US Politics: them's indictin words

Kalbear

Yes, yes we do, we do hate the media.

... “Trump called out for his supporters, which is the media. The media gave him a billion dollars’ worth of free advertising, and they’re doing it again. When he said to his supporters, ‘come out,’ they did not fail him.” 

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2023/04/donald-trump-arrest-indictment-judge-new-york.html

There were only five or so people for Trump when I got there at 9 a.m. One, hoisting a large American flag over his shoulder, patiently gave interviews to reporters who queued up in front of him. (Yes, there was actually a line.)

One Trump supporter was guarded by Comedy Central security as she was mock-interviewed by the Daily Show’s Jordan Klepper. A little while later, a new arrival entered the park and took off his coat, revealing some ill-fitting American flag–print overalls with seemingly nothing underneath. He raised his fist and chanted weakly, using an indoor voice, “Trump, Trump, Trump … ” Within seconds, he was swarmed by two dozen photographers.

Outside Manhattan Criminal Court on Tuesday, the energy picked up some as Trump neared to face his indictment on 34 felony charges. But it was mostly just more of the same. Soon came a group of six Black men wearing “Blacks for Trump” T-shirts, along with another man carrying a giant flag that read “Trump or Death.” All were promptly swarmed. “Paying somebody hush money isn’t a crime!,” the Trump or Death guy shouted into an obliging reporter’s microphone.

“The media is acting worse than TMZ,” said Tony Lopez, who came to downtown Manhattan from the Bronx. “They’re taking advantage of a man in overalls. This should be a campaign for national mental health.” I asked him what the press should be doing instead. “Relaxing, measuring their blood pressure,” he said. (Fair.) “Trump called out for his supporters, which is the media. The media gave him a billion dollars’ worth of free advertising, and they’re doing it again. When he said to his supporters, ‘come out,’ they did not fail him.”

Asked why he was here too, he laughed. “I took off to see the circus,” he said. ....

15 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Kinda surprised Trump hasn't declared he pardoned himself regardless of the legality of it...

He still could whip out a pardon, right? I've always thought he wrote himself a pardon, but now I think maybe he was just too lazy or cocky. "Eh, they'll never indict me, and if they do, I'll be winging it!"

Edited by Mindwalker

15 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

Liberals will win control of Wisconsin Supreme Court, CNN projects

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/04/politics/wisconsin-election-supreme-court-results/index.html

"Right to Work" needs to get shredded here next.

We have the Governor, now the Court, we are getting closer to achieving our potential, need more legislators that can read now.

22 hours ago, Zorral said:

And correction -- it was Don Jr. who posted the judge's daughter on social media with incendiary rhetoric, evidently.

What a cowardly Effing P#ssy!!

Someone needs a Billy Jack style ass kicking.

Edited by DireWolfSpirit

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Gangster he is not.

He's not even a hood. Just a used cars salesman who came from money. Hence why everything about him is so cheap and easy to see through.

Great gods, YES. 

I have heard people refer to Trump as "the New Teflon President", but that's wrong. He got into office by a fluke of our electoral system, was unpopular throughout his tenure, couldn't accomplish anything he claimed to want, was impeached twice, was one of very few incumbents to fail to be reelected, lost the popular vote twice...everything sticks to him. The real problem is that neither Republican elites nor Republican voters will abandon him. 

Edited by TrackerNeil

32 minutes ago, TrackerNeil said:

The real problem is that neither Republican elites nor Republican voters will abandon him. 

They made a deal with the Devil, somehow realized the Devil has very little power, then remarried him because reasons. 

Edited by Tywin et al.

Geez, I was just scrolling through my news alerts and saw that former Maryland Governor Larry Hogan’s chief of staff, wanted on fraud and embezzlement charges, died after a confrontation with FBI in Tennessee. One story suggested he killed himself while at a traffic stop. Roy McGrath was on the run for three weeks, after failing to appear in court in March. Was this mentioned earlier by someone and I missed it among all the Trump stuff?

eta: I see that the story I was thinking of was about another Republican convicted on child sex charges.

Edited by Fragile Bird

Quoting  Scott Lemieux https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/2023/04/qanon-but-real :  "It remains a weird feature of American life that fake reactionary pedophile conspiracy theories exist among very real pedophile conspiracies among powerful and respected elites"

He's speaking at the moment about this -- but there are so many abuser pedophiles throughout the authoritarian xtian, etc. etc . etc.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/maryland-ag-documents-widespread-sexual-abuse-least-600-victims-baltim-rcna78378

Maryland's top prosecutor accused Catholic Church officials in Baltimore on Wednesday of engaging in a yearslong cover-up of the sexual abuse of 600-plus children, some of whom were “preyed upon by multiple abusers over decades."

State Attorney General Anthony Brown chronicled the abuse in a 463-page report that named several priests and described what they are alleged to have done.

"Time and again, members of the Church’s hierarchy resolutely refused to acknowledge allegations of child sexual abuse for as long as possible," according to the report.

"When denial became impossible, Church leadership would remove abusers from the parish or school, sometimes with promises that they would have no further contact with children. Church documents reveal with disturbing clarity that the Archdiocese was more concerned with avoiding scandal and negative publicity than it was with protecting children."

In total, the state found, more than "600 children are known to have been abused by the 156 people included in this Report, but the number is likely far higher."

The report said certain parishes were bases of multiple abusers, such as St. Mark Parish in Catonsville, where, it said, 11 child abusers lived and worked from 1964 to 2004.

The sexual abuse was so pervasive that it wasn't uncommon for more than one adult to target a young victim, according to the report.

"Young people in some parishes were preyed upon by multiple abusers over decades, and clergy used the power and authority of the ministry to exploit the trust of the children and families in their charge," Brown found. ....

We must must must save and protect out children from the horrors and damage of saying menstruation, from learning that the United States fought the Civil War about slavery, from men dressing up funny in men's clothes (seen a Shriners Parade lately?) but it's just fine to allow coaches, priests etc. sexually fiddle with them, and others to kill them with the guns we must all have to protect our children from pedophiles.

The only solution to these matters that makes any sense is for schools to STOP PLAYING SPORTS.

And the Tx State Education Dept. is considering a bill that mandates the 10 Commandments in EVERY CLASSROOM, bought with Tax Payer dollars if necessary.

29 minutes ago, Zorral said:

The only solution to these matters that makes any sense is for schools to STOP PLAYING SPORTS.

And the Tx State Education Dept. is considering a bill that mandates the 10 Commandments in EVERY CLASSROOM, bought with Tax Payer dollars if necessary.

I was about to post this.

This’ll actually lead to a lot more molested kids.

8 hours ago, Zorral said:

Yes, yes we do, we do hate the media.

I can’t recall MSNBC covering one Hillary rally.

17 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I was about to post this.

This’ll actually lead to a lot more molested kids.

I can’t recall MSNBC covering one Hillary rally.

I was reading the bill, and I am not sure it actually authorizes this. Maybe this part...

The state board of regents and the governing body for each municipal university, community college and technical college shall adopt rules and regulations for the postecondary educational institutions governed by each such entity, respectively, to implement the provisions of this section.

Still, I'd like to hear the legal experts weigh in before I decide this authorizes the examination of children's genitalia.

Edited by TrackerNeil

1 hour ago, TrackerNeil said:

I was reading the bill, and I am not sure it actually authorizes this. Maybe this part...

Still, I'd like to hear the legal experts weigh in before I decide this authorizes this examination of children's genitalia.

I don’t know.  Remember most school sports require “heria examinations (turn your head and cough)” to participate.  I fear they will qualify these examinations like those…

:( 

45 minutes ago, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I don’t know.  Remember most school sports require “heria examinations (turn your head and cough)” to participate.  I fear they will qualify these examinations like those…

:( 

They require physicals for my schools sports, but they have to be performed by the family doctor. That seems less invasive and dangerous than some random hobo off the street. 

I'm not a fancy Southern lawyer like Scot here, but I'm pretty sure everyone would consider these to be serious crimes:

CNN — Justice Clarence Thomas and his wife, conservative activist Ginni Thomas, have gone on several luxury trips involving travel subsidized by and stays at properties owned by a GOP megadonor, according to a new bombshell ProPublica report published Thursday.

The hospitality was not disclosed on Thomas’ public financial filings with the Supreme Court, ProPublica said.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/06/politics/clarence-thomas-harlan-crow-supreme-court-pro-publica/index.html

Just another example of how we hold the people with the most power to the least authority....

Edited by Tywin et al.

Hum, makes you question some of your life's choices, doesn't it?

Like not being born like 40 years earlier and in the US, then not studying law and joining the federalist douchebag society and getting appointed to the Supreme Court.

Kids from the US, if you read this. I'll impart this much knwledge to you. It's too late for Ty and me. But you can still become (more) horrible human beings and do all of that. If you do that, you can be as batshit crazy and corrupt as you like, you can even marry somebody who wants to overthrow the US goverment, and you'll face zero consequences. It's marvellous.

All Things Considered considered solemnly for a half hour or a century the orange canker's wild accusation that George Soros is funding Alvin Bragg to persecute <stet> him.

Not a word about Clarence and Ginnie Thomas's crimes.