer's right hand said:

Not everyone tastes stuff the same. I mean there is a market for non-THC hemp food products after all.

That’s a fair point.  Some people eat cilantro and taste soap.  I am not among those people.  Perhaps this is a similar phenomenon…

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

That’s a fair point.  Some people eat cilantro and taste soap.  I am not among those people.  Perhaps this is a similar phenomenon…

The majority of people experience things differently than you makes more sense than a lot of people liking the taste of skunk spray makes I reckon.

3 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yup… delicious poison that doesn’t taste like skunk spray and isn’t inhaling particulate matter directly into my lungs if smoked…

You need to try some edibles before declaring what they taste like. The ones I get could pass a blind taste test with gummy worms. The cookies I've gotten in Cali taste almost exactly the same as regular cookies. And the drinks taste better than your average IPA.

I loathe the reek of the stuff, which permeates the streets now.  It smells different from earlier weed, I swear.

Buildings all over the city are instituting rules that prohibit the smoking of cannabis just like tobacco and vaping, whether inside the apartment or out in the halls to spare my wife the stink.

Just now, Tywin et al. said:

You need to try some edibles before declaring what they taste like. The ones I get could pass a blind taste test with gummy worms. The cookies I've gotten in Cali taste almost exactly the same as regular cookies. And the drinks taste better than your average IPA.

I don’t care for IPAs (in most cases there are a few exceptions).  Marijuana still is not my thing.

24 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I don’t care for IPAs (in most cases there are a few exceptions).  Marijuana still is not my thing.

How do you know though? This is basically you saying you like beer, but won't try wine. 

Yeah. I won't say it stinks of skunk specifically...but the smell lingers. Why people think they can just toke up in the hotel rooms...it just permeates the hallway...

I'm like Scot and have little to no use for the stuff (give me beer also), but if we're going to move forward as a society and decriminalize the stuff across the board, you'd think some of these science wonks and their new strains would do something about the smell... :P

17 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Yeah. I won't say it stinks of skunk specifically...but the smell lingers. Why people think they can just toke up in the hotel rooms...it just permeates the hallway...

I'm like Scot and have little to no use for the stuff (give me beer also), but if we're going to move forward as a society and decriminalize the stuff across the board, you'd think some of these science wonks and their new strains would do something about the smell... :P

But a drug that does not make many people more aggressive and violent is against the conservative way of life! Guns and booze are the way!

1 hour ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

No desire.  And I’m 52 in two weeks I’ve been around people smoking weed plenty of times in my life.

Hence the monetary incentive :P

Archived