Second hand Marijuana smoke smells like skunk

Ser Scot A Ellison

26 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

I'm sure even Scot will welcome the day when cops can't use the odour of weed as a pretext to destroy people's lives.

Absolutely.  I’ve been in favor of legalization (not mere decriminalization) for a very long time.   I just dislike the smell.  People going to prison for using pot (without injuring anyone else) is wrong.

But this is still funny:

4 hours ago, Spockydog said:

I'll tell you one massively good thing about decriminalizing weed...

How many times have people been harassed, or even killed, by lying cops who claim they smelled weed on the black kid they just stomped to death or shot in the back of the head as he was running away.

Officers Said They Smelled Pot. The Judge Called Them Liars.

Courts in New York have long ruled that if a car smells like pot, the police can search it. But now, a backlash is mounting.

I'm sure even Scot will welcome the day when cops can't use the odour of weed as a pretext to destroy people's lives.

Part of NY state legalizing recreational use was supposed to include that odor alone could not be probable cause for a car search.  This was passed in March 2021.

The NYPD also just updated their policy to reflect that (finally! I saw an article on that earlier this week) but it's probably still easy enough for them to say you appeared inebriated or couldn't say your ABC's backward and get a search that way.  Or just ask to search the car and lie about compliance being voluntary.  

7 hours ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I can’t say ABCs backwards whilst stone cold soberz

ETA - the above is hilarious, since I typed that while stone cold sober; I was also answering the phone At the same time, so that changed it to “soberz” lol

I've heard the goal with the "ABCs backwards" thing is to get you to say something along the lines of "I can't even do that sober" (implying you're not ok to drive)

1 hour ago, Larry of the Lake said:

I've heard the goal with the "ABCs backwards" thing is to get you to say something along the lines of "I can't even do that sober" (implying you're not ok to drive)

So I guess thank you Camp Butwin (yes, that's a real name) for teaching me how do it when I was a little kid?

On 4/6/2023 at 3:38 AM, Chataya de Fleury said:

@Ser Scot A Ellison - ignore the haters. Haters are gonna hate. 

I always try some 5-4-5 breathing in that situation. Breathe in deeply for 5 seconds, hold for 2 seconds, and exhale for 5 seconds. The counting makes it impossible to really focus on how one might like to stick a cocktail fork on some hater anatomy. 

ironically, thats how i used to smoke my cannabis back in the day (but because I'm proper old school and grew up in a shit hole it was resin, not weed). 

On 4/7/2023 at 4:42 AM, BigFatCoward said:

ironically, thats how i used to smoke my cannabis back in the day (but because I'm proper old school and grew up in a shit hole it was resin, not weed). 

Heh.  I remember in high school my dealers would always insist that holding it in and coughing got you higher.  One of my dealers would give me this extended explanation about lung capillaries.  All my friends bought it because he sounded legit -- just as most of my high school bought it when we made up names about the weed we were selling.  Post-9/11 it was quite lucrative to claim the weed came from Afghanistan instead of Toronto!

Anyway, I just rolled my eyes.  Like, seriously, this kid who's an undergrad at U of R understands the physiology of lung capillaries?  Dude wasn't a doctor, and frankly even if he was, acting like he knows holding in a hit then coughing will get you more high is dubious on its face.  Well, at least the latter.  Holding the hit in for a longer time intuitively seems like it will get you more more high.

On 4/6/2023 at 9:13 AM, Larry of the Lake said:

But there are some easy things people can do to stay weed odor free.

Gravity bongs.  It's cheap, DIY, and my entire adult life I've never smelled like weed but have been high...very often.

Just chased Partner outta here coz the reek of the preroll believed to not reek. Wtf???? 

Cough cough cough.

GET WITH THE AGREED PROGRAM, DUDE!  And it's not even cold outside! I don't give an eff that you took off your shoes and are wearing pjs.  Get the eff outta here if ya wanna smoke!

Idiot.

Oh yeah, also, fuck any piece of shit that calls smokers of any kind "peasants" because you don't like the smell.  You know how many people far more wealthy than anyone reading this smoke?  Get the fuck over yourself.  Is smoking cigarettes anachronistic at this point?  Sure, I'd say so -- and that's great!  But anyone judging those of us that are still addicted in such an odious way can go back to Hitler camp.

17 minutes ago, DMC said:

judging those of us that are still addicted in such an odious way

Doncha mean 'odorous' way' hmmmm?  :cheers:  :lol:

So outside Partner went, to smoke on the bench, while on fone w/amigo waaaaaaaaaaaay uptown smokin' walkin' the dog.

If I were tasked with Frankenstein-ing the dessicated remnants of SW back to life... and I'm _NOT_

What I'd do... 

What I'd do is start the prologue/monologue bit explaining why Princess/Chancellor Leia is allowing Admiral Dalaa to come to ruined Coruscant to make peace. 

Peace! 

With the EMPIRE!?!?!

Well, what could be worth it???

Pssst, they

They ain't from around here. 

Dalaa knows the Grand Moffs topsykrets

"Maybe your window turned out to be a door." 

????:o

21 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I must now tell you all of yesterday’s occurrence:

I stopped by my local taqueria to have a bite. Prices are very reasonable and the food is tasty, so it’s a mix of a wide variety of socioeconomic backgrounds. I was dressed very casually - jeans and a t-shirt. I’m at the bar, talking to a guy about my age. He asked me if I smoke. I said “no, but my boyfriend does” and he went to the bathroom with his backpack, and came out and put a small baggie in my hand.

I could smell it when he came out of the bathroom, I swear!! :rofl:I stuffed it into my little “It’s Cork!” cork coin purse that I bought in Portugal, and stuffed it into my black leather Prada bag.

I gave it to The Doctor that evening, who smelled it, eyed it, and pronounced it of excellent quality.

The odor has not left my cork coin purse, and also has soaked into the stash of cash I had in there. I’m now afraid to spend that cash anywhere other than a liquor store or strip club, and I must now wash the coin purse. Even then, I’m not confident of odor removal. 

And… that’s why I bitch about this shit.

;)

22 minutes ago, Chataya de Fleury said:

I’m now afraid to spend that cash anywhere other than a liquor store or strip club, and I must now wash the coin purse. Even then, I’m not confident of odor removal. 

Literally no one will smell your cash, goofball. 

7 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agree with Ty.  Even if a proprietor smelled weed on the cash, it's cash, they won't care!  At least there's no coke on it.

I don’t care that people will take it.  It would piss me off that the stuff smells like fucking skunk spray.

5 minutes ago, DMC said:

Agree with Ty.  Even if a proprietor smelled weed on the cash, it's cash, they won't care!  At least there's no coke on it.

Shit, even if there's coke on it... 

Only two thinks matter, is it real and does it count. I'll never wrap my head around how much Escobar lost from spoilage while having people killed for nothing.

4 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I don’t care that people will take it.  It would piss me off that the stuff smells like fucking skunk spray.

K.  I don't care that you'd care.  Honestly don't know why you'd allow something so pointless piss you off.  Life's short!

22 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

So… smells that are really nasty… to you… don’t put you in a bad mood?

I live in Florida.  The whole damn state smells like shit.

Archived