Do you think it’s possible that Nettles was Daemon’s bastard daughter?

Addendum:

I context, I think, it is still a mistake that Laena and Laenor were the first Velaryon dragonriders. I think Alyssa Velaryon should have been given a dragon to mount after her betrothal or marriage to Prince Aenys to show who and what she was now - the future queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Her lacking a dragon causes all kind of problems when she and the children flee during Maegor's reign. We have to assume that the woman desperately clings to the back of one of the not-so-large dragons of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, and that all feels weird. Not to mention that her anti-Maegor stance - as well as her later treatment of her own husband Lord Rogar - would have had more teeth and fire if she could have pointed everybody involved to her own growing dragon. Which easily enough could have been Meleys or Caraxes or even some new dragon which would then die later during the reign of Jaehaerys I or Viserys I.

14 hours ago, Lord Varys said:

Addendum:

I context, I think, it is still a mistake that Laena and Laenor were the first Velaryon dragonriders. I think Alyssa Velaryon should have been given a dragon to mount after her betrothal or marriage to Prince Aenys to show who and what she was now - the future queen of the Seven Kingdoms. Her lacking a dragon causes all kind of problems when she and the children flee during Maegor's reign. We have to assume that the woman desperately clings to the back of one of the not-so-large dragons of Jaehaerys and Alysanne, and that all feels weird. Not to mention that her anti-Maegor stance - as well as her later treatment of her own husband Lord Rogar - would have had more teeth and fire if she could have pointed everybody involved to her own growing dragon. Which easily enough could have been Meleys or Caraxes or even some new dragon which would then die later during the reign of Jaehaerys I or Viserys I.

alyssa stealing vhagar and darksister is very cool and explain why maegor didnt go to storm end and burn kill them he didnt want to kill his mother dragon

While I do think it’s up for interpretation one of the biggest hints that Daemon loved his daughters is the fact that his eldest, Baela, is basically a female version of him. She does all the things he used to do, hangs out with people that hung out with Daemon, and has near the same personality.

As the eldest she would’ve spent the most time with him, more than Rhaena, Aegon, and Viserys. The fact that she does all those things indicates a closer relationship to me.

8 hours ago, Red_star99 said:

alyssa stealing vhagar and darksister is very cool and explain why maegor didnt go to storm end and burn kill them he didnt want to kill his mother dragon

That would also have been a pretty good twist there! Could have explained why Maegor did not just torch Storm's End with Balerion. Vermithor and Silverwing and eventually Dreamfyre don't really seem to be strong deterrents against such a policy. But Vhagar certainly would have been. It would have also helped to convince most of the other lords that Maegor's cause was lost.

But giving Alyssa one of those other dragons which hatched during the reign of the Conqueror could have also added another dragon to the grander scheme of things, enabling George to have more dragonriders among Jaehaerys' children than just three (although, of course, the fact that both Balerion and Dreamfyre were not claimed during his later reign means that there was actually no lack of dragons there). However, another dragon could have also allowed him to have another dragon dying of unnatural causes prior to the Dance. Say, by ways of a lucky shot during the War of a Hundred Candles or, better still, by having some rebel or outlaw turn successful dragonslayer.

Archived