Why is it that chatGPT gets it, but many humans don’t?

kissdbyfire

ChatGPT is just a database, adjusted to the capability of holding s written conversation with you. It's telling you what it's programmed to say, it is not capable to have a rational (or irrational, for what it's worth) understanding of what it's being questioned, it's a system that's designed to be capable of answering the questions it's told to do so. The not-so PC versions are much easier to be led into controversial topics tho, which is fun.

But I won't listen to a computer more than I would to it's creator, the first thinking entity behind the layers.

As such, Tyrion is villainous at the very least, and the Starks fall into survival situations on a regular basis, with no heroicness attached to what they do, just survival instincts. (Sometimes not even that)

But they're not stripped of their hero status, not even Tyrion (if he ever had one). While some characters do very questionable things, I think it's almost always pretty clearly outlined wether they're kept around for a positive or negative impact on the story.

On 4/2/2023 at 6:31 AM, kissdbyfire said:

Maybe we should just let chatGPT answer the insane and dumb arguments that are constantly being made by a certain faction of readers. :lol:

Only after it finishes Winds of Winter!

9 hours ago, GZ Bloodraven said:

Is that the 1999 quote?

Yes.

Now one can say Tyrion is a “hero”, in that he is a, perhaps the, main protagonist.  In that sense Harry Flashman or Richard III are heroes.

But their conduct is not at all heroic.

If the novels’ ending is in any way similar to the show’s, I expect he will compass the ruin of both Jon and Dany. But, he’ll be Iago, not the show’s St. Tyrion.  I imagine that sexual jealousy would be his big motivator (hinted at, but never really developed, in the show).

Archived